• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
The program does both. What's a script editor that can't make new scripts?

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2011
when i click associate shell it comes up saying access is denied a few times the press any key to quit
alsoicant get pksv to work with advance map

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
You need to run it in administrator mode then. Right-click on AssociateShell.bat and select "Run As Administrator".

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
if you are allowed to ask something then using xse how can i make a scirpt then enter a battle and if you win he starts the script again.. also how can i make a give something but never be able to get it again,and again? im new to learning to script

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2011
I have a little problem in pokemon emerald... okay so im trying to create a deoxys sprite on my "moon" map that i created using advance map and i tried to insert a deoxys script using pksv and apparently when i click "A" on the deoxys it makes the sound but then everything freezes and i cant move so i need help. if anyone knows how i can get it to work that would be great. i hate manual scripting and pksv is pretty handy but this is one problem i would love to fix on pokemon emerald.

jvpski3

Banned
Years
Thanks! Pretty useful since Generation III is a pretty big generation! Also, can you try to also do it for IV and V? Thanks! It also covers Generation II, pretty good, too! Nice!

Roboto-kun

is an Ace Trainer.
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
I have a little problem in pokemon emerald... okay so im trying to create a deoxys sprite on my "moon" map that i created using advance map and i tried to insert a deoxys script using pksv and apparently when i click "A" on the deoxys it makes the sound but then everything freezes and i cant move so i need help. if anyone knows how i can get it to work that would be great. i hate manual scripting and pksv is pretty handy but this is one problem i would love to fix on pokemon emerald.

Ah, can I see your script? I may be able to fix it. Thanks. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2011
Ah, can I see your script? I may be able to fix it. Thanks. :)
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 2
if == jump 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry DEOXYS 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle DEOXYS 0x55 NONE
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitspecial
clearflag 0x807
special2 0x800D 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 1
if == jump 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 4
if == jump 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 5
if == jump 0x8162561
setflag 0x400
release
end

its made from the "battle pokemon" option in the script generator it works fine a sapphire and ruby but not my emerald rom

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2011
Wild pokemon battle scripts

The battle script generator isn't working and I need help! Could someone post a working script or tell me how to create my own in Pksv? Please I've searched everywhere and I cannot find a tutorial

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2011
Thanks it fixed my Fire red and Leaf Green roms! But still didnt fix my R/S/E roms if you are able to help me on those then that would be great!

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2011
i'm hacking a sapphire rom and i want to make a script to battle a pokemon.
when i use the script generator one of the boxes that pops up says "Please enter an unused flag number"... total noob to all this, so what do i put in that box? since i have no idea what a flag number is and i don't want to put something in that'll screw up another part of the game

ShadowSky

Embodiment of Death
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
I'm editing a FireRed Rom, and I'm wondering how I can make it where there's no battle after you choose your pokemon, and how when you get the Pokedex, you get the national dex instead.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
i'm hacking a sapphire rom and i want to make a script to battle a pokemon.
when i use the script generator one of the boxes that pops up says "Please enter an unused flag number"... total noob to all this, so what do i put in that box? since i have no idea what a flag number is and i don't want to put something in that'll screw up another part of the game

The program recommends you start at 200 or something but start at 001 if you're an entirely new hack.

There should be a little part of the program with used flags to avoid.

I'm editing a FireRed Rom, and I'm wondering how I can make it where there's no battle after you choose your pokemon, and how when you get the Pokedex, you get the national dex instead.

For that you just need to go onto A-Map and get rid of the script tiles in Oaks lab. Easy enough but make sure you get rid of the right ones because the others stop you running away before getting your Pokemon.

As for the national dex that should also be in the used flags part of the program, if not, PM me and I'll get it for you. x

EDIT:

Just looked and the national dex flag isn't in there. So here it is...

Spoiler:

Just insert that into the script. :P

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
The program recommends you start at 200 or something but start at 001 if you're an entirely new hack.

There should be a little part of the program with used flags to avoid.

For that you just need to go onto A-Map and get rid of the script tiles in Oaks lab. Easy enough but make sure you get rid of the right ones because the others stop you running away before getting your Pokemon.

As for the national dex that should also be in the used flags part of the program, if not, PM me and I'll get it for you. x

EDIT:

Just looked and the national dex flag isn't in there. So here it is...

Spoiler:

Just insert that into the script. :P

No. Do not start at 001. That's dangerous and stupid. The program recommends what it recommends for a reason. xD

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
No. Do not start at 001. That's dangerous and stupid. The program recommends what it recommends for a reason. xD

I have started from 001 since I actually started hacking and I have had no problems what so ever. And I should know. lol I've done like a bijillion scripts. It's fine. :P

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I have started from 001 since I actually started hacking and I have had no problems what so ever. And I should know. lol I've done like a bijillion scripts. It's fine. :P

Actually, those early flags control information the game sets for a new save file, if I remember correctly. Just because you haven't noticed anything doesn't mean nothing's going wrong. The game engines are shotty at best. It wouldn't take much to screw them up. I would know because I've looked at the scripts the game uses as well as a routine or two. Not because I've tinkered and continued to be able to use my ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back