• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Planning on replaying HeartGold... Would like to know where I can Sketch certain moves...

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • Planning on replaying HeartGold and using Smeargle (when I can get one), so I wanted to know where I can Sketch the likes of Flamethrower and Razor Leaf (preferably before the Elite Four and Kanto), Surf, IIRC, I can steal off of Silver's Feraligatr and/or Chuck's Poliwrath, not sure about a fourth move yet.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Planning on replaying HeartGold and using Smeargle (when I can get one), so I wanted to know where I can Sketch the likes of Flamethrower and Razor Leaf (preferably before the Elite Four and Kanto), Surf, IIRC, I can steal off of Silver's Feraligatr and/or Chuck's Poliwrath, not sure about a fourth move yet.

(Moved this over to Previous Generations.)

Found a GameFAQ page on SoulSilver trainers. Should be similar in HeartGold. (Cross-checked on Serebii.) Does not list everything, though.

Razor Leaf:
    • Lake of Rage. Ace Trainer Alton. Ivysaur. (Sleep Powder, Take Down, Razor Leaf, Sweet Scent)
    • Azalea Town. Rival (if you chose Totodile). Bayleef. (Razor Leaf, Poisonpowder, Synthesis, Reflect)

Flamethrower:
    • Lake of Rage. Ace Trainer Lois. Ninetales. (Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot)

Finds more than that, but kind of late. (Gave lots of Pokemon in Kanto Flamethrower.)

Other options:
    • Bring the move on a Pokemon when catching Smeargle. Let Smeargle Sketch your Pokemon's move. Must survive it, though.
    • Bring the move and find a Ditto. Let it Transform. Switch to Smeargle. (Ditto locations: Route 47 (level 31-40) with Surf + Waterfall. Route 34 + 35 (level 10).)

Edit: Recommends Spore as a good fourth move. Grabs it off Ace Trainer Jake's Parasect on Route 26, just before Victory Road. Bring a Chesto Berry or make Parasect unable to hit.

Last edited:
    Back