• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planning teams

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
  • Yup. Usually I have a rough basis for what my team is going to look like before I start the playthrough. I always try to fulfill the Fire-Water-Grass triangle, so I need to at least plan out which types will be what type. Also, a lot of my nicknames are planned even before I start playing, so that's another reason why I plan out my teams. Of course, I'm always open to replacing team members and such. So, I will occasionally just catch whatever comes my way if I feel like one of my Pokemon is more of a hindrance than actual good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I do find myself wondering what Pokémon I'd be having with myself before playing a new game, but I don't necessarily plan these things out completely like some people. I mean, I did organize teams before starting save files before, but that's when I'd finished playing a game already and am about to give it another run, if that makes sense, haha. Last time I had done something like this was when doing Nuzlocke run on Emerald. Wasn't completely successful towards building my team, however; had to remove most of my Pokémon throughout game-play, since they wound up fainting. It's a rule, so I wasn't able to do anything about that, sadly.

Years
  • To say the least, not at all. I almost never plan my team before starting a new adventure (except in specific challenges where i'm assigned my team before I even begin but i'll discuss that in a bit), even in normal playthroughs. Although when I first played White 2, I had looked at Marriland's Pokémon Reviews on his site a lot and tried to take into consideration what I could go for.

In challenges, however, where my options are usually limited, I obviously don't plan my team, especially in Nuzlockes and Wedlockes. But in Monotypes and Mono-Colors, when I have a variety of options to select, I pick accordingly for upcoming fights. Sometimes i'll end up training many of the Pokémon I have to a specific level before the Elite Four even if i'm not gonna use them, but I try to decide who I want to use based on how helpful I feel they'll be against the Elite Four.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I make plans... Then I do something totally different :)

If it's a new generation, I have my ideas but I cannot wait to try the other pokemon, so I end up by trying them all, then choose who will stay with me.

Back