• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plastic Surgery

Umbreon_

muwahh
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Do you agree to the fact that plastic surgeries makes you/someone/ proud? What do you think?

Discuss. x.x

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I don't know. I need to ask my Church people to make a decision whether it's right or wrong :P I want my nose fixed, nostrils are too big D: But I do think it's good for some, like on Extreme Makeover and that, it gives them the confidence they didn't have before.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    Plastic surgery is revolting. People should just be happy with who they are and how they look.
    I've nothing against Michael Jackson, but plastic surgery completely messed up his look.

Years
  • There are some people who really do need it (and not because they think they're ugly, people who need it because that certain flaw is giving them problems, or something like that), but all in all, I don't think plastic surgery is really necessary. Because, number 1, it's like saying you're not enough for yourself, it's like putting yourself down, number 2, it hurts, number 3, it's expensive. :/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Really, who needs plastic surgery when you've got cosmetics? :D

...People that suffer fires. I think only them are people that should think about plastic surgery. Nobody wants burn scars forever. It's pretty sad, you know. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Reconstructive surgery is good, or something that's otherwise necessary for one's health, but if all one wants is per example a bigger pair of breasts then I'm not really seeing the point.

Years
  • I have no issue with it, if it's some really huge problem that's affecting a persons life, be it directly or indirectly then I have no problem, even if it is a bit vain and all about appearance, if its boosts their confidence or otherwise improves a person's life, why not?

It only really becomes a problem when people get to obsessive, decreasing the size of your ears by 3 millimetres or whatever. Even then its your body and your money do as you please, just don't expect sympathy from me when your lips look like they transplanted from a horse.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • If you can't accept your looks as is, you have low confidence in yourself. :/

But reconstructive surgery is alright. I mean, some people get messed up by things and don't want to go around with half a face. That's understandable.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    It's your body right? Why shouldn't you be allowed to make yourself look better? If you have a huge nose and want reduced, great. If you want bigger boobs, I'm happy for you (and your boy/girlfriend ;)).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • For the people that get cosmetic surgery responsibly, it's more of a confidence thing than a vanity thing, and that's all fine and well. It's the stereotyped valley girl wannabes that do it just to be as vain as possible that irk me. >_>

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I think if someone has some serious things like something that happened to their face during an accident, a fire, or are born that way, then plastic surgery is ok. But if someone wants to get plastic surgery because they think it will make them more "beautiful", the need to get plastic surgery from plastic explosives or something........ Okay, maybe not that extreme but it's ridiculous.

Somewhat young people don't need plastic surgery because they already look fine, and old people don't need plastic surgery because they are supposed to look gross and old, that's how you know they are wise. :D

Every one of those 60%+ plastic celebrities look so disgusting, why would they do that?

And on a similar subject, implants, don't even get me started on those.... XD

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Yes if it gives people the confidence they wouldn't have had before. Can you honestly say there isn't something about yourself you'd change if you could? It's just a shame that people place so much emphasis on looks when it comes to self-esteem. But it's a raw animal instinct we cannot fight.

Years
  • It's something that anyone considering it should think long and hard about, like when getting a tattoo or getting married. Obviously when you haven't thought much about it it will show. I've seen a couple of bad tattoos and bad marriages and I could tell there hadn't been as much planning as there should have been. Still, it's a personal choice.

People who look down on others for getting plastic surgery without knowing the reasons they get it are just as vain as their image of the people they're criticizing.

Also, think a moment of people who are transgendered before making sweeping comments.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I don't see a problem with it. It's their body. If it makes them feel good, that's great for them. For some people, confidence comes naturally. Others need to have fake boobs to feel good. Whatever works for them.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth the money, though.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • If you can't accept your looks as is, you have low confidence in yourself. :/

But reconstructive surgery is alright. I mean, some people get messed up by things and don't want to go around with half a face. That's understandable.

I agree completely. I'm pretty put off by people who take plastic surgery just because they thought they didn't look good in the first place (then again, I'm not shallow, so others might care about looks more), but it's pretty unrealistic to expect someone to go through life with half your chest or something.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    There are some people who really do need it (and not because they think they're ugly, people who need it because that certain flaw is giving them problems, or something like that), but all in all, I don't think plastic surgery is really necessary. Because, number 1, it's like saying you're not enough for yourself, it's like putting yourself down, number 2, it hurts, number 3, it's expensive. :/

I agree 100%.

Really, who needs plastic surgery when you've got cosmetics? :D

Frankly I think cosmetics are pretty much the same thing in my book, minus the pain and the expense (although it's still a waste of money). Really it's the same with any other "give us your money and we'll make you 'look better'" service like tanning salons. Bunch of extraneous BS if you ask me. Why don't more people just be their natural selves?

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • It's not about how someone looks, it's about who they are. Of course, that doesn't work for everyone. A lot of people judge others on how they look, and if someone doesn't like the way they're being judged and bought plastic surgery I'm happy that they found confidence somewhere else. In my opinion, it doesn't make someone "proud" at all, or at least not "proud" in the definition you meant. I wouldn't get it myself, but that's because I agree with the first sentence. XP

On the subject of reconstructive surgery, I actually think it should be provided by most insurance and health care plans. Again, though, as long as the damage isn't too severe, I'd live my life with a scar.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I agree with getting plastic surgery because of a facial deoformity or something like that.

But I really don't get why you need to get plastic surgery to make someone else happy...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Only if something bad happened, like a full-face burn or something. Otherwise, it's revolting, disgusting, and abnormal. Fake boobs, noses, etc. is just showing that you're self-conscious, and overall, ridiculous and stupid.

^ That's what I think.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I agree with Yu-chan.

Only people who are super self-conscious elect to have this kind of surgery. Now if it's a serious deformity, then it's perfectly fine...otherwise, it should be strongly discouraged.

I'm not against breast reduction, but breast enhancements ought to be banned. x3

Back