• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum, and what it means for GSDS.

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
  • Okies, so now Pokemon Platinum is official. Yay. We knew this was coming.

The question is, now what happens to the Gold/Silver remakes? Do you think they'll still happen? After all, Fire Red and Leaf Green came out before Emerald.

Personally, I'm not sure anymore. I still want them to happen, and I definitely think it's possible, but Platinum coming out now sort of throws a big question mark on the whole thing for me. Thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Maybe they will release gold and silver after platinum releases. So it is probably in production :)
    hopefully they will consider making the remakes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2008
    Okies, so now Pokemon Platinum is official. Yay. We knew this was coming.

The question is, now what happens to the Gold/Silver remakes? Do you think they'll still happen? After all, Fire Red and Leaf Green came out before Emerald.

Personally, I'm not sure anymore. I still want them to happen, and I definitely think it's possible, but Platinum coming out now sort of throws a big question mark on the whole thing for me. Thoughts?

Perhaps Johto is visitable in Platinium. Who knows.

Years
  • Platinum is looking great so maybe they are going to use it to get more sales if a possible G/S/C Remake would be in production.

Personally I think Pokemon's popularity could return if they released Platinum and then hit us quickly with G/S/C and a decent wii game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    I think the remake of G/S/C is in production, but you can't visit Johto in Platinum, because the disk space isn't big enough for 2 places.
    We have to wait, then we will know new

Platium looks great on the picture

Espeorb

Blizzard Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2016
    Ehh, I have to agree with nintendo power on this one, at least. They don't especially need a remake of Gold and Silver, what with all pokemon already accessible by the 4th gen. You know what I'm talking about. What was the *real* reason the made FR/LG? That's right. To put Johto pokemon in the 3rd Gen.

Although I still think a remake or GSC would be nice, it's not looking likely.

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    but if they put Johto pokemon in FR/LG ONLY for that reason, why bother putting in the data to show that a Pokemon was captured in Johto?

Espeorb

Blizzard Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2016
    Now... see, I forgot about that. When I saw it on Pokesav, it blew me away. But wait-- there's data for Hoenn, too. And wouldn't a Pokemon from Pal Park say it's from Pal Park. A Hoenn remake seems unlikely.

EDIT: And Kanto, too. I'm just wondering, do tranferred Pokemon say the region they're from?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    O doubt that They'd make a G/S remake in the first place. LG and FR didn't do so well as far as selling copies(i think), but the fact that Platinum has been announced, and not any reamakes, I'm sorry to say that I doubt it will ever happen.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Were G/S remakes ever confirmed to happen in the first place? How does the existence of Platinum un-confirm it? A third D/P game always was bound to happen anyway, right? If they really intend to make G/S remakes, what's stopping them from doing it at some point down the road?

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
  • Platinum looks better as to diamond than emerald did to ruby,
    Pokemon leafgreen was like, meh.
    But pokemon Gold was the best pokemon game ever, I hope they will make a remake

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Now... see, I forgot about that. When I saw it on Pokesav, it blew me away. But wait-- there's data for Hoenn, too. And wouldn't a Pokemon from Pal Park say it's from Pal Park. A Hoenn remake seems unlikely.

EDIT: And Kanto, too. I'm just wondering, do tranferred Pokemon say the region they're from?

When you get Pokemon from Pal Park, they say what region they come from not "Pal Park". I hope there's a GS remake

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • well, I always thought "Platinum" would be the-big-epic-this-ends-here-and-now-and-these-are-the-answers-to-everything-game...

ya'know, like... the big game that has ALL the regions in some really big huge plot?

I dunno, I mean they DID put in the S.S Ticket, and the Johto Apricorn Balls... so, they MIGHT still remake Johto... or, I could be right and Platinum IS the-big-epic-this-ends-here-and-now-and-these-are-the-answers-to-everything-game...

but only time will tell the REAL story.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, Pokemon GS is supposed to be on DS- check my profile's albums. The game is unsure and may be moved to it's own place. Well, when I get more data about it that's not from a fan site.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Here's the biggest reason for why a GS remake will be made - money. That's the main reason why these games are being made - if they won't sell, they don't make the cut. And I'm very confident that a GS remake is another cash cow waiting to be made.

Platinum... very likely won't have Johto. Firstly - Kanto is closer to Sinnoh than Johto is - would be a very extravegent way to get there, right? The most feasible way would be going through Kanto to get to Johto. Three regions in one game isn't going to happen either IMO.

And then there's the coding - it allows Pokemon from a certain game to say that it came from Johto. There are two spots in the game coding for the such, that are labelled 'JOHTO'. Now, they didn't put coding in the 3rd gens to make it say 'From Orre' for Colo and XD. Instead they just decided to place in 'Distant Land' as the message - so really there is not need to make the coding say Johto int he first place. So why do it? Maybe if a remake is intended.

Jasmine is a slight hint towards it as well. There is really no reason why she has to be there, and give you the Waterfall TM. Anyone else could have done it. Why bring her in, and give a million references to GSC games in Diamond/Pearl as well, when there's no need. I just think that it seems a bit purposful. Not to mention, Jasmine now has a ready-to-go sprite made... hmm.
    Ehh, I have to agree with nintendo power on this one, at least. They don't especially need a remake of Gold and Silver, what with all pokemon already accessible by the 4th gen. You know what I'm talking about. What was the *real* reason the made FR/LG? That's right. To put Johto pokemon in the 3rd Gen.

Although I still think a remake or GSC would be nice, it's not looking likely.
    Note the new gamers who for them, Diamond and Pearl is the first game for them. Would they rather by an older GBA game, or a new, spiffy DS game that is a remake, but they haven't played yet anyway? There's a need for the Johto and even Kanto Pokes.

What about getting Lugia and Ho-oh, part of dex requirements? Save for XD and Colo - on the Gamecube - or events that to my knowledge don't happen anymore, they won't be able to. And many would be reluctent to get old games just for a few Pokemon. The advantage of a (possible, nor definite, mind) GS remake is the fact that many wouldn't have played it anyway, and many would need the Pokemon anyway.

For me, it's actually looking more likely than not - especially with the first reason that it would make money, without a doubt for me.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • but if they put Johto pokemon in FR/LG ONLY for that reason, why bother putting in the data to show that a Pokemon was captured in Johto?
    Simple. Those who missed out and those who got them but still like Johto better will buy them instantly. More money for Nintendo, and its a win/win situation.

I'm 100% confident they are in the works, but that doesnt mean we'l see them. Why else would Johto be programmed into DP's location data? Its impossible to get a Pokemon from the Johto region in the current linkable generations, so it must be in the works.

Edit: Seems people already stated this before me, I'm too hasty.

Back