• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum, and what it means for GSDS.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • I believe that it has been confirmed that there will not be any remakes of Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I would have wanted one dearly, though.

Years
  • No, I do not see any future Pokémon game revisiting Johto. The one and only thing that we don't have in modern games that Gold, Silver, and Crystal had were the Apricorn Balls, at least two of which have been replaced by newer counterparts.

So yeah, if the Apricorn Balls are in Platinum, then there's no point in a new Johto game. If not, then go ahead and keep hoping.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Fire red and Leaf Green had the best graphics? Come off of it. They'd more than likely use the same type of graphics for a GSC remake as Diamond and Pearl's ones.
    Also - where's the verification on moon-silver and white-old (gold?) for the names being copy-righted? Heck, thoses names suck to begin with, and secondly don't seem to draw too many parallels to Gold and Silver... there have been other names that were claimed to be copyrighted, but weren't.

Look at the Platinum case - everyone was going Opal, bacause it was a 'copy-righted' name. Much good that did - Nintendo have dozons of gemstones website names covered, but PoemonPlatinum.com itself, had not been bought by them. So there's no point talking about what the name will be anyhow.
    When I said FR/LG had the best graphics I meant for gba. And look it up on bulbapedia there there. Also if you do the math you got what 3-4 years per region. The way nintendo set up the whole thing in amrica you going for another 3 and japan 2. WHat would you think in 2-3years worh time would nintendo put to fill.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • it's still possible. ANYTHING is possible.

First Came RB (1998)
    The anime came out, and Yellow soon followed (1999)

one Year Later,

G/S came out in 2000.
    One year later, in 2001, Crystal came out.

in 2003, Ruby and Sapphire came out.
    One year later, The remakes of R/B came out (2004)
    1 year after that, and 2 after R/S, Emerald came out. (2005)

2 years later, and we're at another generation is here. D/P. (2007)
    Presumably in 2009, we'll have Platinum.

2009 for Japan & 2010 (or late 2009) for the US, we would probably have G/S Remakes, presuming they acctually MAKE them in the first place...

PokeProphet

Pokemon Prophet
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    as for the gold/silver remakes, they are most likely to come next (after platinum),
    my reasoning? EX: red/blue/(green) *yellow, gold/silver *crystal, ruby/sapphire *emerald, fire red/leaf green (red/blue/(green) remakes), then diamond/pearl *platinum, see the pattern? (although the remakes were random) i hope this answers/helps with your question.

edit: i now realize that ~KiTsUnE basically said the same thing.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • I believe that it has been confirmed that there will not be any remakes of Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I would have wanted one dearly, though.

And where exactly are you pulling THAT little piece of information? Nothing's been confirmed.

All I'm asking guys, really, is if the announcement of Platinum has CHANGED your expectations for GSDS. It changed mine, since before I was expecting that if the remakes came out at all, it would be before the diamond/pearl 3rd piece.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • I Love Pokemon G/S/C, Because of Those Games Johto is My All-Time Favorite Region on Pokemon, Besides Two of My Favorite Pokemon Were Originated in Johto (Quilava & Umbreon).If They Make G/S/C Remake I Would Pay $50 Just To Own It. XD!!!

Last edited:

KiraYamato

Sumyungai
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    I think the remake of G/S/C is in production, but you can't visit Johto in Platinum, because the disk space isn't big enough for 2 places.

That's completly untrue. D/P could have had a world 2-3 times bigger than it was, if not more. They only used a small portion of the space avaliable, why? I'm not sure. I think it's because they wanted to get a real pokemon game out for DS as fast as possible, so they didn't go as far as they could.

As much as I want a G/S/C Remake, if it's just johto without kanto, I'll feel like they're cheating us out. The DS has so much more to offer, we can have vastly larger pokemon games thanks to it, they just have to do it. I just fear that if they do a remake, it will put off the time in which we will get a larger game in the long run.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I believe you need verification on that... hasn't been any annuncement on that sort of thing. The closest was a statement from Nintendo saying that any GS remake has not come out yet, if it does, it will be annouced by them on their website so look there from time to time to see what new games are coming out. In other words - we ain't saying anything on the subject... yet.

When I said FR/LG had the best graphics I meant for gba. And look it up on bulbapedia there there. Also if you do the math you got what 3-4 years per region. The way nintendo set up the whole thing in amrica you going for another 3 and japan 2. WHat would you think in 2-3years worh time would nintendo put to fill.
    Best for BGA - fair enough then.
    Bulbapedia don't specify where they got it from, I believe - and again, look at the Platinum issue - that hasn't been a copyrighted website domain, yet it was taken over Opal.
    Also - note that I am FOR a GS remake. :) Just wanted to argue against those points.
    That's completly untrue. D/P could have had a world 2-3 times bigger than it was, if not more. They only used a small portion of the space avaliable, why? I'm not sure. I think it's because they wanted to get a real pokemon game out for DS as fast as possible, so they didn't go as far as they could.
    Or... they didn't put Johto to save it for a GS remake, as having a region in two different games would lose them many sales. Plus - Kanto is far closer to Sinnoh, not Johto, so unless one goes through Kanto...
    And - how much space would it actually have? Save times are long enough as it is... and GSC, Kanto had been minimised as well...

As much as I want a G/S/C Remake, if it's just johto without kanto, I'll feel like they're cheating us out. The DS has so much more to offer, we can have vastly larger pokemon games thanks to it, they just have to do it. I just fear that if they do a remake, it will put off the time in which we will get a larger game in the long run.
    I'm pretty certain that a GSC remake would have Kanto as well. After all, the league IS in Kanto... now if only it doesn't get downscaled.
    And, my comments in bold.

All I'm asking guys, really, is if the announcement of Platinum has CHANGED your expectations for GSDS. It changed mine, since before I was expecting that if the remakes came out at all, it would be before the diamond/pearl 3rd piece.
    Nope, hasn't changed my expectations of it. I think it's too hard to go about and try to base predictions of this sort of thing on one previous occurance of it happening. Heck, maybe a GS remake will only happen in the 5th gen, and back-trading would be allowed as well, ala GSC/RBY trading. I'm pretty confident (and hopeful) that it will happen, but when I cannot say. If I based it on previous occurances, I'm now looking forward to two Wii Pokemon RPG's. :)

Years
  • I belive there will be on they are dropping hints about it every where Jasmine coming and meeting you in Sunny shore city And in platiunm Luckas bag it silver i would no be surprised if Dawns bag will be gold and that guy says her heard something from prof elm about eggs hatching faser if there with fast pokemon there dropping hints every where there are some more im just drawing a blank

DragonFir3

Safety and Peace be upon you
    Years
  • I think it would be a good idea for Nintendo to do a "twin games", but that would have quite different storylines. Each game should have 2 regions: 1. Johto - Hoen, and 2. Shinoh - Kanto. Nintendo should think about that idea. I'm sure a lot of people would buy the game.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Meh- the remakes may not come out, but all I now have (as my 7th pic in my albums) is an english version of the game.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • bringing to light 2 points that kind of contradict each other.

1. having Johto as listed in 'where this pokémon came from' section can be explained by the eevee that Bebe gives, it came from her friend in Johto.

2.although this might have occurred to some people, platinum is a metal, not a gem.(metal like GSC, coincidence?)

and I am also in favor of a GSC remake, but I think Nintendo is just driving us around in circles on purpose.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, the reason Platinum came out first is because Nintendo is thinking smart. They more than likely have something hinting to a remake in Platinum having something to do with *Insert Steel Type Gym Leader from GSC here*, meaning that they'll have more sells when they finally release the remakes. (if they do)

Of course that's all speculation, but I'm hoping it's what they're aiming for.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Let's ensure this discussion remains on how Platinum affects the remakes of Johto. It hasn't strayed yet, but I'd like it to stay on topic. Thanks.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Lets look at it another way. There were six version pokemon games for the GB/C. Six version pokemon games for the GBA. Now if they are following trend then they HAVE to make six versions. Unless it's an entirely new world it'd most likely be a remake of G/S.

Ehh, I have to agree with nintendo power on this one, at least. They don't especially need a remake of Gold and Silver, what with all pokemon already accessible by the 4th gen. You know what I'm talking about. What was the *real* reason the made FR/LG? That's right. To put Johto pokemon in the 3rd Gen.

Although I still think a remake or GSC would be nice, it's not looking likely.
    Hmm good point although they could have easily done that with Emerald by swapping all the pokemon for a new experience.

Perhaps Johto is visitable in Platinium. Who knows.
    If they made Jhoto accessible they'd have to make Kanto too since they are next to each other. 3 huge worlds in one game? I highly doubt that =/.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Lets look at it another way. There were six version pokemon games for the GB/C. Six version pokemon games for the GBA. Now if they are following trend then they HAVE to make six versions. Unless it's an entirely new world it'd most likely be a remake of G/S.

Hmm good point although they could have easily done that with Emerald by swapping all the pokemon for a new experience.

If they made Jhoto accessible they'd have to make Kanto too since they are next to each other. 3 huge worlds in one game? I highly doubt that =/.

Actually, they don't really have a tradition. First gen had Green, Blue, Red, and yellow.

I just think the fact that Jasmin was in D/P points to the remake. I'm sure Platinum will have something more about the G/S remake.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • BackOnTopic:
    I think that Pokemon Platinum may have some of what Jhoto offers us.. (GSC) but not everything. If it's coming out for DS.. it may have some Jhoto pokemon in it, but mainly Sinnoh. Maybe the Jhoto pokemon will be like legendaries.
    PMed my my sister:
    No. A third will be plain old stupid. The pokemon company shouldn't have done this.
    but she's wrong.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    BackOnTopic:
    I think that Pokemon Platinum may have some of what Jhoto offers us.. (GSC) but not everything. If it's coming out for DS.. it may have some Jhoto pokemon in it, but mainly Sinnoh. Maybe the Jhoto pokemon will be like legendaries.
    PMed my my sister:

but she's wrong.

So you're saying that there are no jhoto pokes in diamond or pearl? Because off the top of my head I'd say there were over a dozen in the shinnoh dex.

Back