• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Platinum, protagonist sprites

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    The quick questions thread didn't work, so maybe I'll have more luck here.

Hi, I'm replacing protagonist sprites in a Platinum rom. I'm almost done with the overworlds. Now I want to replace the backsprites, the frontsprite, the mugshot and if possible the running sprite from gender selection screen. What is the best way to do it? I've been trying to find a solution, but to no avail.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Okay, so how does using a good emulator with such a property allow me to replace sprites?

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • To replace sprites in pokemon platinum, as far as i know. You need a narc file extractor, a btx editor, and something that can repack it. Then the narc location of the ow sprites.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    By "ow sprites" do you mean overworld? If so, I've already finished replacing overworld sprites as mentioned in the first post. I used Overworld Editor DS from HackRomTools for that and after 135 crashes (I counted, yes, I'm not fun at parties) I've been 99% done with it before even writing the first post (the remaining 1% is that even though they're edited, the HM-using sprites are fully vanilla, not even with their palette changed and I don't know why).

What my question was about are the backsprites and the frontsprite.

Back