• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Sprites....

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I think I pretty much like all the improvements.

To start with, imo they should've remade ALL sprites, now that'd be awesome =P
    About the currents ones well, the Eeveelutions, Lucario, Floatzel etc got huge improvements, they just feel right in-game. Overall yea I don't have much to complain.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I actually love the Platinum graphics, they're much better than D/P's graphics, that's for sure.

Plus, the trainer graphics move, and that's a change for the better.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Some of them look better than there D/P state. Yet others look like they went through a car wash and it wasn't set on clean. For instance the snover in D/P looks amazing and the snover in platinum looks hideous. I wouldn't touch it with a 40 ft" pole. And my 40 ft" pole is not from How The Grinch Stole Christmas, in that its 36 and a half foot pole.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Some of them are huge improvements, but some others look like they went unfinished, or something, it's weird. A lot of the colors were made unnecessarily darker, and it seems like the shading was left only half done in some instances. It's weird, but, eh, oh well. A lot of them did get much more dynamic poses, so that's cool. And Dialga and Palkia both look much better, that's for sure.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I agree Dialga & Palkia look better, considering how stiff and boring their old poses were, I sill think that Dialga in Heatrans Platinum pose would pwn

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I think most were changed for the better, but Plat sprites like Budew and Roselia make me want to slap someone. The Eeveelutions all look fantastic; I love Jolteon and Vaporeon's new sprites. But some of them... *shakes head*

But I'm pleased to hear they're finally having the trainer sprites move ^^

Years
  • Personally, I prefer all of the Platinum Sprites that were changed except for Buizel's. Its pose just seems strange to me. :[

However, I agree with the previous sentiment that they should have upgraded all the sprites. That would have been a smarter move. :[

EricaVolt said:
    I know what you feel just by looking at the Rotomized Appliances. Very awful, really. Some are not though. Its still good.
    Aww, you don't like them? I thought they looked quite humorous, especially Water Rotom's. XD;

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Lil_Miss said:
    P-Precious
    O- Outstanding
    K- Kind
    E- Excellently Powerful
    M- Maunually come in handy!
    O- Oustandingly Unique in a good way
    N- Nice to everybody...even when they are mad!

Ohh, I am so putting that in my sig!! :D
    Whenever I think of the Platinum Sprites, I think of Skuntanks for some reason. It just looks........awkward. :\

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
  • The sprites are awesome, especially Gliscor, Garchomp and Jolteon.

The ugliest one is Cranidos...eew.

Years
  • Most of the new sprites were improvement from the old ones. The ones I didn't like were some of the 1st gen Pokemon who appear in the Sinnoh Dex like Golbat, Tentacruel, and Scyther. Take a look at Golbat and Scyther:

Spoiler:

As you can see, GameFreak did not give Golbat and Scyther new sprites. Instead, they "pretend" to give them new sprites by swapping the frames of their old D/P sprites. Scyther's wings may have changed a little from D/P to Platinum but they are basically the same sprites.

Also, another example:

Spoiler:

Tentacruel's frames are swapped AND mirrored from their D/P counterpart. *facepalm*

Meh, there's a few others like that but I'm not going to bother listing all of them.

Other than that, most of the new ones are well done. My favorite one has to be Magmortar's sprite because I like how it has its arm cannon pointing directly at you. Also, its entrance is epic when Flint sends Magmortar out in this video. It's around 2:12.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Off the top of my head, the Lucario and Regigigas ones looked sorta odd to me; I wish they were standing instead of 'kneeling' a bit...that would've been cooler..

Years
  • Everyone has there own opinion of everything i personaly like majority of platinum sprites but some i dislike

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The sprites are all awesome. There are a few pissers but overall, I can't wait for this come out in the USA.

I also have a sprite sheet of them, just in case.

Attachments

• Platinum Sprites....
      pokechaos2nk6.png
      249.3 KB · Views: 31
    Back