• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Sprites....

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    Platinum Sprites....
    vs.
    Platinum Sprites....

I like the new sneasel a lot more. I never liked the dp sneasel, especially the battle animation and that it looks somewhat pale, like a lot of johto pkmn. I wish most of the johto pokemon sprites were remade and that their collor palletes would be darker.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    Platinum Sprites....
    vs.
    Platinum Sprites....

I like the new sneasel a lot more. I never liked the dp sneasel, especially the battle animation and that it looks somewhat pale, like a lot of johto pkmn. I wish most of the johto pokemon sprites were remade and that their collor palletes would be darker.

Whaa...?

*brainlapse* Are you serious? ...But, the flat colors with only one shadow! The decompressed proportions! The BAD pixel-drawing overall! It's just BAD. very bad. Sneasel is a great Pokémon... and it just doesn't do it justice. It has no source of lightning (except if the sun is a grye ball of first grader science). The leg looks like its been broken off (worse than Ponyta's), and aside from the DP version that shows ACTION, this one just shows still life

Pani

H e a r t G o l d ♥
    Years
    Bidoof looks odd.

Some of them are kind of nice or not too bad, but some of them have definitely not been improved. Machop looks really chunky. The new buizel is really cute, though.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wah? New sneasel is surely better. The other one looks like its skipping along its merry way when its supposed to look badd as when the other one looks like its skidding down a roof or something. So yeah its improved. Also my god they made the elekid line wierd. Orange to yellow to pale yellow. Wierd...

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    Wah? New sneasel is surely better. The other one looks like its skipping along its merry way when its supposed to look badd as when the other one looks like its skidding down a roof or something. So yeah its improved. Also my god they made the elekid line wierd. Orange to yellow to pale yellow. Wierd...

I actually think the new Sneasel sprite looks very static, as opposed to the DP sprite that actually shows some action (like Sneasel is lashing forward). Anyone with some sprite-making know how can tell that the new Sneasel sprite is very badly shaded (because appearantly they decided that using ONE shade only was better), very flat colored and very decompressed. Another major issue with it is the outline. It's very thick and never breaks like the DP sprite does (meaning it softens where it's supposed to. The Platinum sprite does not)

But I'm not saying that Sneasel is the worst Platinum sprite, nor am I saying all Platinum sprites suck (just the majority)

Another one that really grinds my gears is... dun dun DUN: Chimecho

This one isn't as bad as Sneael, since it's not as flat. But holy Heisenburg, the static poses never ends. Instead of, like in DP, making it look like it's supposed to look (a Japanese wind chime, blowing in the wind), for some reason they thought it'd be over 9000 times better if they made it look as if it's died and struck rigor mortis

I think that Platinum Sprites are very good. Look at Mismagius and Driftblim's Sprite.
    I hope you do realize that there is no new sprite for Mismagius, they just flipped the image (sort of what they did with Lopbunny by twisting the body around and leaving the head as it was, making it lok just very creepy)

Years
    As a whole they don't look that bad but there are more than a few cringe worthy ones (Skuntank springs immediately to mind). I don't like cranidos and rampardos either. They just look dopey standing straight up. =/

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Platinum Sprites....

I'm sorry, what?
    Exactly.

The only thing that I don't like about the new sprites is that Eevee's and Shinx' heads look a little weirdly shaped or too big and that Glameow looks creepy now. Oh, and Skuntank's pose.. xD
    Love the other sprites. c:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Platinum Sprites....

Gosh, ain't that thang look purdy?

That's the worst. Most of the new sprites are cool. I'm quite pleased with the majority of them, but the other 3% look hideous. I mean, Infernape has like an arm sticking out of its head or something. -shot-

But I like most of them. :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I really dislike a lot of them - what did they do to Budew??!? But I really like the new Riolu and Lucario...they don't look so awkward looking now.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Are you talking about Pokémon Green or Pokémon Platinum here? XD;

But, anyways, the sprites arn't that bad, are they?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Some of them are just rude looking but others such as Garchomp and Roserade are great.

Years
    Many of them are improved, some got worse (Roselia, Porygon2), but most, on the whole, are about the same in terms of quality.

The Cranidos line, Scizor, Vaporeon, Garchomp, the Barboach line, Turtwig (aww, puppy dog eyes <3), and Magnezone are some of the notable improvements.

The snorlax master

Jonny boy
    Years
    Well I think the Platinum sprites look a bit better than the Diamond and Pearl ones. The starters sprites have had a huge improvement. At least for Infernape.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I think they're really nice myself.

Of course, I've liked the sprites for all of the games dating back to R/G

~Mooshykris

Back