• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Team Ideas

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
    I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for my Platinum team. I will be starting with Turtwig, and will be going from there.

What I Want
    Original Pokemon choices - I want to use an "Interesting and Fun team", Because of this, I was thinking of Bibarell as one of my team members.

What I Don't Want
    Overused/Meta Pokemon choices - I dont want too many Pokemon that are used by many on their teams. I will acceppt 1 or 2 Pokemon, but I dont want a team that consists of Starter/Milotic/Garchomp/Lucario/Crobat/Other powerful ROFLstomping Pokemon. I want my team to be unique.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I'd say snag some of those baby pokemon from the Trophy Garden like Bonsly or Mime Jr. Sudowoodo would be fun. Plus he's pure Rock type not Rock/Ground like most so he wouldn't overlap with Torterra. Also, I've never seen anyone actually use Sudowoodo haha

Years
    Ambipom is actually surprisingly good to use if you like "underused" stuff, but make sure you get one with Technician (which evolves from Run Away Aipom).

I was also kinda impressed with Pachirisu if you want an Electric-type, since it's bulkier than most electric rodents and it has gotten some feats of its own, such as being part of a VGC-winning team and also as the star of Marriland's team in his Platinum Nuzlocke.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Any of the Steel types in Gen 4. Steelix is one mon that i always include since i liked the creature ever since it came to be. My current Steel monotype in Platinum has a pretty well built Steelix on the team and its been a good sponge since it joined.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    How about Tangrowth? That Pokemon is interesting and fun, and there aren't a lot of people who use it.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You might wanna try the Lumineon line.
    For Fire-types, there's Houndoom a reliable companion who's also able to help you to ward off the Psychic and Ghosts. (:

Back