• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Team

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    So I want to get some advice on the team I'm planing to use to play through platinum, Because I'm starting Platinum over again and I would like to know if the team I have planned is any good.

I'd also like some suggestions for items, because I don't really know what would be a good item for my pokemons to hold and such.

Empoleon
    Mild
    - Hydro Pump
    - Drill Peck
    - Flash cannon
    - Hail

I'd really like idea's on what I could use instead of hail..

Staraptor
    Adamant
    - Agility
    - Aerial Ace
    - Double team
    - Theif

Don't suggest I use Brave bird or Close combat. I don't like using those moves.

Luxray
    Naughty
    - Thunder fang
    - Crunch
    - Swagger
    - Iron tail

Houndoom
    Modest
    Moves:
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty plot
    - Hidden power

I would like suggestions on what moves I could use instead of hidden power.

Bastiodon
    Impish
    Moves:
    - Iron defense
    - Iron head
    - Toxic
    - Rock slide

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • My comments in BOLD

So I want to get some advice on the team I'm planing to use to play through platinum, Because I'm starting Platinum over again and I would like to know if the team I have planned is any good.

I'd also like some suggestions for items, because I don't really know what would be a good item for my pokemons to hold and such.

Empoleon
    Mild
    - Surf
    - Drill Peck
    - Flash cannon
    - Ice Beam

I'd really like idea's on what I could use instead of hail..

Staraptor
    Adamant
    - Roost
    - Fly
    - Double team
    - Theif

Don't suggest I use Brave bird or Close combat. I don't like using those moves.

Luxray
    Naughty
    - Thunder fang
    - Crunch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Iron tail

Houndoom
    Modest
    Moves:
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty plot
    - Hidden power What's your HP type?

I would like suggestions on what moves I could use instead of hidden power.

Bastiodon
    Impish
    Moves:
    - Earthquake
    - Iron head
    - Toxic
    - Rock slide

Surf is better over Hydro Pump on Empoleon due to the better accuracy and higher PP. Ice Beam over Hail to hit Dragon types.

Fly and Roost are my only decent suggestions on Staraptor. I'd really suggest Brave Bird, as Roost can heal any recoil damage. And Close Combat can cover its Rock weakness. However, if you really don't want to use those, than don't.

The only other thing I can think of for Luxray is Thunderbolt. While it doesn't work as well with Luxray's higher Atk stat, it still packs a bit of power.

And Earthquake on Bastiodon. Earthquake is too good to not include.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • In place of Hidden power on Houndoom I suggest thunderfang. I know Houndoom has Higher attack, but it covers weaknesses and might flinch or Paralyze your foe (30% chance I believe).

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    I don't know what my HP type is and I don't really have anyway to figure out what type it will be either..

I think I will use Roost in my move set for Staraptor. But I think I will stick with Aerial ace over fly, since it does more damage in two turns than Fly can and has more PP.

I don't really want to use thunderbolt on Luxray. Maybe I could use the move Return? Or just stick with swagger.

I like your suggestions otherwise Jab and will definitely be using them over what I had chosen at first.

I might use thunderfang on Houndoom. But I'd rather use a move the uses Houndooms Special attack power though.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I don't know what my HP type is and I don't really have anyway to figure out what type it will be either..
    Just go to the Vielstone Game corner Prize House. There is a guy in there who can tell you the Hidden Power type of your pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    Just go to the Vielstone Game corner Prize House. There is a guy in there who can tell you the Hidden Power type of your pokemon.

Oh Cool! I didn't know you could find out Hidden powers type in the game corner.

In that case my Houndooms HP is steel.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • well, that covers a rock weakness... which isn't all that common. I really reccomend Thunderfang, but if you REALLY don't want to use it that badly...

Back