• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum: Was it worth it?

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    You guys are getting me inspired to go buy an English Platinum.
    I downloaded a Japanese Platinum onto my R4 card, and it didn't cost any money, but I think I'm gonna go buy a legit English Platinum, and an USB Connector.
    All that Japanese is annoying me, I can't read it and I can barely use items.
    But I say Platinum is definitely worth your time and money, thus, I'm gonna go buy it! c:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I liked the game a lot and share no regrets on buying Platinum. I liked the new changes and add ons to the game, I still think that the begining is a little long and drags on for a short time, but I got over that. I recently beat the Elite Four, and I enjoyed all the changes I encountered so far as well :)​

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Heavy Tack-ons my foot! O_o'
    platinum is AMAZING. The graphics are more smooth, crisp,
    cleaner, brighter, the battle scenes are more original and deep,
    the in-battle sprites have varying colours and the attack buttons
    are less glassy and more vivid. That's just graphics-wise.

The story is very much expanded. You get more story on Cyrus
    (I hate the cliffhanger where no one find him at the end, and all that's
    left is that ugly old bat, Charon). More legendaries, easier-to-obtain events,
    upgraded Wi-Fi, better sprites (for the female, at least.)

Also, the game even reaches out to the mysterious depths of Arceus!
    That's pretty amazing, if you ask me. Also, boosted trainer levels and more.
    D/P was amazing when it came out. It's a whole new generation, after all
    (the biggest jump was from GSC to RSE, because of Running Shoes), but
    Platinum just clears the slate and sets a new level for fourth Gen. This generation
    would have been quite forgettable if 5th Gen came out, so I'm satified with Platinum.
    Everything they added was nice. There was no stupid and negative additions.
    The Hypnosis was even reduced to make the play more fair.
    :)

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    Jeez, some people are making it sound like Platinum and Diamond/Pearl are complete failures... Well, I have no regrets in buying either of the games. Platinum is just like Emerald Version, except a new generation, with it's "tacky add-ons"...but no one had a problem with Emerald! It may have been the first 2-D Pokemon (adventure) game that give Pokemon their little animated entries, but Platinum is the first game to have Giratina and Shaymin's new forms. I don't get what's so wrong with it =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    My Diamond got stolen so yes... Yes it was.

price tag for the game still kinda hurts though =(

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I can confidently say that this is the best Pokemon game I've ever played since Crystal. Yes, it is worth it. It's faster, better, has battle videos, the Distortion World, the Battle Frontier, more replay value, and better access to pokemon before the E4. Small insignificant changes like trainer animations just make the game that much more enjoyable.

This game makes D/P almost unplayable for me.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Yep. Here, it's $6 more expensive than D/P but it's really worth it. Battle Frontier keeps you entertain, and the Cafe gives you much challenge than your rival.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    This game was well worth my money IF they do remake gold/silver I hope they put this level of thought into it as well

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Platinum's graphic is WAY better than P/D.
    All the small details are AMAZING.
    I haven't beaten the game yet but I loved it so far. :]
    I went to the mini fair [forgot what it was called] with one of my friend, it was awesome and really cute, lol.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Okay I said yes before but I have some other things to say as well. :) Platinum is a upgraded version of DP and it has better graphics as well. They have made Platinum's surfing faster which is helpful. They have also made a distortion world which has made Platinum even better as well as a wifi plaza. DP's advantages is nothing, due to the fact the graphics are not as good, there is no fast surfing, and there is no wifi plaza. Therefore, Platinum was worth it. :)

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Generation 4 hasn't exactly been the best of generations. However.....Pokemon Platinum may be the best Pokemon game yet (besides Gold) and greatly surpasses the "fun" of Diamond or Pearl. The Battle Frontier, although having 2 less facilites is a bit of a damper, it's still quite fun and a challenge compared to rest of the game. The Distortion World really shows off the 3D capabilites of the DS and Girantina is just plain awesome, stat-wise and sprite wise. Even the smaller add-ins (Such as Amity Square, Victory Road, and of course, the Wi-Fi Plaza!) seem to stick out in a great game like this.

>>>>>>>>
    All in all, I don't think that you could ever regret buying this game. In other words: Diamond&Pearl<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Platinum

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Sha! it was worth it. Best Pokemon game I have ever played and so much to do. Im never gonna sell it.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It was a great game, I like the distortion world. But I don't like the radar at the underground, because (just a feeling) it's slower than D/P.
    Yeah, I get that feeling too. For me, it sometimes takes two/three taps to get the radar working. Gets a bit annoying. :(

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Yes totally worth it. Its like Diamond and Pearl with a boost or as Trainers say, Maxed stats or EV Trained. :)

hcoteen2008

Ball State Cardinal
    Years
    I am very glad I got the game! I haven't played since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald days. I am glad I got it! I even bought a DSi just for it!!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    I never played D/P so I wouldn't know but I love Platinum <3.

I expected a while lot less. I feel like I can really interact. with the pokemon.

Back