• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen platinum - worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • i have diamond (my lil bro has pearl) i have soul silver n also white
    i do not have platinum
    question ----> is platinum worth me buying or is it just like d&p ??
    what are pros to the game n what are cons?

i also have 2 mystery dungeons n my lil bro has poke ranger sumwhere but thats not really important LOL

Cilan

- all yours -
    Years
  • I would say it is worth it, but that may be purely personal preference. I have both Platinum and Pearl and have played them both two or three times. Pearl bored me to tears while Platinum I enjoyed (though not immensely).

It's very similar to DP, but what third installment in a generation isn't similar to its predecessors? The differences make it much more enjoyable and engaging. Distortion World was cool as well tbh.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Basically Platinum has some issues fixed (surf speed, etc), extended storyline (similar to DP's but with more added e.g. Distortion World) and the Battle Frontier (same has HGSS's if you have those games mind) plus a couple more side-quests (e.g. Kanto legendary birds). Up to you really as people will advise different things, but if you have DP and not HGSS I'd advise getting HG or SS instead personally.

Anyways going to close - if you have any other questions please ask them in the Help thread sticky at the top of the section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back