• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum's Appearance

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    With Platinum being here and those of you who had Diamond and/or Pearl in the past, I'm sure some of you may have forgotten about the two with Platinum's appearance. So my question is, do you still play Pokémon Diamond and/or Pearl while still having Platinum?

As for my own self, I have caught myself playing Pokémon Pearl more often than I do play Platinum. I guess it's because I've beaten the Elite Four in Pearl and I really just want to get Platinum over with so I can get to the Battle Frontier. Moreover, I'm more in a rush to experience the game after the Elite in Platinum, but I've been a little lazy to play it and with that being said, I have been playing more of Pokémon Pearl.

Years
  • I've bought a copy of Platinum and it's still in its box. I want to wait till I've finished Diamond so I can take things one at a time.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I completed the Pokedex in Pearl before Platinum came out so I have no need to play Pearl anymore. I'm gonna try and complete the Platinum dex before I get Heartgold.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I did play Pearl at the same time as Platinum when it first came out. I was still doing the Platinum storyline, and Pearl was my breeding game. Unfortunately, I lost my Pearl game during the summer, so I do not play it anymore.

xX

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • If only I would have waited a bit longer until Platinum was released, I would have purchased only it. But I have only Diamond. Didn't bother to buy Platinum later on. I prefer to have only one game out of each generation, even if there is an improved version of it (because of money saving reasons >_>).

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • xDDD bahaha no! I completely frogot i had diamond until your brought it up. Ive been kinda hooked on platinum.

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • I've played Pearl all the time before Platinum came out but now Platinum is the one I play all the time. But I use Pearl for different challenges like Solo runs and Monotype challenges. Having two game helped a lot because I would constantly be erasing my file and started over again due to boredom and that got in the way of competitive play a lot so while I use Platinum for online play and things, Pearl is just for random gimmicky playthroughs

Ayselipera

Diamond has become my mass storage. I store EVERYTHING from my other games in there. As for Pearl I've actually been playing it everyday this week. :O

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • I don't really play Diamond anymore, since Platinum's more of a completed version of it. I just transferred my most prized Pokemon over and started fresh. I do that every time I get a newer generation game. It's more interesting that way.

Years
  • I don't play them unless I need something from them (items, pokemon, trade-induced evolutions, TMs, ect.) They're far from worthless, I just don't play them "for the fun of it" anymore. Cuz' yeah, as the above poster stated, Platinum is a more "complete" version of the other two.

They also come in handy when a Pokemon event comes around that is for all three games. 3 games = 3 event pokemon = awesome

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I'm playing Diamond at the moment, because I haven't gotten all the legendaries in it yet. Once I do get them (with good natures :P), I'll probably trade over all worthwhile Pokemon and items to Platinum and start Diamond again.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • If only I would have waited a bit longer until Platinum was released, I would have purchased only it. But I have only Diamond. Didn't bother to buy Platinum later on. I prefer to have only one game out of each generation, even if there is an improved version of it (because of money saving reasons >_>).

No need to write my answer, because it's identical to this. =)

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
  • I can't play older games of the same generation. As long as I have Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum, I wont touch R/B, G/S, R/S or D/P ever again. Although when it comes to remakes like FireRed/LeafGreen or HeartGold/SoulSilver, I play both of them.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • sadly, no.
    i completely forgot about diamond, that's the one i have xD
    i transferred all of my good pokemon from diamond to platinum.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Lately I've been Platinum alot more than Diamond and Pearl but usually my gaming is split evenly between the 3 of them :]

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I don't really play them actively - Platinum is my new game that I'm enjoying a lot more. I use Diamond for breeding and cloning, as well as to get some of the events I'm missing on Platinum.

Back