• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play any instrument?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    hey guys! so uh... im bored xD I was wondering, do you play any instrument?

I play the guitar (antigua casa nuñez is the nylon acoustic (really good guitars, very well valued) and Squier bullet strat my eletric =D) the first one was my dads and te second was my dads cousin but he bought it in like 2005 and didnt use it much since then xD and a friend is teaching me a little of bass, but the basics are pretty much like guitar since it has the same estructure =D

Years
    I play the guitar/bass guitar, drums, piano/keyboards/synth and vocals, though I'd like to learn the harmonica, saxophone and the double bass or cello. I'd like to be able to play the Chapman Stick but I don't think I'd be skilled enough to.

For guitars, I've currently got an old acoustic guitar that I inherited from my uncle when he died, an electric guitar (Squire) I got four years ago for my birthday, a twelve-string acoustic I bought second-hand off eBay three years ago and an Epiphone Jet King I saved up and bought myself earlier this year. I hardly play the twelve string as it isn't in good condition, but my dad won't let me sell it (he was the one that bought it without telling me and then got me to pay for it). So the twelve string doesn't really count. So yeah, three guitars, all of which have served me well.

The family has an upright piano which does the job pretty well. When I move out I won't have one though, so I'll probably try and save up for a keyboard or something when I move out. I don't have a synth either, which I might look at getting in the future.

I used to have a thirty year old drum kit inherited from another uncle when he died, however we've passed that on to a cousin and I bought a drum kit in relatively good condition off my little brother's friend and it plays fine (except for the hi-hat, I need to get them replaced but can't afford the three/four hundred dollars to pay for them).

My dad has a bass which he bought but never plays, so I use that when doing home recordings. It's basically the same as guitar except without the top two strings and lower down so it's easy to pick up. I can't slappa da bass yet though.

And vocals. Not really an instrument, but in bad condition, might have to invest in singing lessons for the first time in my life, my vocal chords aren't what they used to be.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    I used to play the clarenet a little,and my moms boyfriend (nicest guy I know!)Is going to buy me a guitar and teach me how to play

I also sorta thot my self a little hermonica

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    I used to play the guitar like 6 years ago. I'm thinking of re-taking lessons. And I know piano.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I can play electric guitar really well, also acoustic. But it's been awhile and I had to sell my instruments awhile back. :(

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Yes, I do play an instrument, the Piano. I've been taking lessons for six years now.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I have to play Keyboard in Music at school, but I struggle....alot.
    I would like to play the guitar or someother instrument, or even get better at keyboard

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I play the guitar and piano/keyboard. I'm not an amusing person :x

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Yeh.
    I play guitar.
    I have 4 guitars right now (3 electric, 1 acoustic) but i'm saving up for another electric (David Gilmour Black Strat copy) and an acoustic-electric.

I'd really like to learn to play the sitar.
    I was thinking of buying one and teaching myself/using online videos and stuff.

Edit: If I could go back in time i'd try to learn the Sax, too. I believe i'm too old to try and learn with no previous experience in those kind of instruments. Except the recorder in 4th grade D:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Bassoon is my main instrument. It was meant to be. xD But I only started playing it around four years ago.

Before that I started clarinet five and a half years ago, but never really got into it. Started trumpet ten years ago in middle school. It's what I played throughout my middle school through high school years. Realized in early high school that it really wasn't my thing because I wasn't as band geeky as everybody else... Something was wrong. lol

Now that I play the bassoon I am a real band geek. lol. I also feel that I should play the tenor saxophone to march. I've played the alto before (shortly after the clarinet) and loved it, so what would be perfect to me is - Main instrument: Bassoon, Secondary instrument: Tenor Saxophone. But since I'm still relatively new to bassoon and majoring in music I need to become better at it first...

phoenix7890

Cereal Killer
    Years
    Those aren't lame at all.

I'm really not the biggest fan of the French Horn, but seriously, those instruments are not lame.

well, the dang thing is bulkier than crap.. and its not the bestthing to hold in -20 degree weather marching... yeah i know 'body heat' pfftt...nonsense xD
    but the piano is Awesome, i have a big grand one in my room, then again, my room is the loft.. so its going to be big..

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    well, the dang thing is bulkier than crap.. and its not the bestthing to hold in -20 degree weather marching... yeah i know 'body heat' pfftt...nonsense xD

They make you march with them? o_O

At my high school French horn players marched with mellophones.

In my junior year we had a part with french horns, well okay in my senior year we did as well, but in my junior year it was more prominent, while in my senior year it was a duet. Anyway, they still marched mellophones throughout the show, they only had them for that short time, and only had to march a small distance.

I've never played a french horn before, but I could imagine those would be horrible to march.

phoenix7890

Cereal Killer
    Years
    They make you march with them? o_O

At my high school French horn players marched with mellophones.

In my junior year we had a part with french horns, well okay in my senior year we did as well, but in my junior year it was more prominent, while in my senior year it was a duet. Anyway, they still marched mellophones throughout the show, they only had them for that short time, and only had to march a small distance.

I've never played a french horn before, but I could imagine those would be horrible to march.

Lol, my school is too poor to get mellophones!! xD they even had to cut the cost of paper, so we ran out of paper the 3rd to last week of school! WTF IS UP WITH MY SCHOOL?!?

Back