• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
Years
  • Actually, It's not a lot to download at all, and it's not really hard to find. I'm a master at finding stuff though, cause you have to know the right keywords to use.

And yah, I agree that future fan-hacking is something I'm looking forward to. By the time I finish Liquid, I'll be able to start a diamond hack. And What I love is I can program for the DS in C++.

Anyways...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • PokeCreator_09, it would be great if you would not give any hints about how to obtain illegal material, thanks.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 4, 2007
    I am having problems... the emulator that I downloaded doesn't work and I can't get pokemon pearl to load. I was wondering if someone could help me?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Just follow the guide on the first post and you should be fine.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • PokeCreator_09, it would be great if you would not give any hints about how to obtain illegal material, thanks.

I didn't really give a hint on finding the stuff, I just said to google it, if they didn't know it by now, they won't be able to find the files in the first place. Besides, its not illegal for me cause I own a ds, so I could just download the bios and the firmware very simply from the ds, and I plan on buying Diamond or Pearl when they come out. I just think it's cool that DS emulations finally getting somewhere.

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    I did and it didn't work at all...

This only works for diamond at least for me anyway.Me and some of my friends got it to work fast but since some parts of it are ileagal I can't post it.Is there some way you can dowload all of the DS data and turn it into a emulator?Then it would run perfectly.

I tried this, not with the right bios and other firmware (do we need that to play it on the computer?) and followed the steps. It worked up to the title screen and then I couldn't play it due to the controls wouldn't work. I pressed Enter to get to the title screen, then it would work again. Any help is appreciated.

Years
  • I used Pearl and it ran just fine.

Prophet, there could be two problems.

1. Check the controls in the options. You may not have set them correctly.
    2. The emulation is really slow at the title screen. Hit enter and wait.

Thanks, Ive done the controls option, but the other one doesn't seem likely because I I wait like 10 mins at the max. At the start screen, I press enter, but after a while it comes up with the "Press start to continue"
    Can anybody please help me fix it, also thanks YourNobody.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    This only works for diamond at least for me anyway.Me and some of my friends got it to work fast but since some parts of it are ileagal I can't post it.Is there some way you can dowload all of the DS data and turn it into a emulator?Then it would run perfectly.

Don't worry, it works with Pearl too. My friend played Pearl this exact way, and I played Diamond. Both worked.

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I've downloaded all the things needed, but it won't let me use the touch screen. I click on it, and nothing happens. Any help?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Ahhh man -_-, its in Japanese, I was hop'n it was in English... I'll just wait for it to be realesed in North America......dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.-_-

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Traces3Roms said:
    Wow!
    Thinking that D/P is emulated..and maybe if No$Gba makes the NDS feature faster, we could start rom hacking this.

But also, if we do start rom hacking, people will make rare pokemon avaliable in maps or whatever, and some may use WiFi to give the Pokemon to there DS then trade them. That's the only downside I see. But I could be wrong.

None the less, a great day in the world of Emulation! :)

:cool: I have already started hacking parts of it:
    Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Just editted the start though.

So Enjoy! xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2020
    This is great! Thank you! :)

I have one question though. How does the touch screen work? I assume with the mouse, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. Is there something special I have to do?

EDIT: I actually figured it out. I had to rename DS_FIRMWARE to Firmware, without the .bin. Again, thanks for this! I've been looking for a very long time! :D

Last edited:

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
  • No the touch screen with activate when it is necessary to be used. Otherwise it will not be on, read other posts before asking questions please, it really saves time. And i would also like to know how wifi works in this. Will it only work via supercard?

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2020
    No the touch screen with activate when it is necessary to be used. Otherwise it will not be on, read other posts before asking questions please, it really saves time. And i would also like to know how wifi works in this. Will it only work via supercard?

I read through all of the posts. I know the touch screen will activate when the Pokeball comes up, and I know I'm supposed to click on the center of it. The touch screen was not working when it was supposed too, but it did when I re-named the firmware file without the .bin at the end, although the instructions say to include it. Now it works. Just wanted to post this in case someone else had this problem; seems like I'm the only one though :P

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • If you're having problems with the touch screen, its a problem with the firmware. I didn't have to rename mine, but the firmware is where the touch screen ability is at.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back