• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I read through all of the posts. I know the touch screen will activate when the Pokeball comes up, and I know I'm supposed to click on the center of it. The touch screen was not working when it was supposed too, but it did when I re-named the firmware file without the .bin at the end, although the instructions say to include it. Now it works. Just wanted to post this in case someone else had this problem; seems like I'm the only one though :P
    Nice, I had the same problem, but now it works.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2008
    I cant figure out how to use this... i did all in the first post and this is what i get:
    One box with a bunch of japanese stuff in it on the top, and nothing but blue on the bottom... I cant post urls yet so im sorry for the lack of pics...

PS thx in advance! though i will be posting that again once its answered...

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2008
    I did run that.... oddly named program... and i pressed one and it said rom successfully patched... then i started it and got that error...lmao

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2007
    So......can you explain to me what it means to "Press the star tat gamefreak screen"?????

Oh...can when I played Pearl, when it got to the starting screen....I pressed every button and nothing happened. It didn't begin the game or anything, it just stayed the same with the pokemon title screen......it says push start button. I'm pressing enter..but nothign is happening...help please....=(

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I did run that.... oddly named program... and i pressed one and it said rom successfully patched... then i started it and got that error...lmao
    You probably got a bad ROM. Try redownloading it from a different source.

So......can you explain to me what it means to "Press the star tat gamefreak screen"?????

Oh...can when I played Pearl, when it got to the starting screen....I pressed every button and nothing happened. It didn't begin the game or anything, it just stayed the same with the pokemon title screen......it says push start button. I'm pressing enter..but nothign is happening...help please....=(

The game takes a while to load at that point. After you pressed start (check your key config), wait around 1-2 minutes, and it should continue. If you want, you can continue pressing start or A a few times in that time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    I cant figure out how to use this... i did all in the first post and this is what i get:
    One box with a bunch of japanese stuff in it on the top, and nothing but blue on the bottom... I cant post urls yet so im sorry for the lack of pics...

PS thx in advance! though i will be posting that again once its answered...

go to options- emulation set up- nds cartridge back up media and click on any one of those

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2008

Wow, il just wait for the english version to come around... it should be here in a few weeks so then someone will probably do whatever it is you do to make it into a rom and then il just get that...lol thx anyways!

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2007

The game takes a while to load at that point. After you pressed start (check your key config), wait around 1-2 minutes, and it should continue. If you want, you can continue pressing start or A a few times in that time.

I see....thx. Well I was able to press the start button...but does it also take forever for the guy to keep talking at the start? Right after the title screen was gone, there were some japanese words...and it took like forever for it to recognize the a button....

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    thanks but it is very slow it took me 30 mins before i could leave the house
    is there any settings to improve the speed of text and walking? thanks

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • thanks but it is very slow it took me 30 mins before i could leave the house
    is there any settings to improve the speed of text and walking? thanks

Is that 30mins normal time? Or DS time? Because mine didnt go that slow in the house.
    There are a few settings suggested by Marz on the first page that helps speed things up a bit more, but the emulator is not advanced enough to support D/P at a reasonable speed.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    Is that 30mins normal time? Or DS time? Because mine didnt go that slow in the house.
    There are a few settings suggested by Marz on the first page that helps speed things up a bit more, but the emulator is not advanced enough to support D/P at a reasonable speed.

normal time but i got it a bit faster now my computer was very slow altogether last night could be a reason
    does anybody know of any other emulators that work?

Years
  • Nope. NO$GBA is a miracle. Most NDS emulators are lucky to even play demos right now. Progress has been extremely slow. I was giving up hope on NDS emulation because there has been surprisingly little to no interest in it

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    All I see is the white/(kind of very light blue) color in both screens, though there's nothing else there, should I wait there?

or, if I don't make it 512KB or whatever it is, there's three lines of Japanese text in a box, in the upper screen, and when that thing is there, no button works.

Is there any problem with my ROM, or what?

NVM It's perfectly working 90% speed ftw!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2007
    I manage to open the pokemon pearl, but it say that i dont have Biosnds 7.rom and Biosnds 9.rom. What does it means?

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Some guy on a forum said it took so long to move... hope 2 months isn't a burden for us brits.

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    Actually, that's really slow. REALLY slow. Mine is usually around 600%.

o.o

And again, the ROM isn't working, it says I don't have the Bos7 file while it is there =/

If someone isn't lazy, can they PM me how to make it work? I mean, a very simple explanation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back