• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Freeing RAM and CPU is not really going to help. NO$GBA never uses any more than 90MB of RAM when playing DP, and maybe another 80MB of swap.

On top of that the fastest I can get it to go (no sound, monochrome, everything unneeded disabled) is 90% when in a 3D part, otherwise it can go about 900%. My computer is reasonable fast (3.2Ghz) and when NO$GBA is running only about 60% of my CPU cycles are being used.

What this means is that no matter how hard you try, its not going to run full speed. To put it simply the emulator is still not optimised enough to do it no matter how fast your computer is, as its not using 100% CPU anyway. Until a newer version don't expect to get it running full speed.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • TSPhoenix Ya I kinda figured that out eventually :D Well I'd rather wait than play it this slow..

*******waiting... :D:P hehe

Years
  • Okay, when playing the game, the game stops and freezes when I'm trying to access my computer and store Pokemon. The second I click store and the boxes appear, it freezes. What to do? I'm playing Pearl.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • Okay, when playing the game, the game stops and freezes when I'm trying to access my computer and store Pokemon. The second I click store and the boxes appear, it freezes. What to do? I'm playing Pearl.

Go move into another box. Get the pokemon you want from the box that makes your freeze to an empty box. Besure you MOVE not withdraw or deposit.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    When I load it, it always says:

The data could not be read
    Please turn off the power, then remove and reinsert the DS Game Card.

:/

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • When I load it, it always says:

The data could not be read
    Please turn off the power, then remove and reinsert the DS Game Card.

:/

You need to change the emulator settings

Go to emulation-----> Emulation settings

I'll give you the settings i made for the emulator.

Emulation Speed-----> 16.78MHz Realtime, Auto

Reset/Startup Entry point--------> Start Cartridge Directly

Video Output--------> 24bit True Color

GBA mode-----> VGA (poppy bright)

GBA Cartridge backup media-------> Auto

NDS Cartridge backup media---------> FLASH 512KBytes(Do this or the game wont save)

Solar sensor level------> Bright Sunlight.

Sound Output level------> Digital Mono(fast)

sound Desired Sample rate-------> High (44kHz)(Best)

multiboot port----> None/disabled

Multiboot Normal/Burst Delays------> Medium/Medium(stable)

Number of Emulated Gameboys.------> 1

Link Gamepaks------> Gamepacks in all GBAs

Link cable type-------> automatic

Those are the settings I made with my emulator. I reccomend you change these settings and KEEP IT THAT WAY. If you play around with the emulation settings too much you'll mess up the game. And rollback your save data.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
  • Hey guys, I have those exact settings, no$gba 2.4f and it already generated no$gba config, no$gba.INP, a slot folder, and a battery folder. There is a pkm2.SAV (the name of y rom) in the battery folder. but when I load it it just goes black after I hit continue. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

EDIT: I just patched it with all pokemon catchable ad got really far. I'm scared this will happen again. It is patched, but I'm still not sure what to do.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I have another 2 questions. How do you make it go faster? It's super slow when you go outside. And how do you save?

Last edited:

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • Thank you very much, it works ^^

Glad to help ^_^

Hey guys, I have those exact settings, no$gba 2.4f and it already generated no$gba config, no$gba.INP, a slot folder, and a battery folder. There is a pkm2.SAV (the name of y rom) in the battery folder. but when I load it it just goes black after I hit continue. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

EDIT: I just patched it with all pokemon catchable ad got really far. I'm scared this will happen again. It is patched, but I'm still not sure what to do.

If your concerned about the save Data. Don't play around with the emulations settings. If you do your save data will get roll backed. meaning you claimed to have beaten roark then saved, but when you load your save file you end up where you last saved, like before you got your starter. before saving with roark even if you saved after that. It's less likely to crash.

I have another 2 questions. How do you make it go faster? It's super slow when you go outside. And how do you save?

Simple, Do either realtime. or unlimited 10% on your emulations speed. If that still doesnt work the problem is the programs running on your computer. Close all the programs, internet explorer usually. takes up the most memory. If you think you have no programs running and you're still lagging. Go to windows task mamager. (press ctrl+alt+delete) or right click your task bar, and select task manager. Click on the Process Tab. Scroll to the right and click, memory usage column twice, so the program using the most memory is on top. Go to the bottom of the task manager and see your CPU Usage. If it's high than 75% (75% usually goes to 100)you need to close some programs. Find the program with the most memory usage(That does NOT Have the name SYSTEM.) Right click that program, and click End Process tree. You will see a Warning Dialog Box. Click Yes.

OR

Find NO$GBA.EXE right click it. Find Priority, and set it to High. (And I mean HISH, nothing higher than that.)

to make it go faster change it to %10 in emulator speed. It'll go lke in the 80's outsid and %130 inside

From time to time it will still lag. but usually it's

If you have any memory hogging programs on the task manager, process tab that says SYSTEM. I wouldnt reccomend Closing it. but try it anyway, if your really too freaked out to do it, give me the name of the program thats using too much memory. then I will tell you whether or not to close it.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
  • I saved twice, and it still won't work when I reopen the emulator, even though it generated a sav file, it just sits on the black screen

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • I saved twice, and it still won't work when I reopen the emulator, even though it generated a sav file, it just sits on the black screen

LOL, Funny. I had that problem last night. It's very simple to fix it. If you had No$GBA 2.4f, this shouldnt be much of a problem to fix. All you need to do is encrypt the rom. Not patch it, you need to encrypt it.

I'm probsbly not allowed to link you directly, but I suggest you google. And Look up EnDryptS. . thw website should be green. Scroll down to look for the program. Download the zip file, and unzip the compressed file. Then unzip the compressed file in the folder you unzipped. Then Extract the EnDryptS zip sile to the same folder the rom is located. Execute the program, then it will automatically search for a rom in it's folder. Then you will have the option of encrypting it. Encrypt the rom. Open the emulator up again and SET IT TO REALTIME EMULATION SPEED. If you don't you'll just see a black screen.

If you have a compressed version of the rom, I suggest you extract the rom somewhere and encrypt that rom, Another copy of the rom won't really affect the save file, as long as the save file and the rom names are the same.

Oh you also need. If you have just downloaded the emulator.

ndsbios7/ndsbios9 firmware.bin(Don't move it or copy/paste it it won;t work. Just as soon as you open the rom look for an extension eith the name NO$GBA.(I forgot the extension name. and rename it to firmware.bin.)

I 4got to mention that your NDS memory settings are 512KB. nothing else

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    it happened to me when i updated the no$ to a new version after saving with an old one. if u did, your previous save file won't work on a different emulator. know this.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
  • iDeaS

Guys,

Why don't you use iDeaS?
    It's fast, it saves(w/ wifi 1.0.0.1 plugun),and you don't need a firmware or BIOS i havn't had any problems with it!

Try it but wikipedia search it(google dosn't have it):shocked:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back