• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Play, Power, Pass! Generation II.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Wish I could, but I've got a paper coming up on Monday. XD

Buuuut if no one takes it by tomorrow night, I might squeeze in an hour of gameplay while holding down the speed button.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I agree. It's the best way to play Gameboy ROMs, and I kinda wish the other emulators I use have a speed button (especially the SNES one because SNES games tend to have long and really lame cutscenes).

Also, holy crap, I just realized that Pryce to Clair has my favorite part of the game ever. (Yay Team Rocket takeover!) So, yeah, I'll take super vulpix's Johto spot if no one wants it. I don't think I'll take her Kanto spot, though, because I've already played pretty much half the game for you guys. XD

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    You'll take her Kanto and you will like it!

So, that leaves an empty spot for anyone but me and Jax, and Nick becuase he's lazier than the two of us combined.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Done!

Apparently, I'd also forgotten that the venture from Pryce to Clair also included the fact that:

1. Ice Path sucks and is full of Golbat with a penchant for using Confuse Ray.
    2. Clair is a jerk.

Nonetheless, I managed to finish up, just as Elm called me to go to his lab. Left Suicune untouched as well in case anyone wanted target practice (considering we can't use legendaries anyway), and there may be some trainers unchallenged south of Blackthorn. I never liked that you had to Fly back to town just to fully explore that route.

Team
    Play, Power, Pass! Generation II.

Box
    No changes except...

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I CBA check the list... who's next?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Make sure it's a big update, since it is officially the start of Kanto. I mean, looking back at the last PPP and seeing it's ultimate fail... It's just something to celebrate.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I'll do it tomorrow.

I love the bit after Tohjo falls... except victory road.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    lolololo, sorry. I played the other day. I got annoyed. I frgot to take a waterfall Pokémon, so I spent ages catching a Tentacruel, then I had no Flying Pokémon (or Fly itself, why didn't someone get it?). So after walking to Cherrygrove and learned that Tentacruel can't learn it, I got p'ed off and closed it. ¬.¬

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    lolololo, sorry. I played the other day. I got annoyed. I frgot to take a waterfall Pokémon, so I spent ages catching a Tentacruel, then I had no Flying Pokémon (or Fly itself, why didn't someone get it?). So after walking to Cherrygrove and learned that Tentacruel can't learn it, I got p'ed off and closed it. ¬.¬

Maybe replace Poliwhirl's Whirlpool with Waterfall? I'm pretty sure you won't use Whirlpool in Kanto, and I only put that move on there to be replaced later via the Move Deleter in Blackthorn and a better TM.

And yeah, I wished someone could've picked up Fly to make it easier to train for Clair. x_x But, uh, I forgot where Fly was and didn't feel like looking it up. XD

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Wait, he knows Whirlpool? Pfft, I'll get rid of that. But getting to Blackthron will be a bit hard... Without fly. *evil glare*

*Checks Bulbapedia for Fly location.*

>O >O >O IT'S IN CIANWOOD! I may have to cheat, it's just not fair. ;_;

Edit: *explodes* JAX, t'was YOU!!!

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Actually it was me. You can't get fly until after you beat chuck, and she was forced to save. I just skipped over all that, lolololol.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    So, due to Nick's incompetence and my laziness, here it [finally] is!

Victory Road was too easy, I mean, I remembered it being harder than in RBY, but there wasn't even any puzzles, I'm sure the original Mt Moon was longer than this, that's the one thing which makes Generation II bad, it's too easy. The rest of it makes it my favorite generation ever.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    So, I've been livng my life and not having enough time to do this. I'll get around to it tomorrow, hopefully.

Back