• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Nicknames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
  • Ever since the first Pokemon games, we have been able to enter our own names. However, for the first time, now that X and Y is released, we have nicknames, too. Is anyone else interested in seeing what these might be used for? Did you pick the default nicknames? If not, what did you put as your nickname?

I'm interested in seeing whether they will address me by Sparkleswag or Nicholas. I think it'd be interesting if they used my nickname in some situations. lol

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I picked the J-Meister. It sounds cool haha. They use it quite a bit, which is funny, but they also refer to you as your name sometimes as well. I think it's a really nifty new feature!

Years
  • I have to admit this is a fun feature, although I haven't seen many screenshots of the preset nicknames for female players since most screenies I saw with this had the male character as the player.

I love how you can choose a nickname yourself as well, it's a great feature I gotta say since it adds more personality.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Can I change my nickname later? I want to go with Bronyta for now, but I'm not sure.

Bowen

EITHER WAY - Don't be like me!
    Years
  • My name's Bowen, for a friend who died--I even took on his nickname, too, as if he's the one playing the game. Shimapun. XD

Last edited:

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Nakama as player name and Naka as nick name. Pretty weird eh that nick name stuff, but alright.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't really understand what the Nickname is for but my trainer name is Erica and I picked Cherrica as my nickname because "Cherrim" would've been weird (and that's my nickname everywhere else). I still can't decide if it's an adorable name or a really stupid one. Maybe both?

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I used Miakalina as my trainer name since it actually fits now.
    Just went with Mia for my nickname.

Years
  • I ended up using my real name for my nickname, which in hindsight seems kind of dumb. On an unrelated note; if I decided to erase my file and start over after getting the special Torchic can I still get it?

Edit: Nevermind, found out I can

Last edited:
    Years
  • I put 'Jessica' for my name and put 'Lady J <insert star thingie here>'. I think it's kinda neat, but nicknaming someone you just met...is weird.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I put down Lundina (Played around with my last name) and my nickname is Luna.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back