• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Search System & Backwards Compatibility?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Uh, you people do realize that Mega Latias, and Mega Latios, which are going to officially be revealed and released in ORAS are already in X and Y right? If the other megas (ie Swampert, Sableye, Sceptile, etc.) are not deep within the coding somewhere, then Gamefreak will just release a patch for X and Y making them available. We don't live in the 90's anymore. Games like these are not impossible to patch/update. In fact, it's just the opposite.

In the end I think it's more about if GF has the desire to update XY with them rather than anything else.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
    In the end I think it's more about if GF has the desire to update XY with them rather than anything else.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I really do hope they get the desire to do so because, while I am happy that we are getting remakes of ruby and sapphire, I feel like that was just lazy move on GF's part because they don't actually want to update X and Y. Everything that they are introducing in ORAS could have been implemented through patches and updates to X and Y. Except for the whole ORAS story, mind you.

Years
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I really do hope they get the desire to do so because, while I am happy that we are getting remakes of ruby and sapphire, I feel like that was just lazy move on GF's part because they don't actually want to update X and Y. Everything that they are introducing in ORAS could have been implemented through patches and updates to X and Y. Except for the whole ORAS story, mind you.

Speaking of updates for XY I hope that GF won't consider them "DLC" as they said they wouldn't do it, or that they break their word on that. There's a member on here who uses that as an argument for why they won't patch it.
    Also perhaps GF will hold off on updating it on day one of ORAS release for some time down the road in order to get people to buy ORAS instead of trade to get the new stones and Primals. Okay now Primals are very interesting as they didn't exist in XY, but from what we've seen they seem to work similar to Megas so I don't see any issue there.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
    Speaking of updates for XY I hope that GF won't consider them "DLC" as they said they wouldn't do it, or that they break their word on that. There's a member on here who uses that as an argument for why they won't patch it.
    Also perhaps GF will hold off on updating it on day one of ORAS release for some time down the road in order to get people to buy ORAS instead of trade to get the new stones and Primals. Okay now Primals are very interesting as they didn't exist in XY, but from what we've seen they seem to work similar to Megas so I don't see any issue there.

I really do hope that GF doesn't go and make any X/Y updates/patches into paid DLC. I personally don't think they will though. That would be a d*ck move. I think primals will work exactly the same as megas. I mean, in essence, they are the same thing from what we've seen and been told. Groudon changes types, just like megas can. He get's a base stat increase, just like megas do. Etc, etc. They just won't do megas for legendaries like Dialga, Groudon, Rayquaza and others. They will probably just make primal formes for them.

Years
    I really do hope that GF doesn't go and make any X/Y updates/patches into paid DLC. I personally don't think they will though. That would be a d*ck move. I think primals will work exactly the same as megas. I mean, in essence, they are the same thing from what we've seen and been told. Groudon changes types, just like megas can. He get's a base stat increase, just like megas do. Etc, etc. They just won't do megas for legendaries like Dialga, Groudon, Rayquaza and others. They will probably just make primal formes for them.

I don't think they'll do that...and if they do that would be bad (for us).

Back