• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Player's overworld overlaps other NPCs

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
  • Hello There

I have a strange glitch in my game.

It looks something like this.(the attached image)

notice how the player's hat is overlapping the mom's head? Yeah, that's my problem. How would I fix this?

Thanks

Pokégod7020

Years
  • Not a glitch, its because of the kind of OW you are using

To explain this further, RMXP's tile system is based on tilesets with 64x64 tiles. Your individual OW (Over World) sprites are obviously bigger than 64x64, and thus will stick out past the tiles they are in. And as such, you will have overlapping issues.

Allgamesdude

Years
  • Any possible way to fix this? A script to add, or if someone could help resize my overworlds to match the correct size for RMXP?

Thanks

pokegod

TheWanap

Developing: Pokemon: Cursed Time
    Years
  • You can resize them yourself in paint. Should be 256x256 for charsets

Yeah, but in case Pokegod didn't understand that, I made a grid of how the BW characters should be placed to work fine (add the missing frames):

Player's overworld overlaps other NPCs

Last edited:

Allgamesdude

Years
  • Thanks! Using your image, I was able to fix it, and it works perfectly! The only downside I had to your help was that I had to erase the images of Hilbert on the grid. Would you mind posting one without the character on the grid? Like just a plain one?

Thanks

PokeGod

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Can you really not draw something like that yourself?

Back