• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing hacks on a mac?

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    What program do you use to play hacks? Is it a only windows version? is there a mac version?

Or can i just use a emulator such as VBA? (i think thats it)

DMNT

Prismatic.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    If you're talking about playing ROM hacks, then you can use a Gameboy Advance emulator. The two best choices for Mac GBA emulators are:

Playing hacks on a mac?

VisualBoyAdvance v1.7
    PowerPC only
    Mac OS X 10.2 or higher

Playing hacks on a mac?

Boycott Advance v0.3.9
    Universal (PowerPC and Intel compatible)
    Mac OS X 10.4 or higher

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Someone said Mac is even compatible with PC programs, I don't know is it true

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Some Macs are compatible with Windows applications, but only with certain hardware or software. I'm no Mac expert, but I know that Intel Macs can have Boot Camp that allows you to install Windows XP or Vista on your Mac. Then there's a program called CrossOver which does the same thing except it doesn't require a Windows installation (as far as I know).

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Well, ive had a macbook since last christmas, and i know its pretty up to date.

But on VBA, a the roms are .gba and im not sure if they'll open ( .ips i think i saw one?)

I think your thinking of universal programs

Someone said Mac is even compatible with PC programs, I don't know is it true

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    I think that Windows is more compatible with things, and I'd think that playing hacks on a mac... :\
    well I think there is a mac version of VBA. You can download it on the VBA website. ;)
    As for NDS roms, I don't know if there is a mac version of No$gba. But you can get the 2.6 version of No$gba...
    but I really don't know if they're still updating the No$gba site.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    make a folder and place the ips and rom in there, rename the ips to whatever the roms name is EXACTLY and the rom will read from the IPS when running an emu

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Thanks, I'll try that

make a folder and place the ips and rom in there, rename the ips to whatever the roms name is EXACTLY and the rom will read from the IPS when running an emu

(And who ever said windows is more compatable with things, is wrong, 9/10 times theres a better Mac alternitive.)

Back