• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Playing Japanese HGSS

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
  • I was guessing you'd be one of the ones importing Kyledove, seeing as I got the HGSS Importing Club thing from your sig lol.

-Novus-

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Ill definatly be getting the Japanese version for the sake of at least trying it out before I get the English. Besides the fact that the game will be almost the same there wont be too many changes, plus Silver and Gold had such high reply value compared to the newer ones that I'll be able to play them 100 times more over and still not get board. XD

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I was thinking about it, but in all honesty, I'd rather play the game and be able to enjoy it and understand it but have to wait a bit. A few more months isn't so terrible, and although it's a remake, a lot of things will likely be changed and since I know absolutely zero Japanese, I'd have to try and figure everything out basically blind. Sure, the basic storyline will be the same, but I know I definitely do not remember every exact detail of what to do from GSC, and even then, some will probably be changed, and I really think it'd just ruin the game to play it in a language I don't understand.

Just my thoughts.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I am going to play japanese HeartGold. Becuase Gold is (still) my favorite game and I went that through so many times, I don't have any trouble in this game (I think..). I think I have beat Red at Mount Silver after few days as I have it. (If they keep it so easy...)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I will give it a try on my R4 but Im not importing. I dont want to discover that Ill get stuck and waste my money so yeah, R4s are good for trying things before you buy them.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • I'm with the folks going for the English release. Although I know my Kana (luckily thats all there is), and I would be able to read every word, I'd rather have it in my primary language, for time and effort's sake. As impatient as I am, money is not easy for me to come by, so I'll just wait to spend it on the English one.

Royal Squirt

Senior Squirtle
    Years
  • I'll probably import it from America :P Not Japan though, I do enjoy being able to understand what I'm doing. I could go through the game no sweat but, it just wouldn't be as enjoyable x|. However, importing from America will just mean I get it before most people here :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'll probably import it from America :P Not Japan though, I do enjoy being able to understand what I'm doing. I could go through the game no sweat but, it just wouldn't be as enjoyable x|. However, importing from America will just mean I get it before most people here :D
    I agree completley with this. For me, the whole fun of Pokemon games is to read and understand what you're doing. I see the imports for people who don't understand Japanese as a bit of a waste really.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • I'll just probably download the rom on to my acekard, I don't even know Japanese, we'll see how it goes. ;P I swear there some guys who translated the Japanese platinum a bit to English, I hope something like that happens here too. =] For now gonna have difficulty playing. =/

Years
  • Patience?

Once upon a time, before Gold and Silver orginally came out, there was this thing called patience...
    Patience? what's that? I've never heard of such a thing XD

hey, If i was able to stumble my way through platinum and beat it before it came out in japan without any help other than HM4's location without palying DP, we can all stumble through a few differences in HGSS from GSC, you just have to be dynamic and be ready for GS with some C scripts XD

The leak should be any day now...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind pre-ordering and purchasing the Japanese version of HeartGold and SoulSilver, but then again, in today's world I would rather just save the money and wait until the English version is released. For one, it'll cost more pre-ordering it internationally, and then I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much knowing I'll be shooting blind reading what is in Japanese. So, as cool as it may be, I'll just stick it out the next few months before the American games are out in which I'll be able to both understand and enjoy the new remakes.

Page598

Calmidity is the key
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    its not actually hard to read japanese you just gotta know whats going on in the game well i hope its the same storyline as gold and silver but just updated sytle abit and yea.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    I currently learning Japanese in a course, with a private teacher and by myself (need to get it down in 2 years, cause I want to study there).
    I already pre-ordered HeartGold and now that I am already getting pretty good in studying Kanji, I am kinda annoyed by the fact that the game has only Kana.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I am importing it, but I don't know Japanese. It dosen't take a genius to make it through a Pokemon game. If I get stuck then I'll just ask someone here or watch someone playing through on Youtube.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Ill try but i know I will extremely fail, like I mean I probably wont even know whats going on, beside what I can tell from the graphics. But the problem is that it may ruin the experience.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i am importing it in whatsoever language it might be!

Back