• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing Pokemon on my PSP!

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
    Can you do this with a psp 3000

It cannot be fully done on a PSP 3000 series. You can get it so you'll be able to play, but once you turn off the PSP, you'll have to reflash it everytime you turn it on, just to be able to play the emulators/roms, or any other custom firmware.

I do not believe that a DS emulator for the PSP would even be worth it, seeing as if I had more interest in the DS, I'd be playing more than just the Pokemon Series, and would be playing other DS games, which would be ridiculously annoying with only an analog stick as the touch screen.

I have a 1000 Series PSP, and I have a working GBA/GBC/GB emulator, SNES, NES, and Sega Genesis emulators. The 2000/2001 Series is rather good for Custom Firmware, the only reason I don't have one anymore (apart from my old one being stolen from me) is that I don't like the fact that the back of the system is completely flat, unlike the 1000 series, which has curves for better grip.

Damn I'm pretty envious of you, oh well I don't have a psp anyways. Not until the PSPGo comes out at least

And on one final note, never purchase the PSPgo. It will not be able to be flashed/have custom firmware on it, for a ridiculous amount of time, and there are no ways to play the UMDs that the other PSP systems use. There is only a 16GB internal memory, and once it's full that's kind of it.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

The fact remains, that the PSP can EMULATE a system which it is directly competing against, which is what gives it the upper hand. Sure, it'll never be a complete substitute, rather it'll be the next best thing.

1- It doesn't give it any upper hand. My friend cannot even play Diamond on his PSP 1000. U_U

2- Next best thing? You need to be joking.
    It is the last best thing.

Here is the menu:

Nintendo DS Family- Best Emulation For NDS files.
    NO$GBA DS Emulation- Quite close emulation.
    iDeaS Emulation- Lower Technology.
    PSP DS emulation- Glitchy, Unworking Abnormalities.

Anyway, there's no denying that the PSP's say processing power and graphic capabilities far surpass the DS's. Not to diminish the DS; it has it's fair share of fun games, but it doesn't really stand much against the PSP.

The DS has the fun games. For real time facts, it has also quite nice graphics.

Taken from GTA Chinatown Wars DS

Which in fact is not very distant from the PSP's release:

As for this, no talking: :D

Also to remind you, emulation rarely provides ALL the capabilities of the original system, but many users don't mind. I'm sure EVERYONE doesn't want to finish all the super contests; maybe they just want to test out the hand before buying it, or just complete the Battle Frontier (which is a huge challenge)

Why not buy the original system, then?

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2009
    It does give it the upper hand, simply for the fact that more games, including games from other systems, can be played on it.

It does make it the next best thing. If you cannot play it on the original system, the PSP, who can emulate a lot of games near-perfectly, would appear to be the logical choice for anyone hwo doesn't want to sit at the computer for their gaming.

I'm fairly certain, also, that the PSP's graphical capabilities surpass the DS's.

And, the answer to your last question is: Not everyone can afford both. It makes sense to buy a PSP that can emulate the DS, rather than a DS that can only play it's own games.

BrockObama

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    i beat fire red on my psp, tried playing emerald, just wasn't as fun.

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
    wow i knew this was possible on the computer and the idevices such as iphone and itouch but i never knew psp! maby i will try this when i have time :] thanks for the info

If i need help ill pm you for help because i rarely use my PSP so im not so sure about how everything works on it

Inoj

Premier Ball User
    Years
    Yoshihiro's DSONPSP was already on Beta 7 last month. Still slow. No progress as of late. And yes, the PSP is much better than the DS, like michaelplacke said.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    - I'll answer chronogically:
    I think i'll do that to.

- It doesn't give it any upper hand. My friend cannot even play Diamond on his PSP 1000. U_U

2- Next best thing? You need to be joking.
    It is the last best thing.

Here is the menu:

Nintendo DS Family- Best Emulation For NDS files.
    NO$GBA DS Emulation- Quite close emulation.
    iDeaS Emulation- Lower Technology.
    PSP DS emulation- Glitchy, Unworking Abnormalities.
    Firstly, The DS isn't an emulator, it's the ACTUAL SYSTEM, OTHER'S ARE TRYING TO IMITATE.
    Secondly, it's PlayStationPORTABLE. Which is why it's still good, as you don't have to be sitting at one spot the whole time, you can take it around. Why do you think VisualBoyAdvance never replaced the GBA? There was no Wi-Fi, so very very few features that you'd miss out on. It's because the GBA was portable. So the NO$GBA and iDeaS don't quite count.

You seem to have forgotten, i never actually said that the PSP can replace the DS.

-
    The DS has the fun games. For real time facts, it has also quite nice graphics.

Taken from GTA Chinatown Wars DS

Which in fact is not very distant from the PSP's release:
    You wan't to talk in pictures? Sure, you're on.

This pic show the DS on top, and the PSP at the bottom. You decide which is better...
    Plus, comparing GTA ChinatownWars is kinda unfair, since it's an enhanced port from the DS to PSP. However, that itself says something about the PSP (the fact that the graphics aren't the same in the two systems is due to the DS's hardware restrictions).

Now, compare

with

this.

-As for this, no talking: :D
    No arguement here, i myself loved the distortion world. :D

-Why not buy the original system, then?
    Well for MOST of us (not counting those using Virtual Console), emulation means NOT buying the system, to NOT spend money.

Please don't get offended or anything by my posts, i myself own neither systems, don't really have any reason to prove my point. I just like a good debate once in a while, keeps my mind and communication (and for posts this big, typing) skills sharp.
    Ps.s You spoke of iDeaS. Are you sure you didn't mean DeSmuME? Cuz last i checked, iDeaS was terrible, while DeSmuMe was nearly as good as NO$GBA.
    P.p.s. We touched upon the subject of Chinatown wars, so i have a question, which i'm afraid is still off-topic, yet...

What on earth is this? this pic has been lying around on the yet since Chinatown wars was first announced, as a "screenshot" of the game, but obviously isn't one. Anyone have any idea what game that ACTUALLY is?

Inoj

Premier Ball User
    Years
    That pic looks like it came from Driver or Driver 2 from the PS. Not sure, but hell looks like it.

NatureKeeper

It does give it the upper hand, simply for the fact that more games, including games from other systems, can be played on it.

It does make it the next best thing. If you cannot play it on the original system, the PSP, who can emulate a lot of games near-perfectly, would appear to be the logical choice for anyone hwo doesn't want to sit at the computer for their gaming.

I'm fairly certain, also, that the PSP's graphical capabilities surpass the DS's.

And, the answer to your last question is: Not everyone can afford both. It makes sense to buy a PSP that can emulate the DS, rather than a DS that can only play it's own games.

Well, you have a point here.

Well, It's just that you guys insulted the DS.
    Nobody can afford both, so?

If you are a Pokemon fan your best bet is the DS.
    If you are a Sony fan and need GTA and Need for Speed you get a PSP.

@tintin_92---

Ok, I getcha. The DS has hardware restrictions, but Nintendo fans need an item called DS, that's all.

So, emulating is not why the things such as Sony PSP are released for.

It is to have fun with what you have.

And wow, the PSP's graphics are amazing in the last comparison picture. (Although I believe it does not surpasses that of the Wii's.)

But a person buying a DS looks forward to Mario and Pokemon not to GTA and Need for Speed XD.

The DS, by the way, has half the screen size. So that's why, well, the graphics are so uncomfortably pixelized.

--Very Final Picture---

Might be a game for GBA or Pocket Station, I assume.

Back