• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Playing the Leveling Field!" Episode Discussion

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Mine is in a different room, so I have to wait for someone to put in on ThouTube to give an Extensive List of Comments. xD

Years
    I actually like her Japanese voice a bit better, I think she calls Ash, Satoshi-kun, in Japan and uses a little bit english. But anyways, her accent is nice and hilarious.

She seems like a really good coordinator, I love seeing Mismagius in action. (I have one too in Pearl)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    - Haha, Zoey's getting beats.
    - Why are there so many french people on pokemon recently?
    - Fantina has a really square face...
    - I don't get why she's so proud about beating an Abra with a Gengar...
    - Stop trying to get involved, Dawn...
    - Forget the coin toss...Ash is looking for a badge, Dawn just wants to battle to get popular.
    - Let the useless coin-toss thing die!
    - WOAH, SHE's HOLDING A POKEBALL! I wouldn't have expected that, Ash.
    - Wow, Buizel sucked.
    - Psychic deflecting an attack? I think you might have seen that beofre Zoey...
    - Game mechanics...in the anime!
    - Diabolus ex machina...
    - I thought Hypnosis had 60% accuracy...
    - ASH FAILED! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    - Hang on...that means that we waited about eight years for a Hearthome Gym battle...and it was a FAIL!
    - Well at least he isn't sulking and crying when he loses anymore *cough* Indigo League *cough*

Fantina just annoyed me in this episode. She just came across as being really selfish and irresponsible for leaving the gym for several months.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    alright I just saw the episode on youtube from start to finish. It was excepionally well...though I was hoping to see more of Zoe vs. Fantina...and hopefully one day Dawn will get to face off against fantina as well.
    But seeing this episode was pretty nice...it was great they let Yanmega express its personality a bit more...and seeing her talk french a bit, making it purposly make us think "what is she saying" was a nice addition. WOW, buizel and chimchar and pikachu really got beat...and I can see ash is starting to learn more as a trainer...seeing as he knew when he had to give up...

GREat show...cannot wait to see the eng. celestic contest coming soon!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    - Fantina's voice is *cute* I love it!
    - Oh no, Zoey
    - Wow, I haven't actually watched the opening for this in ages, I usually skip XD
    - Edit!? Why did the "GSC Title Theme" go through the title screen? XD
    - Brock speaking in a French accent is LOL
    - When Fantina is talking to Zory, I don't understand a word XD
    - Yanmega's voice is hilarious
    - PUSA's trumpet music is really weird
    - "Coin Toss time!"
    - AWWWWWWWW Drifloon! Uh, has Drifloon got a dub voice now!? It used to keep it's Japanese voice! Did PUSA forget or something?
    - When is the PUSA "battle" music going to stop?
    - Oh no, Drifblim doesn't keep its voice either...

Quotes

Ash: Whoa, she's holding a Pokeball!
    - Not in a Pokemon Battle!!
    Ash: You get lemons, you get lemonade! And that's what we do best!
    - Ash is on a qeust to become a lemonade master ~

Music kept: (6)

Gekijouban Title Theme 2006 (movie 9)
    GSC Opening Title Theme
    GSC Trainer Battle Theme
    Team Rocket Sneaking Theme
    RBY Route 3
    Rowan's Theme

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think this was the best battle yet for Ash!! Wow I LOVE Fantina's Accent....I agree with Quick_Kid, I mean I was hoping more from Zoey and Fantina's battle but overall the episode was GREAT!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    Can't wait for the rematch with Mademoiselle Fantina. When this comes out on DVD, I'm going to have to watch this episode with subtitles on.

Years
    Quotes

Ash: Whoa, she's holding a Pokeball!
    - Not in a Pokemon Battle!!

Lol, I didn't get the concept of that.
    I almost said out loud, "Dude, it's a Pokemon Battle of course she's holding a Pokeball."
    Lol, Ash, congrats, you've become the new Captian Obvious.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The thing is, I'm not sure it was a dub-only quote, either. In Japanese he was talking about a Monster Ball, so I presume he said round about the same thing there, too o.O

Years
    Charaxes, just curious..how come you say you would review the episode but you never seem to do that?

Since you seem serious, I'll say it seriously. I write expansive, and, yes, verbiose reviews, if you're not familiar with my style. Unfortunately, they require a lot of brainpower and time, two items I don't have presently. I also have a very malfunctioning computer. So, because of all those factors, writing reviews are tricky for me, at the moment.

I always say, "to come forthwith," but I don't say on time, for a reason. However, I fully intend to write these reviews, eventually. I run a lot of fandoms and my consuming real life, so these things happen.

If you really want an idea of my style of reviewing, go check the later Hoenn League and some BF episodes, as I had time to write them, back then. These days, I don't. Okies?

Years
    Did anyone else think Fantina's hair was awful? I know hair in anime and manga is different but what in the world were they thinking? I'm convinced that most clothing designers and hair stylists hate women because of their terrible styles.

Back