• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playstation 3 Games

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
    Hey all,

When it comes to video games, I have always been more of a handheld guy. That said, there's only so much you can do on a PSP or DS. I recently bought a Playstation 3, mainly because of the price difference between it and the 4 (and the fact that I don't mind not having the newest console). Therefore, I am looking for recommendations on which games to get. Any genre is good, and I'm also looking for some that support couch co-op so I can play with my brother.

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Try LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2. There's also a bunch of great fighting games that you can play co-op like Ultra Street Fighter 4, Guilty Gear Xrd, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, etc.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    LittleBigPlanet series is really good, and LBP 3 actually just came out the same time that Pokémon ORAS did.

Some of my personal favorites are Mirror's Edge, BioShock series, and the Katamari series is actually super addictive. I've yet to play it but the inFamous series is really good as well. My boyfriend is addicted to Uncharted and The Last of Us, so if you're into third person shooters then there are those games too.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Killzone 2 is a solid FPS experience. It show cases what the PS3 is capable of quite well, and the graphics have aged quite well. Don't be fooled when people tell you the third game in the series is better, because it's not. Get Killzone 2 and not Killzone 3.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is also a good purchase. If you have played any of the other Metal Gear Solid games, this is a great follow up, and it can only be played on the PS3.

If you're into driving simulators, Gran Turismo cannot be beat; I suggest getting the newest edition, Gran Turismo 6, as Gran Turismo 5 no longer has online support.

Heavy Rain is a great story telling experience that is unique in it's delivery. While there isn't too much to smash and destroy, the game has it's moments. However, the game is mainly one long QTE but that doesn't discount the story.

Last edited:

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I was already thinking about getting a few of these, and your advice is appreciated.

Happy that someone mentioned a Metal Gear game, since I loved Peace Walker

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Jak and Daxter HD trilogy. Do yourself a favor and pick this up. You'll be glad you did. And if you don't like it, you can send it to me.

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
    I'm also going to go with the LittleBigPlanet series, also these are good too:

The Uncharted Series
    Fat Princess
    Pinball Arcade
    Sound Shapes

Also, the PS3 if you don't know also has some Classic PS1 games in there :)

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Just posting some of my favorites c;

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd
    Jak and Daxter HD Trilogy
    Skyrim
    Tales of Xillia
    Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Err, just a warning if you're getting Little Big Planet. Don't expect a good platformer out of it. If you're not interested in the creation aspect of it, you'll only end up playing an awfully mediocre platformer.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with Uncharted 2. Metal Gear Rising is also a fantastic game.

EDIT: AVOID SKYRIM ON THE PS3 LIKE A PLAGUE

Years
    Good thing that you didn't buy the PS4 yet, it's a bland console atm because of the lack of interesting games. It's life won't likely begin until the end of the year.

Anyway, for the PS3, I'd say give The Last of Us a shot, along with Infamous 1&2

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Couch co-op isn't exactly rampant on any non-Nintendo systems anymore, so I can't really recommend too much in that department for PS3. If you've never played Kingdom Hearts, the two HD Remixes are great values and give you pretty much everything you need to catch up with the series except the latest 3DS game.

If you like Zelda, Darksiders and 3D Dot Game Heroes are both pretty decent (Darksiders is basically a darker, grittier Zelda-esque adventure and 3D Dot is heavily inspired by and modeled after early 2D Zeldas).

The Ratchet and Clank series might be something to try too. They're pretty fun action-ish games with some creative weapons.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Metal Gear Solid 4 is the only game you should start with for single player

for couch coop, check out Borderlands, Diablo 3 and Resident Evil 5
    As always, Lego games are great also

Years
    The Last of Us is pretty incredible to be honest.

Good couch co-op games are pretty hard to come by, but arcade fighting-style games are usually good for that so try things like Mortal Kombat or Tekken - or if you're into anime the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games are good. Another excellent couch co-op choice is Beyond Two Souls which allows you to play the campaign through with a friend.

Grand Theft Auto IV is great for the story, for the multi-player GTA V is better.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Good co-op games:
    • Tales of Graces f
    • Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
    • Tales of Xillia / 2
    • Portal 2
    • Little Big Planet / 2
    • Any LEGO game
    The co-op in the Tales games is during battles, and the battle systems are really fun. I mainly suggest ToGf because it's my favourite for co-op (Symphonia is an HD remake and the battle system didn't age well, and the Xillias aren't quite as good for co-op, although they are arguably better games otherwise than Graces). Portal 2 is mostly single player but it has a good 2P campaign as well.

Other games that are good but either don't have co-op or I don't know what the co-op is like:
    • Assassin's Creed series (especially 2)
    • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD Remix
    • Okami HD
    • Final Fantasy XIII trilogy
    • Uncharted trilogy (you can probably skip 1, it's not that great)
    Some remakes in there, but you mention you're more of a handheld gamer so if you haven't had a chance to check out the KH series or Okami, go for it!

Back