• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PlayStation games. do you still remember?

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
    Not sure if i should post this here.

Hey guys.
    (Ok i seriously had a Huge flashback with some PS games:P)
    When I was growing up, before pokemon, I used to play a lot of Play station games. They were a ton of fun. But i haven't played these games for about 5 years(long time, but still remember) I was wondering if people remembered some of these games.

Spyro The Dragon Trilogy
    Spyro The Dragon-------------------Spyro 2: Gateway to GliMmer-------Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Ok I have to be honest, Spyro has to be the most awesome PS games in my opinion.
    (Number 1): Spyro the dragon is a young dragon who lives in a herd of dragons. but one day a villain defeated in the past appears and turns all the dragons besides you into crystal and its your job to free your dragon herd from the crystals and defeat the villain.
    The newer games after this trilogy are not very good compared to the classics. Spyro was my fav playstation character while growing up and even though i haven't played them in a while its still my favourite Playstation character. Number 1 is the best out of the trilogy though. Its so fun and if you have a PS 1 or 2 I highly recommend at least number 1.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Crash Banticoot Trilogy
    Crash Bandicoot 1--------Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back-----Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

These games are really cool. Hands down. I'm not a fan of the newer games after these. I prefer the classics(again). I've got nothing else to say. down right Cool. :)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Casper

This is probably the most mind puzzling game i've ever played. The House your in is SO BIG! a great tip is to sketch the entire house so you don't get lost BUT the house is SO STINKING BIG! in adition to that. there is a Upstairs, basement, Courtyard and Maze. all are big. I remember my entire family working together to complete this one game(I come from a family of 10). There are a lot of locked doors and some you need to put puzzle pieces together to unlock a couple of doors, secret switches, etc. I've played that game several times and I never completed it. You will most likey never find a modern game as head spinning as this one. So if your into this kind of thing, I highly recommend trying it out. :)

Marvel vs Capcom 1

Oh man this game. it was great. you go around beating up marvel and capcom characters. I remember playing that game. I had no idea about the controls and neither did any of my family. We were just like, PUSH BUTTONS!!! :P
    It was a great game.

Croc 1: Legend of the Gobbos

This game was so fun. you have to go around saving the Gobbos from the villain and collect 7 special gems. this game would be so much better if one thing changed. the camera angles. your just walking along seeing where your going then WOOP! the camera changes and you can't see where your going :P
    But besides that it was a great game.

Herc's Adventures

This game........ THIS STUPID GAME!
    I loved and Hated this game at the same time. I was SO LONG!!!
    It was an awesome game, But it was so hard. Only my brother finished it. at the end when I was watching him finish i the game I was like WTF? I won't say what happened at the end though. Spoilers.
    It's a awesome game but it beats Casper's frustration by a mile.

Time Crisis

Oh my gosh this game was awesome. I used to play it all the time. when we played this game we'd use our playstation gun controller. This type of gun to be precise:

It was amazing. this game is the playstation game I haven't played for the longest. I hardly remember it but it was awesome

Harry Potter
    The Philosopher's Stone ---------------The Chamber of Secrets

Ok. I'm a BIG Harry Potter fan. These games were really cool while growing up. I like number 3(i played it on my PC), I couldn't understand number 4, I played that on the playstation once but I wasn't a fan of it. I played number 5 on the Xbox ut i've never touched the 6th and 7th game.
    Again I think the classic ones are the best. they were awesome.

Thats all I remember at the moment. Something might flash across my mind sometime and i'll put it up.
    All in all, my favourite game was Spyro the Dragon(1)
    Do you remember any of these games? what Games do you remember?
    PS: Thanks for reading :)

Years
    I really like most of those games. I still play the Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and Harry Potter games from time to time. And I absolutely love Time Crisis, but I've only ever played the arcade version. I've never played Casper or Croc, though, but I'll look into them.

I never owned a PS1 myself, but when I was like, 4-9 years old, I had a babysitter who would bring over their PlayStation and we would play together. Good times.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    PS1+Game Boy Color was the entirety of my life after 6 years old until the GC/PS2/Xbox gen lol.

Spent countless hours on the Spyro trilogy (mainly Year of the Dragon), one of the Crash Bandicoot games, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, the 2 PS1 Spiderman games, Yugioh: Forbidden Memories (could never beat that one actually, ****ing last 3 bosses and their multiple Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragons, but then using Crush Card or Raigeki or something on the ONE thing you had to beat them), and a few other games. And Grandia, my first JRPG and what I think was the 2nd video game I ever played in my life.

All I have left for PS1 games now is Grandia and Yugioh. Don't play much of them anymore though.

Yukari

While I loved the Playstation 1, I honestly haven't played any of the games mentioned in the OP. Mainly, I played the PS1 for it's large Library of RPGs.

I also Agree with Spino, can't mention the PS1 without mentioning Metal Gear Solid.

Years
    I had Crash Bandicoot3 and Crash Bash and Both Harry potters.

I still have tons of PS1 games but the real standout for me was World Scariest Police chases, the two Spideman games and Starwars Jedi Power Battles, I also loved Railroad Tycoon, Vrally and Fifa 2001.

Years
    Ah the original Crash and Spyro games, these were essentially my childhood and will always be great classics. Even if I wasn't so good at Crash, I was a bit better at Spyro, but the one thing I'll always remember the original trilogies for was the very beautiful level designs and all the colorful characters.

And Crash Team Racing... I surely remember when I used to play so many crazy, colorful racing games like this. My gaming certainly doesn't revolve around it as much as it used to, but they'll always be precious gems in my childhood.

Croc was also one of the classics I played early in my gaming days, I found the controls usually very wonky and it was sad the series came to an abrupt end when Argonaut (the developer of the Croc games) went bankrupt. I'll still never forget those cute, fuzzy little Gobbos!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The original Spyro trilogy was my life for a few years. The very first game of the series was actually the first game that I ever completed, never mind getting 100% and the special bonus at the end of the game.

Other than that, I never really played a wide variety of PlayStation games. I did have a supply of demo discs that stores like GameStop would get to showcase upcoming games. For some reason, I played a lot of the Bubsy 3D demo. I don't know why. Perhaps just to feed my love of platformers.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I never had a PS1, but I caught up on a lot of the games once I had a PS2. In fact I actually liked a lot of the old PS1 games as much as I did the PS2 games. That was especially the case when it came to the Final Fantasy series. Part of the reason I enjoyed PS1 games a lot more too was that at my local rental place, PS1 games were weeklies while PS2 games were overnight only, so I could actually experience PS1 games in full while I could barely scratch the surface of the PS2 games.

Aside from the obvious classics (Metal Gear Solid, Symphony of the Night (I sadly don't own this game, but would probably pay a stupid amount of money to do so), Final Fantasy games, etc.) some of my other favourites are Vagrant Story, the Suikoden games (yes, I like JRPGs), the Oddworld series, the Worms series was great for multiplayer, Escape from Monkey Island was a hilarious game that introduced me to the graphic adventure genre, Intelligent Qube was a great puzzle game and the game that cult classic Catherine has it's roots in. Tempest 2000 is Tempest and it's amazing. Yeah, a lot of great games for that system.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Ah, so many classics here. Brings back the nostalgia feelings.

Crash Bandicoot is one of my favorite classics, and a bit frustrating back at my young age (before I started being better obviously). The trilogy is fun, and never forgetting the racing spin-off Crash Team Racing for me. I had a 100% completion on that game haha.

I've never played the original Spyro trilogy though, although I've played a bit of the first one and I honestly liked it. Too bad I've never gotten the opportunity to actually complete the game.

Honorable mention would be Digimon World 1, 2 and 3. Yes, mentioning them all here 'cause each of them is unique in its own way. Let's just say that while Pokemon caught me in the handheld consoles, it was these that kept me going. Although, we'll probably never seeing another Digimon game for the consoles, since they're going for the handheld ones.

Last but not least: Harvest Moon 2: Back to Nature. Okay, it was this game that introduced me to the franchise. It has always held a special place in my heart, and no, Friends as well as More Friends in Mineral Town can't beat this. Maybe it's my air of nostalgia working, but honestly, I couldn't play any of the GBA remakes and last 'til the first week before stopping.

And... I couldn't think of anything else. Aside from random racing games that my cousin gave to me, there's really nothing else I've played.

Sure, there was Final Fantasy VII that is basically one of the best Final Fantasy ever according to some people, but I've never played it before so...

Too bad my PS1 broke down many years ago. I have to run emulators just to play those games again. ._.

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
    Years
    I've played a few Playstation games before, the most memorable (and actually rather fresh in memory) bring Crash Bash, the first Crash Bandicoot game in the Playstation to have completed. I had tons of fun with it with my brother, trying to destroy mushrooms, pop balloons, shoot tanks and best of all: play as Tiny! The other was Chocobo Race, I had lots of fun woth my brother racing against him with (I believe was) Behemoth. I played another Crash Bandicoot game, but I can't really remember which was it. It had Tiny using a pitchfork to attack and Dingodile using a flamethrower as he was surrounded by a crystal shield of sorts. Played other games too, like the mentioned Digimon World 3, but, for the same reason as the other Bandicoot game, we didn't have a memory card until we got Crash Bash, which was much later and after we lost those games.

Candy

Years
    I've played a few Playstation games before, the most memorable (and actually rather fresh in memory) bring Crash Bash, the first Crash Bandicoot game in the Playstation to have completed. I had tons of fun with it with my brother, trying to destroy mushrooms, pop balloons, shoot tanks and best of all: play as Tiny! The other was Chocobo Race, I had lots of fun woth my brother racing against him with (I believe was) Behemoth.

Ah yes, Crash Bash and Chocobo Race. Two more games that I frequently play back then. I'm sure there's a lot more games that I've forgotten since I also lost my CD case which contained all of them. (Also, I had about 6 memory cards, what on earth did I do back then?)

Crash Bash is also the first Crash Bandicoot game that I've played as well. Never actually completed that story mode 'cause my and my bro are terrible back in the day. Chocobo Race is also one of the many racing games that I've played on the PS1.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Of these I only ever had the second Spyro and second Crash Bandicoot. I'll still play the both of them from time to time. I've got a bit of Spyro-bias in me, given that it was the first game I ever played.

Did anyone else play the original Rayman on Playstation? That game was a real pain. If I remember right, I've yet to actually ever finish. May have to pull the old thing out at some point.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    imo Spyro 2 is the only worthwhile one though that's coming from my latest playthrough which was rather a while ago, so I think the trilogy is due another replay. (And I need to stop constantly replaying Crash anyway)
    I played another Crash Bandicoot game, but I can't really remember which was it. It had Tiny using a pitchfork to attack and Dingodile using a flamethrower as he was surrounded by a crystal shield of sorts.
    That's Crash 3
    Aside from the obvious classics (Metal Gear Solid, Symphony of the Night (I sadly don't own this game, but would probably pay a stupid amount of money to do so), Final Fantasy games, etc.)
    You can get Symphony of the Night on PSN. I have it on my Vita. (Gorgeous on it)

Yukari

Sure, there was Final Fantasy VII that is basically one of the best Final Fantasy ever according to some people, but I've never played it before so...
    You NEED to fix that. Seriously.

Candy

Years
    You NEED to fix that. Seriously.

Blame the fact that I couldn't find FF7 in any of my regular gaming stores back then. IDK why though, it's just not there. :/

I remember another game that I used to play: Team Buddies. Oh man, that game. Probably still one of my favorites.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    My old-school gaming systems were the SNES and the Sega Genesis which were hand-me-downs from my older cousins, so I never got an original PlayStation... :( The first console that I got that was bought specifically for me and not just when my cousins outgrew them and got bored of them, was a PlayStation 2 and honestly that's probably still my favorite console to this day.

Idk what I would do if my PS3 couldn't play all of my PS2 games tbh.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I got a PS1 in 1997/1998 the day Final Fantasy VII got released and never looked back the RPG selection on the PS1 was LEGENDARY and will never be beaten it seems every other week a new RPG was released.
    Final Fantasy VII, IX - was never a big fan of VIII (That SeeD ship was a PAIN to find)
    Grandia (Got this before it came out and never looked back was unable to beat it for 4 years because my young self found it too hard)
    Legend of The Dragoon

massive shoutout to Croc in the original post it seemed a game that never got the mass attention it deserves and is a lost gem along with Monkey Hero tbh.
    Crash Bandicoot/Spyro now were talking Crash 2 & Spyro 3 were my personal faves and the prime of both trilogys if only Sony still had them and they were not the shadow of their former selves

Back