• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Playthrough of Platinum help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hello all, I plan to do and record a playthrough of Platinum (rom) and post it to Youtube. I've realised how many there are that roam the tubes, but I thought it would be a cool idea to just be making a video every second day or so.
    Now here comes the reason for this thread, I am unsure of a program to use to capture the gameplay. I don't plan on paying for Fraps and the trial version really doesn't help. So basically I'm asking for a little tutorial and a program that will be able to fulfill what I think would be a fun little thing to do to keep me occupied!

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    If your using VBA there is a record avi button under tools but if you also want record your voice I suggest hypercam but with hypercam you can't record your voice and the sound from the game at the same time.

Years
    If your using VBA there is a record avi button under tools but if you also want record your voice I suggest hypercam but with hypercam you can't record your voice and the sound from the game at the same time.
    So should I use hypercam and just play without the Pokemon BGM?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I would suggest having it with sound because...well whenever I watch an LP if I can't hear the game music it just seems really boring for me. =/

CamStudio is one I like to use myself - free to download, can record sound, and save as .avi or .swf. Never did video LPs myself but I find it useful. Other than that, I suggest google or the LP discussion thread - also for other questions too as this section is more for DPPt/HGSS game discussion rather than game recording advice. You also have the Computers and Technology section.

Hence closed as this isn't the section/half-answered already. Good luck with your LP though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back