• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please don't hug me

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Do you have affectionate friends/family? Are you the same way?

My best friend is kind of affectionate, but her way of showing it is through teasing and pretending to hate me, so other people might think that we're more enemies than friends.
    The rest of my friends aren't really affectionate, aside from one, who is *very* affectionate.

I don't show affection, for the most part. I also don't like being touched; some of the time, it doesn't bother me. Others, it really ticks me off.

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • This is me.
    Please don't hug me

Please don't hug me

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think I've had about four or five hugs in the past four years.

I have one or two friends who tell me how much they care about me, and that's really comforting given the lack of affection I generally get from my family.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm not very affectionate with most people. My mom and I are affectionate in the way of hugging multiple times in a day, and my best friend and I can only be explained by the word "bromance". Though, in general with most people, I'm fairly stand off-ish. If someone is upset and needs a hug, I'll hug them, but other than that, eh. I do have one friend who always grabs my hands and hugs me a lot when she first sees me, and I go with the flow on that one, while other people in the group just give me a "Hi, how are you?", and that's about what I give back. xD;

That's three people that I'm affectionate with out of the hand fulls that I know.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Both sides of my family are of Mediterranean descent. I don't like the double cheek kissing. I don't know why you do it twice. I often forget. Or somehow move my head the opposite direction after the first one and headbutt the person.

I like hugs though!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    My family is also of Mediterranean descent (specifically Albanian, but maybe some Greek) so we do a lot of kissing and hugging when we greet each over.

While it doesn't bother me at all due to being used to it, I never use it around friends because the custom here is a lot different. I only have a few friends that actually hug me; I sometimes give friends a half hug as a sign of affection, but that's about it.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • nope,me and my best friend don't hug but we just hit shoulders and meet fingers..silly hi,long time no see thing!

though,some people of my family i hug tightly when they're going somewhere for too long like my dad when he used to travel..sometimes i kept hugging him that he was about to miss his plane lol
    old days! <3

Sirfetch’d

I have affectionate friends and family that loves to give hugs. I am the same way.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • My friends and family are both affectionate, and I tend to surround myself with people like that because I'm the same way. I love giving/getting hugs, and just telling people how much they mean to me.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I love hugs, and I don't care if my friend is affectionate, I hug him. Btw, I see why he's like that. Oh, but if it's someone I don't know then no, I run.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    My family is really not that affectionate, they dont hug me or anything that often, it dosent bother me that much, Im not that affectionate either.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I'm really affectionate with the people who I love (my family, friends, etc.). But if I don't know you, you better not touch me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My friends are very affectionate, and my family are not. I like it that way very much. I feel awkward showing emotion around my family, so if they were overly affectionate it would make my life a whole lot more icky than it really needs to be.

Back