• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Don't Hurt My Fluffykins! Pet Challenge

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
  • Have you ever been curled up in your favorite chair, playing your DS or other console of choice, and all of a sudden a wet nose is in your face asking to be fed? Sick of getting woken up at all hours of the night by a cat who can't decide where to lay on the bed? Do you constantly forget to feed your fish, and the poor thing is on the verge of malnutrition?

Welcome to the Pet Challenge.

Designed with pet owners in mind, this challenge is meant to give a twist to the typical "run through the game like this" challenge. How? Simple: Your pokemon are now your pets, and you have to take care of them as such. This can be played on any game or ROM, and ultimate run throughs are welcome.

Rules

Basics
    • Your pets are now your pokemon, so their forms have to reflect that. Do you have a golfish? That slot better be a fish pokemon. You don't have a pet, but still want to participate? Borrow a friends or ask someone to make one for you. Any pet can participate, from geckos and snakes to chickens and cows.
    • Your pokemon must be nicknamed with the pets name that they are representing. If your pet is named "Spock the third", fit as much as you can.
    • Genders of pets and pokemon must match.
    • The amount of "main" Pokemon you can fight with is equivalent to how many pets you have. To prevent pet hoarders like me from having less of a challenge than someone who has a goldfish, you have to pick the oldest, youngest and middle if you have 4 or more. The remaining slots are for HM slaves. TLDR: You can only fight with three main pokemon, yo.
    • Any pet under 1 year must stay in its first evolution. Pets 1-2 years can evolve to their second evolution, 3 years and over can go to the final stage. This also applies to evolving through stones/trading/ect.
    • You can trade in low-levels/hack for pets you cannot get before the 5th gym. First pokemon, unless you have a monkey, turtle, chicken, pig, or a flower that can shoot vines out of its bulb, can be traded or hacked in right away.
    Still interested? Read on.

What you must do:
    • Pets need to be fed. Each of your pets must be fed according to their in-game weight. So for those games with berries, we will say one berry per 50 pounds of body weight, not to exceed 5 berries for those who have fat pets, per 4 hours of game play. As an alternative for those games that do not have berries/berries are hard to find/I'm too lazy to grow that many berries: 1 non-medical feeding item per 2 hours of gameplay (rage candybar, stat increasers, ect.) per 50 pounds of body weight. If you don't want to do the math, ask, I can do it for you. In the case of RBY, you can use medical items, but must feed one per pet per half hour outside of battle (which shouldn't be that hard).
    • Pets need to be exercised. Every pet must have a turn battling on a route. For those with HG/SS, pets must be rotated so each of them follow behind you. If you have only one pet in HG/SS, it must be rotated with a slave for rest for 1 minute. The slave can only battle wild pokemon.
    • Pets also like toys. They should be holding a favorite item for the entire game. If they faint, their toy is lost and needs to be replaced.
    • And finally, pets also need rest. If your pet's health gets red but they do not faint, they are unable to battle and need to be replaced and healed for 3 turns before coming back in.

Extra Challenge:

• If they faint, your pet gets taken by "Animal Protective Services"... also known as released.
    • You can only heal your pets with "treats" (medical items) and not the pokecenter, daycare, or by boxing.
    • If you have two "incompatible" pets in the same team (cat/rat, dog/cat, ect) they may never be next to each other in the party or out in the same battlefield together.
    • Pets do need rest... after 2 levels of grinding, your pets must be switched with another pet or HM slave.

Ultimate:
    • Complete this challenge in all games, in any order. (You must use the same pets each game.)

Ultra Ultimate:
    • Complete the challenge in all games, in any order, with the extra challenge in place.

I'll probably make the thread prettier if the idea catches on. Ideas to improve are always welcome!

As for me:

Name: Lateon
    Run-through: Just Emerald for right now. I might to the Ultimate later.
    Team:
    Shadow the dog, 2 years old (77.4 pounds)
    Bruce the beta, ??? old, less than a year (86 pounds)
    Roxas the cat, 4 years old (71.9 pounds)

Sign-up form
    Code:
    Name:
    Run-through type/game:
    Team:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Completed:
    Spoiler:

M+HZAPPY24

The Epic Fail
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Sounds like fun, ill try!
    Name: Zappy
    Run-through type/game: Crystal for now.
    Team:
    Candi the dog (Jolteon) 5 years old
    Dayla the dog (Smeargle) 2 years old
    Tramp the dog (Suicune) 15 years old

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]New rule: I yor pet dies in real life you must change your pokemon to a ghost pokemon of your choice[/SIZE]

Back