• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please don't say that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Someone said "preggers" which I agree with, and also "hubby." I will not be calling my future husband my "hubby." He will be my husband. Hubby sounds like I am a naive 14 year old with my first boyfriend and think I'm gonna marry him after a month of being together. And "preggers" sounds like I'm the same naive 14 year old that doesn't understand pregnancy at all.

Sir Codin

Whoever said "millennial" was so on point. When I hear or see that word, I feel like I'm being judged. It's never a good thing about "millennials" when you see that in articles and such so it, to me, ends up feeling like a negative thing to be called. "Those millennials..." UGH. So menacing.
    What makes it especially funny to me is that it's the generations that existed before "millennials" that screwed everything up and they really have no place to blame us for modern problems when they're the people we learned things from.

This quote from Grand Theft Auto V really sums it up:

"The generation before them survived the great depression, fought the second World War, and built America to greatness. Then they stepped in and squandered it all. And it's our generation taking all the flak. Blame the millennials. Even if we are self-absorbed narcissists who expect 3-hour work days, who do you think we learned it from?"

Nakala Pri

(Sis said something about someone annoying so I went on here ASAP)

I am a very naive, annoying person, and that is why I'm going to state this very naive, annoying thing.

I hate swearing and in MY opinion it's for the lower class (or less intelligent, whatever, really). :P

Righto!

1. Another word for fellow human, but with a different culture and skin colour. AKA, the N-word. I really hate racism altogether but that really annoys me.

2. Any word referring to genitals. Call 'em what they are, if you're determined to mention them. Unless you belong to the American 'swag' class, who roam alleys and comment on passing booty. A kitty is a kitty. A kitty shouldn't be ANYTHING ELSE but a kitty. Next I won't be able to say puppy thanks to some simpleton's use of words and the lower-class that spread it.

3. The f-word. Used way too much, nowadays. The s-word is bad enough, but it's bearable. This is just annoying. >:(

I probably sound like an old fashioned wishy-washy nun, but I don't give a damn. Swearo's are quite commonly taken off my friend-list. >:^) (Except you Nathan, you're dreaaaaaamy)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    there are literally zero curses that personally bother me and I am absolutely BAFFLED as to how they could possibly be such a deal-breaker for someone. the thought that someone will automatically not become friends with someone because they curse is so strange to me.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    I believe in the 100% open and relaxed exchange of information at all times, and such communication is often hindered by the idea that something is not appropriate to be heard by present company.

So what you're saying, is that the word and concept "inappropriate" are - inappropriate?

someone doesn't care for black people

as for me
    • moist
    • any time a british person says heych when they say the letter h
    • dude
    • mate

So what you're saying is, it's racist to hate a set of slang words - but not to assign that set of words to a particular race / skin color?

lol I'm so not making friends here xD Apologies for the condescension. Oo, that word. I hate that - condescension. Also callous. And when people use 'gay' in place of 'stupid'. It doesn't outright upset me, but it makes me think; "Really? Really, you don't know any better words to describe that, than 'gay'? Really."

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Rice may just be the most horrible-sounding word in the english language. I can't even begin to explain why I hate it so much. I don't have a problem with anything similar. Nice, mice and lice are all okay but my god does that 'r' make a difference.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I don't hate any words.

I do hate it when people get upset at using a word as slang for something else, though. Especially something that's not traditionally a "bad word." Seriously, lighten up. I try to avoid it because I don't like to bother people, but it irritates me that I should have to because I see nothing wrong with it.

Back