• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Please have more than one save file!

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
  • I would love for more than one save file, but given the nature of the games, I doubt it will be happening.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • To all the people who think that there's not enough space for another save file: Do you have ANY idea how much free space is simply wasted in the Pokemon games? Furthermore, do you know the actual SIZE of a save file? Here's a point of reference. A Platinum save file (which contains both a main save, and the backup incase you turned it off while saving or some other nonsense) is 512KB. That's it. Nintendo could've given us several save files since G/S/C, and if R/B/Y wasn't all over the place with its space usage, it could've had multiple files as well. Most GBA Pokemon games have a little more than 1024KB of free space that's just sitting there. (I think I did that conversion right, if from offset 0x800000 to 0xFFFFFF is 8388607 bits.) Yes folks, that's right, TWO Platinum save files could fit in that space. TWO. A GBA save file is only 128KB. That's 8 full save files that could've been given to us in any GBA Pokemon game (perhaps 1 less in Emerald, it has less free space than R/S and Fr/Lg. How much less I'm not sure). 8. Do some research before spouting ignorance.

And though I'd love the second (or more) save file, it won't happen. Money money money...

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • I don't understand the point in two save files, other than abusing the trading system, that is.

And I think Zelda has multiple save files for multiple people. There are different ways of completing the game, depending on which one you play, I think.

In Pokemon, it seems more personal. At least, to me. This is MY SS game, MY Platinum game, MY Pikachu. And in Pokemon your course is pretty set, unless you count beating Erica and Sabrina in reverse order in RBY. That would be the only instance I could think of for multi save files, and even then, that reason is very, very pitiful.

And I'm not sure it would decrease sales that much, because I thought most people just bought the one game, regardless? Even if they were planning on buying Black and White, why would that change with multiple save files? I assume you are buying the other version for the exclusive Pokemon, which wouldn't be included in your extra save file.

So, if someone could explain -

• The point in another save file, (disregarding the trade abuse,)
    • How/Why the sales would decrease
    and do it without repeatedly insulting me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm totally neutral towards the situation. I'm not sure if I would utilize the capabilities, but it's not like more save files would be on my list of cons.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    People would want 2 save files so someone they know could have a file too. But if they bought the game themselves you could battle them :D.

And also Nintendo would lose a lot of money if they do that. So that in itself is not gonna motivate them

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • Pokemon Box/Ranch or watever it is SUCKS its the emphasis of Nintendos laziness, those Mii lookin pokemon are a disgrace.
    not to mention not everyone has the money to go by a wii, i sure as hell dont.
    the Collection Mode, or an extra Save File would give me the chance to not worry bout losin my pokemon, that i worked hard to raise& give me the opportunity to enjoy the storyline more.

You lose your Pokemon often? You might wanna get that checked out.

Oh, and Pokemon Boxes come with the game. You know the computer looking this in the Pokemon Center? They're called PC's and you can store Pokemon on there, if you catch any more than six Pokemon. The Pokemon center is the Reddish/Pinkish building, usually located in Towns or Cities. They look like the blue ones, but those are stores.

Oh and, Yu-Gi-Oh sucks. It's a disgrace to humanity, cards, people with hair, Egyptians, dragons, eyes, girls, Pixies, furry things, the letter K, people with bi-polar disorder, older men who like to play card games with children, winged horses, orphans, chess, and just everything. Ever.

People would want 2 save files so someone they know could have a file too. But if they bought the game themselves you could battle them :D.

And also Nintendo would lose a lot of money if they do that. So that in itself is not gonna motivate them

Hmm. I suppose that makes sense, but I don't see this happening because if I want my friend to play Pokemon, I'd want to battle them and all the other things that come with Pokemon, and if I was playing it, they couldn't be playing it at the same time, which may create some tension with 'turns'. This would make the most sense with save files, I suppose, but I just don't see much sharing happening. But, that may just be me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    Hmm. I suppose that makes sense, but I don't see this happening because if I want my friend to play Pokemon, I'd want to battle them and all the other things that come with Pokemon, and if I was playing it, they couldn't be playing it at the same time, which may create some tension with 'turns'. This would make the most sense with save files, I suppose, but I just don't see much sharing happening. But, that may just be me.

That is exactly what I was thinking in my previous post I just didn't know how to put it into words so thanks

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Again, it's not just money; it defeats the purpose of Pokémon.

If there are two games on one cart:
    • They're incompatible with each other; no battling, trading, etc.
    • You now have two Pokémon collections, in a game where the entire point is to fill one collection.
    • Legendaries/Starters can be captured an unlimited amount of times.
    • The second file can be used as a slave for the aforementioned reason, and other such things.

These are bad things, that ruin the atmosphere of Pokémon.

Years
  • Having two save files would be quite essential but if they were to add two it would mean they just gave you a 2 of the save version in 1 game. So this brings us back to Nintendo wanting more money making you buy another game. I wouldn't mind having two save files but i'm not sure what i'd be using it for. Also as Ravecat said,it defeats the purpose of Pokemon giving you less work to complete the game and pokedex yourself. Bottom line,I wouldn't mind having one or two save files.

Funfat.

Working on scripts that fail
    Years
  • What takes the fun out of trading if you can't trade with 1 system?;
    I would want to beat the game over again without losing my old pokemon :)
    what if I had to share 1 game with a friend
    ...........................................................................................................

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    What takes the fun out of trading if you can't trade with 1 system?;
    I would want to beat the game over again without losing my old pokemon :)
    what if I had to share 1 game with a friend
    ...........................................................................................................
    Yea you guys could share the game. But think of it this way. You could never play at the same time so you could race. You could never battle or trade either :(

Back