• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Please help me fix these move effects

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    So I've been making a few move effects, these are the ones that don't work as intended:

This next move is supposed to do normal damage unless used 3 times in a row then it paralyzes on the 3rd hit. Problem is no paralysis.
    Spoiler:

That's the main one, but I'd also like to know how to solve the following small changes:

Removing the 'can't be forced out' effect from ingrain.

Making Yawn freeze instead of put to sleep.

Remove the 'being trapped' from the wrap/firespin/clamp effect.

Is there a way to checkweather? I'd like to use that too.

Then there are some new effects like

A move which does more damage the longer the battle lasts. Is there a number in RAM where the number of turns passed is stored then you could damagemultiplier that number or something?

A move which has the effect of revive, I've tried callasming the revive battle script but the screen just flashes black forever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You

Last edited:

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    I really need these fixed. Bump.

Anyone?

I still haven't fixed this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
    Years
  • Hey, this might seem really stupid of me, but have you tried using the A-Tack application? lets you change the effects, power, accuracy e.c.t. of an attack. You probably know this already though :P Just a thought...

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Hey, this might seem really stupid of me, but have you tried using the A-Tack application? lets you change the effects, power, accuracy e.c.t. of an attack. You probably know this already though :P Just a thought...
    He's essentially creating a new move effect which isn't in the ROM, so he's using Battle script pro to make said effects.. with this problem.
    Sorry C Me, I can't help you with this either as I have little experience with battle scripts, only made 1 custom move.

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Last bump, would really appreciate any help.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Is there a way to checkweather? I'd like to use that too.

There is a command in BSP called seteffectbyweather. It is command E9. I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for though...

Also, Solarbeam and Thunder check weather to determine charge time/power and accuracy, respectively. The exact address will likely vary depending on the game you are modifying, but if you check those moves, your will probably find your answer.

PokemonBen

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Last bump, would really appreciate any help.

I have knowledge on this but my first thought was the move Outrage, which confuses the user on it's third hit. Maybe you could take a look at that and try and bend it to your will.

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    There is a command in BSP called seteffectbyweather. It is command E9. I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for though...

Also, Solarbeam and Thunder check weather to determine charge time/power and accuracy, respectively. The exact address will likely vary depending on the game you are modifying, but if you check those moves, your will probably find your answer.

I have checked Thunder where the unique part is this:

Spoiler:

It has a lot of unique effects and really it's a check for hail I'm wanting.

The seteffectbyweather is used for castforms weatherball and it has no parameters so you can't know what it does unless you look at the routine for it.

I have knowledge on this but my first thought was the move Outrage, which confuses the user on it's third hit. Maybe you could take a look at that and try and bend it to your will.

Outrage is a good shout but this time the script doesn't have anything obvious that does the effect:

Spoiler:

I might just be using the setbyte command wrong, basically I need an area of memory where I can add a byte after a move and then it resets to 0 after battle. I'm not using a lot of unique move effects so I have a lot of free memory I could use (stockpile is the one I've been thinking of).

For the weather one, we know that the weather is stored in 0x20243CC so I think I could use jumpifbyte but I don't know what byte hail is.

Back