• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please help me!

Which idea shoud I use?

• Idea one: Iron man

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Idea two: Forever shall I be at your side

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Idea three: Untitled

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
  • I need help, badly. Whenever I write, the words that used to come to me while writing have stopped. I have been able to write short bits of things, but out of the three, none have managed to make it past the first part. I thought perhaps if I presented these unfinished bits to you, someone may be able to help me use one of them. Sorry if this is a waste of someone time.

Unfinished idea one: Iron man.
    Spoiler:

Unfinished idea two: Forever shall I be at your side.
    Spoiler:

Unfinished idea three: currently untitled.
    Spoiler:

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Anything ranging from ideas for the story (or in one case, the title) to just plain critiques on them.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I personally liked the 1st and 2nd piece.

The first was very original, because I think very few people have tackled Porygon and it's history. Not having an cliches is a very good sign. It seemed kind of like an adventure fiction, filled with suspense.

The second was a totally non-cliche beginning to a journey; it was original and creative. The typical little sister = monster, was not cliche and was funny and creative. That would be a good start to a journey fiction.

I am glad to say that while I was reading through it, I saw few, if not, no errors. That makes it a lot easier on reviewers. It does help me focus more on the story aspect vs the grammar/spelling, which normally overwhelms me. That, among other things, made me want to read your stories.

It really depends on what genre you want to write - Journey or Adventure

The Darkroom

Pretty Dang Snazzy
    Years
  • The first piece was most interesting to me, mainly because, as Blue Angel said, there is so little information on Porygon to begin with. I think the story would also have more of a future, due to the fact that you wouldn't be inhibited by any kind of prior information. This story could also work as a chaptered fic or a one-shot, depending on how you wanted to end it.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Darkroom and Blue Angel are correct.

The first story could work as a one-shot, where you would close the matter and maybe come back to it later. Or it could be a chaptered story as well, where the big strong guys are declaring that Porygon was illegal or something and go on from there. :3

Two and three were alright, but not as good as the first. (Where did the name come from, though? Porygon isn't made of iron.)

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • Just skimming over all of them I really liked the first one, good use of language and such and found myself very interested in it

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Personally, I liked the first and third options.

I certainly have not seen many folks tackle the idea of porygon's existence, and your take on it (what preview you had to show in the least) was certainly intriguing. If you carried on with that, one-shot or not (I think it could work as a one-shot or a chaptered fic), you'd certainly have an audience out of me.

The second was amusing, but it didn't entirely catch my interested. Darn siblings... however...

Three definately stuck out as a good one. For some amusing reason, the book Anthem came to mind, although this isn't a thing like it at all. Ahem, this one certainly has great potential (like the first one) and could make for a good tale.

That, and I'm a sucker for journal-based stories quite a bit of the time.

So yeah, 1 and 3 are my top choices.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years
  • Well maybe I will use the first one. But to answer your question Ninja Murkrow, I called it Iron man because the story was going to (and maybe will) take a huge turn, and start focusing on the professor a little more than the Porygon.

Last edited:
    Back