• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my battle spot team!

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
  • So, I'm new to teambuilding for competitive uses in general so here is my team and hopefully I can get good criticism to help better my team. Here it is:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
    Thick fat
    Jolly nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Stealth rock
    - Earthquake
    252 ATK/4 SPD/252 SPE
    Usually use this to set up a stealth rock (focus sash helps this tremendously) and then tank till it faints.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    Adamant nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
    - Earthquake
    88 HP/192 ATK/4 DEF/224 SPE
    Considering replacing earthquake with ice fang, can't learn bounce due to it being a Gen V tutor move :/ Usually I DD once or twice then go ahead with waterfall.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
    Trace
    Timid nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Moonblast
    - Healing Wish
    4 HP/252 SPA/252 SPE
    This is probably my most underused pokemon in my team, it has never once been selected in a match and I'm thinking of switching it out for something or finding another use for it.

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Protean
    Timid nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power Fire
    4 HP/252 SPA/252 SPE
    Probably my most used pokemon sans Mamoswine, Gren has excellent coverage and can use Hydro Pump when no super effective moves are available.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
    Stance Change
    Quiet nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - King's Shield
    - Flash Cannon
    - Sacred Sword
    252 HP/252 SPA/4 SPD
    Also a heavily used pokemon, I usually use a move that hits for a lot of damage, then use King's Shield and keep repeating. Weakness policy does wonders, especially combined with Stance Change.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
    Scrappy
    Jolly nature
    - Power-up punch
    - Return
    - Sucker punch
    - Fake out
    252 ATK/4 SPD/252 SPE
    Quite susceptible to Rotom-W and Rough Skin Garchomp, but other than that does quite well as a sweeper though I am considering replacing it due to 3 members of my team having a weakness to fighting type and I may put in Mawile or Blaziken instead.

Thanks for reading (if you made it this far)! Hopefully I can get a few good responses ^_^

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Heya~ so, looks pretty neat for battle spot, I'm assuming you're doing singles in ranked battles. You already look like you know what you're doing mostly, so just a few questions / suggestions. ^^

Mamoswine - looks pretty good, standard set, nothing unexpected but tried and true.

Gyarados - Taunt kinda surprises me, seems like it could have some uses, but I'm curious what you have it on there for specifically. Seems like it could be nice for stopping a T-wave from togekiss or something, perhaps a kings sheild from an enemy aegislash. The latter can be dealt with using earthquake anyways though. Leftovers can be solid for it.

Gardevoir - seems like you could be getting a lot of use out of this, moonblast is obnoxiously powerful and crippling, especially with 30% chance to drop sp atk. Maybe a psychic stab as well for situations where gengar as well as normal type pokemon are present on the other team? Healing wish is a neat trick with choice scarf.

Greninja - just like Mamoswine, nothing creative or surprising here, but a very effective and widely used set. Only downfall is predictability, which Hidden power fire may help with a bit.

Aegislash - Okay, I here I can actually offer something to help. In lieu of one of those attacks; consider another status move between swords dance or possibly toxic. This way, you can retain a hit to activate weakness policy while still in shield form, with your massive defenses. This can also throw the predictability of attack, ks, attack, ks, off with your opponent.

Kangaskhan - the standard mega kanga set, you know what it does but so does everyone else. Pretty reliable, only issue is once it megas, it's useless against any ghosts with will o wisp or toxic that can sit in front of it and not get hit by that sucker punch. You have the backup for this though, in greninja, aegi, and even your gardevoir - although it won't want to come in on any ghost hits.

If I had any broad, general advice on your whole team, it would just be to throw in a little of your own style and mix it up a bit somehow. These sets all look pretty good, but it's nothing that anybody and their mother's entire extended family hasn't seen on battle spot before, bar a few sparse tricks like taunt on gyarados, healing wish on the scarf-devoir, and guessing what HP your greninja has. The standard threats like Garchomp, Aegi, and M Mawile may prove too much just by calling your moves and builds.

Moist

Years
  • Heya~ so, looks pretty neat for battle spot, I'm assuming you're doing singles in ranked battles.

Yup!

Gyarados - Taunt kinda surprises me, seems like it could have some uses, but I'm curious what you have it on there for specifically. Seems like it could be nice for stopping a T-wave from togekiss or something, perhaps a kings sheild from an enemy aegislash. The latter can be dealt with using earthquake anyways though. Leftovers can be solid for it.

It works quite well actually, I don't have anything else with taunt or something similar so I'm like eh why not.

Aegislash - Okay, I here I can actually offer something to help. In lieu of one of those attacks; consider another status move between swords dance or possibly toxic. This way, you can retain a hit to activate weakness policy while still in shield form, with your massive defenses. This can also throw the predictability of attack, ks, attack, ks, off with your opponent.

What would I replace with Toxic/Swords Dance? I quite like my moveset right now TBH, covers a lot of things.

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely take this into consideration.

Also

Obligatory brohoof ^_^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Since you're on Battle Spot, I don't think that Scarf Gardevoir is gonna be particularly useful to you. She's frail and is a bit lacking in power like that and is too easily walled because of the Choice lock. Kinda sounds like a waste of one of your three slots to me. If you drop Mega Kanga, you could always turn Gardevoir into your mega:

-Mega Gardevoir w/Gardevoirite
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Moves: Moonblast/Hyper Voice, Focus Blast, Psyshock, Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp

If you keep Kangaskhan, you might wanna use something else.....dunno what though.

Taunt's actually quite useful on Gyarados, though Substitute is more commonly used in that slot. Taunt let's it shut down the opponent's walls (since Gyarados tends to be faster than most walls) and things that would like to come in and cripple it with Will-o-Wisp or Thunder Wave. I guess Sub does the same thing and provides a shield, but that eats up HP too.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • True :v and without those lefties gyarados sadly doesn't have much recovery. But yeah, I can definitely see how taunt makes sense on it. It certainly wouldn't appreciate any kind of status in any situation. :I

Also

Obligatory brohoof ^_^

Please rate my battle spot team!

Moist

Years
  • Ok, so I have come up with 6 candidates to replace Gardevoir and M-Kangaskhan. Here they are below, tell me if they are good or not :P

REPLACING GARDEVOIR
    Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Calm nature
    - Roost
    - Air Slash
    - Thunder Wave
    - Heal Bell
    248 HP/8 SPA/252 SpD
    I'm really liking the looks of this moveset, heal bell will help a lot if I get burnt and thunder wave is ALWAYS useful (well not against ground types, but anything else is good)

Klefki @Leftovers
    Prankster
    Careful nature
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Play Rough
    - Toxic
    248 HP/8 DEf/252 SPD
    Really loving this set, anything with entry hazards are good in my book! Being weak to only ground and fire really helps and I can annoy the hell out of an opponent before these keys go down

REPLACING M-KANGASKHAN:
    Blaziken @ Blazikenite
    Speed Boost
    Adamant nature
    - Low Kick
    - Flare Blitz
    - Protect
    - Baton Pass/Swords Dance/Knock Off (Undecided)
    4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE

Manectric @ Manectite
    Lightningrod
    Timid nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Flamethrower
    - Snarl
    - Protect
    4 HP/252 SPA/252 Spe

Gengar @ Gengarite
    Levitate
    Timid nature
    - Will-o-wisp/Taunt (Undecided)
    - Destiny Bond
    - Sludge Wave
    - Focus Blast/Shadow Ball (Undecided)
    4 HP/252 SPA/252 SPE

Lucario @ Lucarionite
    Justified
    Jolly nature
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Tail
    - Bullet Punch
    - Stone Edge
    252 ATK/4 SPD/252 SPE

I know it is a lot more reading but if you guys could help me out on this that would be GREAT!

-1 no Rarity :P
    Spoiler:

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • I think adding Togekiss in conjunction with Manectric could be really solid, Togekiss can pack the bulk and some nice status / utility, as well as give you something that can hit decently with flying type stab, and carrying manectric in the back will give you a nice switch in for thins that threaten togekiss, and vice versa. Calling an electric hit on togekiss or an earthquake against manectric would be especially advantageous between the two, who cover each other nicely. Especially with Mega Manectric gaining intimdate to cover both their more physical weaknesses, like rock and ground.

Gengar can't normally know sludge wave, I believe it's DW move or event - don't thinkkkk it can be TM'd on? Could be wrong though - and on Lucario, I'm also fairly certain unless you breed it in fifth gen, you can't get Iron Tail on it yet - that slot may go better swords dance or protect, protect being to get one turn of safety as it mega evolves, so its mega's higher speed can take effect in seeing who goes first.

Moist

Years
  • I think adding Togekiss in conjunction with Manectric could be really solid, Togekiss can pack the bulk and some nice status / utility, as well as give you something that can hit decently with flying type stab, and carrying manectric in the back will give you a nice switch in for thins that threaten togekiss, and vice versa. Calling an electric hit on togekiss or an earthquake against manectric would be especially advantageous between the two, who cover each other nicely. Especially with Mega Manectric gaining intimdate to cover both their more physical weaknesses, like rock and ground.

oooooo I like I like a lot :D

Gonna test this out on showdown, this sounds like an amazing combo :D

EDIT: Only one problem... both Togekiss and Gyarados have Leftovers. Maybe I'll just slap on a rocky helmet or something on gyarados for now...

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • oooooo I like I like a lot :D

Gonna test this out on showdown, this sounds like an amazing combo :D

EDIT: Only one problem... both Togekiss and Gyarados have Leftovers. Maybe I'll just slap on a rocky helmet or something on gyarados for now...

Hahah you can really lure in an electric attack with Gyarados and Togekiss. Careful though since that stacks electric and rock weaknesses. But um, I've found Lum Berry can work pretty damn well on Gyarados too if you're not using that somewhere else.

Back