• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my Battling team

Angelic Aura

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    Ninjask @ Sitrus berry
    Jolly
    176 HP/252 ATK/80 SPD
    Sustitute
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Baton Pass

Ninjask is in my team to baton pass speed to my other team members and occasionally attack as well. Sustitute keeps it alive while it's speed boost ability gives it the boost to pass to my other team members. It gets an extra sustitute in after sitrus berry takes affect.
    Swords dance is for the turns the sustitue doesn't disappear. Aerial Ace is in case it manages to still have a sustitute and possibly has a swords dance or if the move taunt is used. After Ninjask has used as many sustitutes as it can it will baton pass to another team member, garchomp or lucario if it got swords dance and lucario garchomp or starmie if it only recieved the boosts from Speed boost.

Lucario @ Focus sash
    Naive
    inner focus
    252 SPD/129 ATK/129 Sp.ATK
    Extremespeed
    Closecombat
    Dark pulse
    Psychic

If Ninjask baton passes it's speed boost then Lucario will likely have the speed to outrun the foe and deal damage and possibly if it recieved swords dances boost ko multiple pokemon before they can harm it (or finish it off if it was hit after baton pass and focas sash takes affect).

Garchomp @ Yache berry
    Adamant
    252 ATK/252 SPD/6 Sp.Def
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Fang

Garchomp's yache berry will protect it from the full damage of Ice attacks hopefully saving it. Sandstorm takes advantage of it's ability Sand veil and damages the opponent unless it's a steel, rock, or ground type. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are Stab moves to deal damage with garchomps high attack.
    Fire Fang helps ko ice types as well as being super effective to pokemon like Bronzong and Skarmory.

Starmie @ Shell Bell
    Modest
    Natural cure
    160 HP/132 Sp.ATK/216 SPD
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Ice beam
    Surf

Starmie is the special sweeper on my team, it has surf as a stab move.
    Ice beam hits pesky dragon types and ground types. Thunderbolt deals with most fellow water types and Skarmory. Recover is to heal HP when Starmie starts getting low. Starmie has a farely high Sp.Atk and deals a fair amount of damage so I gave it shell bell.

Tangrowth @ Enigma Berry
    Impish
    chorophyl
    200 HP/200 ATK/76 DEF/32 SPD
    Leech seed
    Power whip
    Knock off
    Sleep powder

Tangrowth serves as a physical wall. Knock off gets rid of the foes held item. Sleep powder puts them to sleep hopefully for a while. Leech seed heals tangrowths while dealing damage to the foe every turn. Power whip deals stab damage. Enigma berry heals HP once if tangrowth is hit by a super effective move.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Natural cure
    80 Sp. ATK/216 Sp. DEF/ 252 DEF
    Aromatherapy
    Icebeam
    Toxic
    Softboiled

Blissey is the special wall on my team and also plays the role of cleric. It's massive amount of HP makes it extremely hard to KO. Toxic poisons most foes to do an increasing amount of damage. Ice beam works with Blissey's best attack and hits every type. Aromatherapy heals the entire team of status problems they may have encountered. And when blissey's HP gets low it has Softboiled to heal half the damage as well as leftovers to heal some of it's HP every turn.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Ninjask @ Sitrus berry
    Jolly
    176 HP/252 ATK/80 SPD
    Sustitute
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Baton Pass

Ninjask is in my team to baton pass speed to my other team members and occasionally attack as well. Sustitute keeps it alive while it's speed boost ability gives it the boost to pass to my other team members. It gets an extra sustitute in after sitrus berry takes affect.
    Swords dance is for the turns the sustitue doesn't disappear. Aerial Ace is in case it manages to still have a sustitute and possibly has a swords dance or if the move taunt is used. After Ninjask has used as many sustitutes as it can it will baton pass to another team member, garchomp or lucario if it got swords dance and lucario garchomp or starmie if it only recieved the boosts from Speed boost.
    OK. Might consider X-Scissor instead of AA but whatevs

Lucario @ Focus sash
    Naive
    inner focus
    Extremespeed
    Closecombat
    Dark pulse
    Psychic

If Ninjask baton passes it's speed boost then Lucario will likely have the speed to outrun the foe and deal damage and possibly if it recieved swords dances boost ko multiple pokemon before they can harm it (or finish it off if it was hit after baton pass and focas sash takes affect).

Not an expert on mixed Luke. Might want Aura Sphere, but I could be wrong.

Garchomp @ Yache berry
    Adamant
    252 ATK/252 SPD/6 Sp.Def
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Fang

Garchomp's yache berry will protect it from the full damage of Ice attacks hopefully saving it. Sandstorm takes advantage of it's ability Sand veil and damages the opponent unless it's a steel, rock, or ground type. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are Stab moves to deal damage with garchomps high attack.
    Fire Fang helps ko ice types as well as being super effective to pokemon like Bronzong and Skarmory.
    Jolly and Swords Dance my friend. Sandstorm is a convenience, not a necessity. If you really want it, go get a T-Tar or Hippow.

Starmie @ Shell Bell
    Modest
    Natural cure
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Ice beam
    Surf

Ice beam hits pesky dragon types and ground types. Thunderbolt deals with most fellow water types and Skarmory. Recover is to heal HP when Starmie starts getting low. Starmie has a farely high Sp.Atk and deals a fair amount of damage so I gave it shell bell.
    Assuming I know what I'm talking about, Starmie wants Specs if it is going ot be your main Sp.Attack. Otherwise it's usually a Spinner and Gyara counter.

Tangrowth @ Enigma Berry
    Impish
    chorophyl
    200 HP/200 ATK/76 DEF/32 SPD
    Leech seed
    Power whip
    Knock off
    Sleep powder

Tangrowth serves as a physical wall. Knock off gets rid of the foes held item. Sleep powder puts them to sleep hopefully for a while. Leech seed heals tangrowths while dealing damage to the foe every turn. Power whip deals stab damage. Enigma berry heals HP once if tangrowth is hit by a super effective move.

Once again, not an expert.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Natural cure
    Aromatherapy
    Icebeam
    Toxic
    Softboiled

Blissey is the special wall on my team and also plays the role of cleric. It's massive amount of HP makes it extremely hard to KO. Toxic poisons most foes to do an increasing amount of damage. Ice beam works with Blissey's best attack and hits every type. Aromatherapy heals the entire team of status problems they may have encountered. And when blissey's HP gets low it has Softboiled to heal half the damage as well as leftovers to heal some of it's HP every turn.

No. Blissey, unless the times have changed and I just haven't kept up, always runs S- Toss. Period. I would give it that over Aromatherapy or Ice Beam. If you lose Ice Beam, give it some HP EVs.

Comments in Bold. Sorry I'm not very helpful with Tangrowth and Luke, I don't do much with them.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Ninjask @ Sitrus berry Lum Berry/ Leftovers
    Jolly
    176 HP/252 ATK/80 SPD
    Sustitute
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Baton Pass

Sitrus Berry is a disgusting item for battling, unless its Little Cup, which recovers too much for Little Cup. Since its a lead, go with Lum Berry or Leftovers.

Lucario @ Focus sash
    Naive
    inner focus
    Extremespeed
    Closecombat
    Dark pulse
    Psychic

Lucario@ Life orb
    Jolly/Adamant Nature
    252 Speed/ 252 Atk/ 6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Crunch/ Stone Edge
    Extremespeed
    OK, you're never going to BP off to this guy if you know you're in danger, so Focus Sash isn't needed. Also, you should take advantage of Luke's better Atk. stat, and run SD Luke. 1 more thing: ALWAYS RUN YOUR EVS IN MULTIPPLES OF 4.

Garchomp @ Yache berry
    Adamant
    252 ATK/252 SPD/6 Sp.Def
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Fang

Yache Chomp is fine, I would put Swords Dance>> Sandstorm though. As Matt said earlier, sandstorm is not needed, but can be helpful. in this case, it hinders most of your team, since they don't have lefties.

Starmie @ Shell Bell Life Orb
    Modest
    Natural cure
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Ice beam
    Surf

Ew, Shell Bell. Life Orb over it, or run Specs Star, drop Recover, give it Grass Knot, and slap choice specs on it.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Impish
    chorophyl
    200 HP/200 ATK/76 DEF/32 SPD 252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 6 ATK
    Leech seed
    Power whip
    Knock off
    Sleep powder

The moveset is ok, the EVs and item are not. You want Leftovers for a better recovery, and since its a physical wall, it needs more defense on it.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Natural cure
    Aromatherapy
    Icebeam
    Toxic
    Softboiled

Standard, so I won't care about this. Also, fyi, Ice beam is mainly for chompy and thedragons, not for hitting things. If you want to, you could put S-Toss>> Ice Beam and squeeze those sp. atk. evs into sp. def. and HP.

Commnets in bold. All-out attacking HP Ice Mixape easily beats this team, including Star, who dies in 2 hits to Grass Knot. A revenge killer here could be good, or a DD LO Gyara over Luke could be a good idea, since very few mixapes carry around HP Electric.

Gyarados@ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    72 HP/ 252 Atk/ 184 Speed

Dragon Dance
    Earthquake/ Bite
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang/ Stone Edge

You can choose between the choices given. Bite is there so starmie doesn't lol at you, EQ is there for those annoying electrics, Waterfall for STAB, and either Ice fang for Chompy or Stone Edge if Chompy doesn't worry you.

I would put Gyara over Luke, as it's a main person who dies to mixape, and Chomp can come in, survive with Yache, and KO w/ EQ.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    hardc0rerock, Recover on Starmie is essential for countering Mixape and friends. As is the set (though Leftovers would be very appreciated over Shell Bell. Which does...nothing.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Someone is being ignorant and not READING the post Fabian was responding to.

Also, you should take advantage of Luke's better Atk. stat

That's what he said, and Fabian posted that his SpA was higher.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    There were no quotes nor any mentions of replying to anything. It was an honest mistake due to a somewhat random reply. Don't go throwing words like "ignorant" around for a simple mistake. I'm not trying to be partonizing or rude, so lets just end this discussion here.

On topic, Sitrus Berry is sort of fail outside of the Little Cup. Leftovers GOGOGO

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • The only thing not good i\here is that your Blissey has "only" 178 EV SpD, 216 makes it pass the EV maximum.
    Besides...great!

Years
  • There were no quotes nor any mentions of replying to anything. It was an honest mistake due to a somewhat random reply. Don't go throwing words like "ignorant" around for a simple mistake. I'm not trying to be partonizing or rude, so lets just end this discussion here.

On topic, Sitrus Berry is sort of fail outside of the Little Cup.

Um, Oran berry is better in LC and it really doesn't matter with Lucario's stats, the Atk and SAtk are so close, that you can go either way. Although, trying to run a mixed set limits its damage output. Probably better just running SDLuke if you are going to be passing speed to it...

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • SD Luke is a lot better than Specs Luke IMO, especially if someone gives it speed. CM Luke/ Specs Luke isn't horrible, however.

hardc0rerock, Recover on Starmie is essential for countering Mixape and friends. As is the set (though Leftovers would be very appreciated over Shell Bell. Which does...nothing.

One thing: I meant that he should drop recover if he was gonna run SpecsStar. If he goes LO or Lefties, then he needs Recover.

Max™

Needs to scarfduggy
    Years
  • Well, luke can run both cuz theyre close and have their advantages, I run mixcario to screw gliscor over

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    56spatt/252speed/200att
    30 speed IV
    HP [Ice]
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed
    Close Combat

HP Ice will OHKO Gliscor IIRC. Close Combat for STABed. Swords Dance for the extra power and Bullet Punch for Gengar. You can run Espeed over that though

Back