• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen please rate my bt team.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Shineyelectrode said:
    There are four pokemon I'd like, please tell me which three to use in battle tower.

ludiluco@?
    -surf/mega drain
    -leech seed
    -rain dance
    -toxic

An awesome annoyer.

*Surf/Mega Drain can be changed to rest/dive to have more healing power... however Ludicolo's annoying power got famous and now every single living Breloom have bombs to destroy them. Plus stat buffers with rest will be the end of Ludicolo...*

Heracross@silver powder
    -mega horn
    -HP bug power 70
    -brick break
    -EQ/Sky uppercut

Basically a phys sweeper

*there's no point in weakening your stats only to get another hidden power of the same type... change HP Bug to HP Ghost/earthquake. Make the last slot bulk up. Another possibility is the reversing Heracross which is very risky but can be a powerful sweeper. Plus there's no need for both sky uppercut and brick break when brick break is the obvious better choice over the 2 attack*

Dusclops@leftovers
    -toxic
    -night shade
    -Will-0-Wisp
    -curse

Basically an annoyer/tank

*Dusclops cannot possibly "tank" when there's no rest along with toxic/will o wisp contradictiion... wipe out curse and toxic for rest and confuse ray (to make it standard) if you want to be annoying... Austin suggested Shadowball but not sure if Dusclops can really do much of anything with such a low attack power... can always try though.*

Metagross@metal coat/??
    -meteor mash
    -psychic
    -light screen
    -reflect

A combo of tank/phys sweep/special sweep

*light screen and reflect together is a big no no for Metagross... got much better things to do. Meteor Mash/Psychic/Earthquake(/Shadow Ball)/Rest. If FRLG is going to get involved, check out Mana Lugia and Kairi's thread of Metagross in the strategy section*
    *<25 word filter... the change is written above>*

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
    hey i know this guy wanted you to rate his, but im guessing he got enough info.
    So im wondering if you could rate my two teams.

Shiftry/miricle seed
    thief
    synthesis
    extrasensory
    razor wind

Swampert/sea essence
    protect
    endeavor
    hydropump
    eathquake

Bellossom/Miricle seed
    sunny day
    moonlight
    solar beam
    petal dance

walrein/quickclaw
    hail
    ice beam
    body slam
    sheer cold

manectric/shell bell
    bite
    thunder
    spark
    thunderbolt
    (i know this is a horrible move set)

heracross/focus band
    counter
    brick break
    reversal
    horn attack

also i just made this one

Jirachi/twisted spoon
    doom desire
    psychic
    wish
    double-edge

also im wondering wat a lum berry does, where its located. Thanks =)

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    take Dusclops[calm]-rest, mean look, curse, double team@ chesto berry.
    Next time please post their personalities and would somebody move this thread to the Strategies section....i think it is turning into a shiny discussion again so i guess it doesn't make swnse.
    I wish i had a shiny Metagross - ur really lucky Shineyelectrode..............

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    take Dusclops[calm]-rest, mean look, curse, double team@ chesto berry.
    Next time please post their personalities and would somebody move this thread to the Strategies section....i think it is turning into a shiny discussion again so i guess it doesn't make swnse.
    I wish i had a shiny Metagross - ur really lucky Shineyelectrode..............

have 5 pokemon in party, save before you pick up the pokeball.
    Pick it up, if shiney, restart from save, in about 72 hours (not total, I mean time playing, good thing I had my leaf green rom!) you should pick up a shiney.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Furikuri Otaku said:
    can someone check my team? its up above =/
    *like stated already, it's near impossible to rate without stating their personality... plus perhaps a few lines of description of why you use such and such moves will help too (so we know what you're looking for)*

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    You need a fe lines why I chose these moves? ok, and all their natures are adamant, quirky, or the others that don't give any stat changes.

Shineyelectrode said:
    There are four pokemon I'd like, please tell me which three to use in battle tower.

ludiluco@?
    -surf/mega drain
    -leech seed
    -rain dance
    -toxic

I leech seed, rain dance, and toxic, so that they die rapidly, and I heal, an awesome annoyer, but not good for much else, and when I need to, I have an attack move to use.

Heracross@silver powder
    -mega horn
    -HP bug power 70
    -brick break
    -EQ/Sky uppercut

Basically a phys sweeper, what else is there to say? except I might replace HP bug with electric.

Dusclops@leftovers
    -toxic
    -night shade
    -Will-0-Wisp
    -curse

Basically an annoyer/tank Yeah, now that I think about it, this set sucks, but I'm leaving him out of the team.

Metagross@metal coat/??
    -meteor mash
    -psychic
    -light screen
    -reflect

A combo of tank/phys sweep/special sweep I already used my shadow ball and EQ tms, so any other suggestions? why I chose light screen reflect is to boost it's ability as a tank, then simply anialate with MM and psychic.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    So which one has adament, which has quirky etc it is really important that u state that.What sense is it having a Dusclops with adamant personality....

Give me some advice on this pokemon
    Articuno[Modest]-ice beam, protect, reflect, HP water @leftovers........
    this is just what i thought of.......

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    So which one has adament, which has quirky etc it is really important that u state that.What sense is it having a Dusclops with adamant personality....

Give me some advice on this pokemon
    Articuno[Modest]-ice beam, protect, reflect, HP waterReplace with surf, surf has 95 power, most hidden power can get is 70. @leftovers........
    this is just what i thought of.......

sorry, got my natures confused, they each have natures thatdo not affect stats.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *neutral natures are really poor... that extra 10% is a very nice bonus that you'll be needing...*

*as for Ice Demon's Articuno...

Articuno(1vs1)- calm @ leftovers- PRESSURE
    -mind reader/protect/fly
    -sheer cold
    -ice beam
    -reflect/rest

Sorry to tell you but Articuno just can't do anything but sheer cold... if you want an ice type sweeper Regice and many other Pokemon does the job better... As nothing else have the poor x4 rock weakness which is chaos to HP Rock and now with FRLG's Rock Slide.*

Back