• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Deck!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
  • Please rate my deck! It's the second Pokemon deck I've made. The first one was named "Mewtwo's Revenge", which was based on two Mewtwo cards of mine and other Psychic-types. I only played one game with it against a friend who had a deck that he just threw together, and he beat me big time. At the end of the game, I saw that my best card was on the bottom of the deck. The very last card. I just couldn't believe it. I took that one apart, and put together a new one today named "Legendary Storm". It's based on Psychic and Electric-type Pokemon.

Pokemon:
    Latios (promo 15)
    Latias (promo 14)
    Mewtwo ex (ex: R&S)
    Natu (Neo Discovery)
    Xatu (Neo Discovery)
    Girafarig (Neo Genesis)
    Mr. Mime (Aquapolis)
    Shuppet (ex: Dragon)
    Eevee (Neo Discovery)
    Espeon (ex: Sandstorm)
    Mareep (Neo Genesis)
    Mareep (Aquapolis)
    Flaaffy (Neo Genesis)
    Flaaffy (Neo Revelation)
    Ampharos (Aquapolis)
    Ampharos ex (ex: Dragon)
    Electrike (ex: R&S no. 53)
    Pikachu (Expedition no. 124)

Trainers:
    Pokemon Breeder Fields (Neo Revelation)
    Old Rod (Neo Revalation)
    Energy Stadium (Neo Destiny)
    Heal Powder (Neo Destiny)
    Dual Ball (Expedition)
    Pokemon Nurse (Expedition)
    Full Heal (Expedition)
    Switch (Expedition)
    Pokemon Fan Club (Aquapolis)
    Seer (Aquapolis)
    Lady Outing (ex: R&S)
    Oran Berry (ex: R&S)
    Potion (ex: R&S)

Energies:
    Recycle Energy (Neo Genesis)
    Boost Energy (Aquapolis)
    Psychic energy: 15
    Electric energy: 8
    Water energy: 2
    Fire Energy: 2

Please rate! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    too many singles, too many evolution lines, not enough useful trainers.

Keep tryin, tho. Read some of the strategy hints at the top of the topics page.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Ok, thanks. I'll read that and put together a better deck. I have 900 Pokemon cards so I'm sure I could do it. ^_^

Ice Lugia

Author and Role-Player
    Years
  • The two each of fire and water are not too useful. When you do need them, the chances of drawing are too slim, and if you draw without needing, it wastes a draw. Some trainers are unfamiliar to me, but I would recommend a few more healing and support items. Also, your Pokemon are on the strong end and require many energy cards. Add some things which can attack sooner and require fewer cards for the start of a game while you bench the stronger Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ice Lugia

Author and Role-Player
    Years
  • You're very welcome. Also, remember that Eevee has many evolutions. You may want to consider four Eevees and whatever evolutions you think may fit. Remember the 4-2-1 rule with evolution chains, though you can have three instead of two evolutions of Eevee with no problems. Also, your numerous lines make trainers which allow you to look for a specific evolution card to be all too useful. I also have a final hint, but it appears to have disappeared from my train of thought. Oh, and on another note unrelated to what has been lost on my train of thought, take a look at special effects that Pokemon have, especially the original three Legendaries. Well, the original Zapdos. I forgot the effect, but it is electric. Also look at Moltres' "Fire Bringer" and Articuno's "Quick Freeze". I know; I'm trapped in the era of the first few sets of cards, though they do have their advantages.

Ice Lugia

Author and Role-Player
    Years
  • What is its Pokemon Power? If it's "Fire Bringer" or something along those lines, yes. Otherwise, perhaps. I meant the one that gives you up to five fire energies when you play it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    That is the "Wildfire" Moltres, which was widely considered one of the better rogue decks about 3 years ago. Now, however, it's not good at best due to its heavy dependence on lots of energy.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Hmmm... that's not mine. :( Mine has Wildfire (1 fire energy) "You may discard any number of fire energy cards attached to Moltres when you use this attack. If you do, discard that many cards from the top of your opponents deck.", and Dive Bomb (4 fire energy) 80 damage, "Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing"

EDIT: You beat me, Bullados.

Ice Lugia

Author and Role-Player
    Years
  • Bullados said:
    That is the "Wildfire" Moltres, which was widely considered one of the better rogue decks about 3 years ago. Now, however, it's not good at best due to its heavy dependence on lots of energy.
    Like I said, I'm stuck with the Base Set and the few expansions after it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    also, to my knowledge, there is no Moltres card (or any card for that matter) that attaches 5 energies from anywhere to anything. There is the Entei from Neo: Revelations that has you discard the top 5 cards from your deck and place any energy there on any fire Poke that you'd like.

Ice Lugia

Author and Role-Player
    Years
  • It's Pokemon Power puts fire energies into your hand. I believe you flip five coins and get as many energies as you do heads.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    I know what you're talking about. It's not an actual PTCG card, rather it's a card made specifically for the PTCG video game that was released back in 99. It was never released as an actual card.

Back