• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Please Rate My Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
Years
  • Well, I recently restarted my game in Pkmn Diamond and I planned out a team for the Elite. I would like you all to rate them plz.

Torterra: Grass/Goround
    Leaf Storm
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer
    Crunch

Floatzel: Water
    Ice Fang
    Razor Wind
    Water Pulse
    Brine

Honchcrow: Dark/Flying
    Night Slash
    Dark Pulse
    Fly
    Aerial Ace

Lopunny: Normal
    Dizzy Punch
    Ice Beam
    Bounce
    Jump Kick

Weavile: Dark/Ice
    Shadow Claw
    Blizzard
    Poison Jab
    Slash

Lucario: Steel/Fighting
    Aura Sphere
    Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Dragon Pulse

So, what do you think?

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • Movesets. Plus, in-game teams don't matter. You can pick any combo. Didn't you just see a mod delete another thread exactly like this?

True, in-game team rate threads are usually closed. However, I can say that this team does have competitive battle potential. It's quite a good selection of Pokemon.

Sceptile16, if this thread gets moved, be sure to edit your first post to include your Pokemon's EVs (if you applied them), Natures, and Hold Items. They are what we base our moveset suggestions on, and we have to know them to effectively assist you in adjusting your team.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Yeah, as an experienced S&M person, EVs and nature and item are needed. Also, you'll have to say that this is for wi-fi, since most ppl there usually adhere to Shoddy Battle standards. If you don't know waht Shoddy is, google it.

i can give you a small taste of waht the S&M guys are gonna say, though:

-Torterra's main functions is a "physical tank", and shouldn't have special moves due to its low special attack.Opt for Leech Seed and Subsitute over Leaf Storm and Crunch.

- The Floatzel set is a fail altogether. Aqua Jet, Ice Fang, Baton Pass, and Agility/Bulk Up should be an ok moveset.

-Honchkrow doesn't need Dark Pulse. Aerial Ace is lol since it has Drill Peck. Go Drill Peck>> Aerial Ace and put Roost in there somewhere, probly over Dark Pulse.

-Lopunny doesn't need any of that stuff. It should be used more as a "support" Pokemon.

- Weavile should be in front and have Ice Shard, Ice Punch, Night Slash or Pursuit, and BrickBreak.

- THe only move on Lucario's set htat should stay on there is Aura Sphere. Get Shadow Ball, Agility, and Hidden Power(HP) Ice or Dragon Pulse.

This is merely a taste of what you'll get from S&M. EVs, nature, and item are important. Also be sure to have plenty of other pokemon to back you up, because they may recommend subbing some pokemon out.

Be sure to edit this post with EVs ASAP. If you don't know the EVs, they might have an EV calculator somewhere... I'm not sure about that. Also, the Hidden Powers are going to be hard to determine if you don't know the IVs. They have IV calculators around the Internet to. If this does get moved, everything I havent explained is in a bunch of Sticky guides.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It's quite a good selection of Pokemon.

No it isnt. Even if we were rating off of composition alone it's severly lacking. 4 fire weaks, 3 fight weaks and no resist, no walls, and nothing capable of using special attacks Other than lucario. This is obviously not a competetive team, and as such they will not be EV trained and will need redoing anyway.

Hybrid Fury

#1 Fan of Misdreavus
    Years
  • Your team isn't bad, but some of them moves whether aren't necessary, or too inaccurate.

I recommend teaching more accurate moves. Like instead of Blizzard, teach Ice Beam.
    Also, instead of weak moves like Water Pulse, teach Surf.

Believe me, you won't regret it.

As your team is now, I give it a 7/10, but just work on the move sets a bit and they will be awesome.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I think the team is fine...I would suggest you put in your Ev's and hold items, maybe levels too.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • No it isnt. Even if we were rating off of composition alone it's severly lacking. 4 fire weaks, 3 fight weaks and no resist, no walls, and nothing capable of using special attacks Other than lucario. This is obviously not a competetive team, and as such they will not be EV trained and will need redoing anyway.

Individually they are. Torterra, Floatzel, Honchkrow, Weavile, and Lucario are very good Pokemon. Well, maybe not so much Honchkrow due to lacking speed and defenses... Lopunny must go, though.

Altogether, sure, it's full of attackers and a random insert (Lopunny). I did say that it needed adjusting. We just need the much awaited details.

Years
  • Well...

Well, I recently restarted my game in Pkmn Diamond and I planned out a team for the Elite. I would like you all to rate them plz.

Torterra: Grass/Goround
    Leaf Storm
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer
    Crunch

Floatzel: Water
    Ice Fang
    Razor Wind
    Water Pulse
    Brine

Honchcrow: Dark/Flying
    Night Slash
    Dark Pulse
    Fly
    Aerial Ace

Lopunny: Normal
    Dizzy Punch
    Ice Beam
    Bounce
    Jump Kick

Weavile: Dark/Ice
    Shadow Claw
    Blizzard
    Poison Jab
    Slash

Lucario: Steel/Fighting
    Aura Sphere
    Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Dragon Pulse

So, what do you think?
    Well your team is alright but you could take away Lopuny and maybe{if possible}use a wairlord or Sceptile instead?!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    You could teach fire blast to your lucario since you don't have a fire type.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I don't know man...some of those I don't have a clue who they are mostly cuz I'm into Kanto regions so much.

I'll say 6/10

(Whoo hoo 50th Post!)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Any in-game team works, really, if you work hard enough. And since this is not upto S&M's standards, I'm going to close it. Please look in the stickies at Strategies and Movesets forum if you require any more information.

*locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back