• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Team!

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    *Please note these are used for double battles.

Magnezone Lv. 70
    Bold/ Scatters Things Often
    Magnet Pull
    Magnet/ Shucca Berry

HP 219
    Atk. 108
    Def. 200
    Sp. Atk. 243
    Sp. Def. 146
    Speed 104

Protect
    Thunder Wave
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon

----

Hitmontop Lv. 70
    Bashful/ Sturdy Body
    Technitian
    Black Belt
    HP 204
    Atk. 170
    Def. 191
    Sp. Atk. 66
    Sp. Def. 176
    Speed 124

Fake Out
    Mach Punch
    Close Combat
    Earthquake
    ----

Drapion Lv. 70
    Bold/ Highly Persistent
    Sniper
    Black Sludge

HP 232
    Atk. 124
    Def. 221
    Sp. Atk. 91
    Sp. Def. 119
    Speed 152

Acupressure
    Thunder Fang
    Sludge Bomb
    Earthquake
    ----

Empoleon Lv. 72
    Calm/ Highly Persistent
    Torrent
    Wide Lense

HP 222
    Atk. 150
    Def. 173
    Sp. Atk. 189
    Sp. Def. 190
    Speed 117

Hydro Pump
    Blizzard
    Drill Peck
    Aqua Jet
    ----

Togekiss Lv. 79
    Hasty/ Alert to Sounds
    Serene Grace
    Chesto Berry

HP 266
    Atk. 119
    Def. 176
    Sp. Atk. 230
    Sp. Def. 194
    Speed 176

AntientPower
    Water Pulse
    Air Slash
    Rest
    ----

Dragonite Lv. 70
    Gentle/ Likes to thrash about
    Inner Focus
    Dragon Fang

HP 217
    Atk. 240
    Def. 144
    Sp. Atk. 150
    Sp. Def. 184
    Speed 161

ThunderPunch
    Thunder Wave
    Roost
    Dragon Claw
    ----

Open to all suggestions, even pokemon replacement, especially in the case of Empoleon and Magnezone (though still should perform the same functions)

Sara Yamamoto

Adult Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    Your Empoleon is really good. It can gain a stat boost from hydro pump. You might want to replace Magnezone. It looks like it would go down fast from fire and ground types. You should also throw in a uber as they can take a hit.

Years
  • I dont have time to post a full list of recommendations or anything for movesets because I have to get to work shortly.
    However I must recommend that you go for some more type coverage in your movesets, pick attacks that are going to be able to hit what your pokemon are weak to for super effective damage.
    Also, it will be a pain to retrain them, but they all need better natures, one that will benefit their base stats.
    Dragonite for example, the ideal nature for him would be Adamant because it benefits his high attack stat. Then you need to pick attacks that are of a physical nature.
    For example;
    Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Thunder Punch/Roost.
    DD to up Dragonites Attack and Speed + Roost to heal any damage taken while setting up.
    Dragon Claw is STAB and you get to hit other dragons for super effective damage.
    ThunderPunch will hit all those pesky water types that people teach Ice attacks too.

Itll just be a matter of research and trial and error for you until you get to where you want to be.

Type-'splosion

Martin Redwin
    Years
  • Nice set of sweepers though I'am not a great fan of Magnezone.
    Maybe Dragonite would do well with substitute and focus punch, it would go well with roost. making it a aggressive tank pokemon. up to you what you do. good luck with it.

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    There seems to be a distaste for Magnezone among this forum. Upon further research I have found that

every single one of you is right.

Magnezone is an utter waste of scrap metal that can't take a ground attack to save its hollow shell of a poke-life. So, a replacement. This one too has a double weakness, but it is far less common and, in my experience, stands up better when hit by it. Here it is, the new anti-grass/ flying/ ground/ rock/ fire/ bug...and it's stamina would test the patience of a monk,

Cradilly Lv. 75
    Docile/ Very Finicky
    Suction Cups
    Leftovers

HP 248
    ATK 182
    DEF 173
    SP ATK 149
    SP DEF 173
    SPEED 100

Stockpile
    Recover
    Energy Ball
    Rock Slide

Also, I'm gutting Dragonite from the lineup. Two double weaknesses to ice is a recipie for utter disaster. However, I have not decided on what it will be replaced by. I want a heavy attack hitter...so I've thought about putting my Scisor in again. Possibly Mamoswine, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, or Metagross. I'd really like the stamina of a steel type, but the sluggishness is a definite drawback. Thoughts on this?

*edit: thanks to everyone for the praise, and even moreso for the constructive criticism.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Well, Cradily actually has no double weakness. It's weak to fighting, bug, steel, and ice but none is a double weakness. Cradily is pretty decent so I'd recommend it.

I agree and recommend you drop Dragonite but not just because of his 4x weakness to ice. It's simply because by adding Cradily you've made half your team susceptible to ice. I'd recommend you put in Scizor to help against that ice weakness of cradily and togekiss. Don't go with metagross because then half your team is weak to ground. (Empoleon, Drapion, and Metagross).

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I ended up going with Rapidash. Yes, it does make my team susceptible to ground-types, but between Empoleon and Cradilly, they aren't much of a problem.

Rapidash
    Sassy/ Good Perseverance
    Wide Lense

Hypnosis
    Morning Sun
    Flare Blitz
    Megahorn

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Alright, I'll try to help with the Pokemon you currently have.

Hitmontop:
    -Pursuit
    -Close Combat
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Pursuit allows you to hit Ghosts and Psychics, and Stone Edge or Rock Slide hit your Flying Weakness. Close Combat for STAB, and Earthquake is a good power move. I recommend an Adamant nature here. It works best for all of its physical attacks.

Drapion:
    Adamant
    -Cross Poison
    -Crunch
    -Thunder Fang
    -Earthquake

That's my recommend moveset for Drapion.

Empoleon:
    Mild/Rash
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Surf
    -Drill Peck

This is my recommend set for Empoleon. Surf and Ice Beam over Hydro Pump and Blizzard's less-than-perfect accuracy. Drill Peck to hit its Fighting weakness, and Grass Knot + Ice Beam = Perfect type coverage. Every type is hit for at least neutral damage. A Mild or Rash nature helps without weaknening its Atk stat.

The only thing for Tokegiss I suggest is Roost over Rest, as you don't need a Chesto Berry. And a Modest or Speed-boosting Nature such as Jolly as well.

Your Cradily set is good enough, although a Bold nature will make it more defensive.

I also recommend an Adamant Nature for your Rapidash. It's moveset is good enough.

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
  • While strength wise this looks like a good team, but type wise not so much. A suggestion, try using pokemon that can back each other up type wise. for instance, half of your pokemon are weak against ice types. Try having a fire type or something else to help back you up in a strength vs weakness situation. another example from my line up: while my charizard is my strongest pokemon i have a meganium to switch out with in case a water type comes up. So do you get what i'm saying?

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    As far as the rest vs. roost thing, if I could get another roost TM I would use it.

Empoleon is going to know Ice Beam as soon as I migrate a TM. Grass knot is a great idea, but it has to know Aqua Jet because it's a swan song move. Empoleon is slow, so Aqua Jet lets it give whatever it's fighting one last poke in the eye before dying. I don't like power move after power move. I fight tricky. In my experience, trainers that use only attack moves lose battles.

The general model for my pokemon's moveset is as follows:

First strike move/ Stat altering move
    Recovery move/ Move with added effect (I.E, Brine -added damage below 50% HP- )
    High power move
    High power move

Edit:
    Hitmontop swapped Mach Punch for Succer Punch
    Cradilly has forgotten Antientpower for Rock Tomb
    Empoleon's moveset is as follows:
    Brine
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Claw
    Drill Peck
    *The Game Corner man in SS says Empoleon's Hidden Power is Psychic type. If it is 6+ power, I will exchange Drill Peck for Hidden Power because Empoleon's Sp. Atk. is about 50 higher than its Attack, plus most fighting types have uber low Sp. Def. in comparison to Def.
    Drapion's moveset is as follows:
    Accupressure
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang

*Was thinking about Heat Wave instead of Water Pulse for Togekiss

Last edited:
    Back