• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate new team of mine

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    Kabutops NN- Zealot

Rock Slide
    X-Scissor
    Waterfall
    Brick Break

Electrode NN- Mercy

Thunderbolt
    Magnet Rise
    Rollout
    Gyro Ball

Ninetales NN- Equinox

Hypnosis
    Flamethrower
    Calm Mind
    Energy Ball

Nidoking NN- Colossus

Iron Tail
    Megahorn
    Thunderbolt
    Avalanche/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Sableye NN-Paradox

Shadow Claw
    Zen Headbutt
    Payback
    Will-o-Wisp

Lanturn NN- Torrent

Aqua Ring
    Surf
    Discharge
    Ice Beam

I would really like suggestions for items, moves, and natures. Thanks in advance!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    EVs, Natures please. Can't give an effective rate without them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    This team is currently in the "concept" stage and hasnt really been made yet. I am just wondering if this team would be good and what natures I would need to maximize efficiency. If thats ok.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well, what do YOU want to do with your team. We're not here to do all the work. You need to put some effort into it. Then we can effectively rate and fix what's wrong.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Nature, Item, EV's... WHERE ARE THEY??????? Add them or no one will vote.. umm I mean rate.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    Well, there isn't enough information for us to give a very effective rate, but here's what I know...

Kabutops needs Rain Dance and the Swift Swim trait if it wants to sweep.

Gyro Ball on Electrode is MASSIVELY FAIL because it is the fastest non-uber, non-Ninjask Pokemon. Gyro Ball would be stuck on 25 Base Power for only 5 turns of use.

Ninetails needs Nasty Plot instead of Calm Mind. You'll need to get that SAtk up as much as possible before you get OHKO'd by EQ or otherwise.

Nidoking can't carry Special Attacks well, so Thunderbolt is a no. Iron Tail is simply a terrible move, so no to that too. Try using Megahorn, Poison Jab, Earthquake, and possibly Crunch.

Sableye is disturbingly fail... For a Pokemon that used to have no weakness (which it does now, thanks to Kangaskhan and Miltank), it really is frail. If you insist on using it, go with Knock Off, Night Shade, Protect, and Toxic.

The set you provided Lanturn is good. Just give it Modest Nature, full HP and SAtk EVs, and the Volt Absorb trait, and you're good to go.

Last edited:

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    Kabutops NN- Zealot
    [Adamant]
    [252atk/ 252spd/ 6hp]
    [Rain dance]
    X-Scissor
    Waterfall
    Brick Break

Electrode NN- Mercy
    [timid]
    [252spatk/ 252spd/ 6hp]
    Thunderbolt/ [thunder]
    [HP ground/ ice]
    [Explosion]
    can't think of fourth move but absolutely no gyro ball

Ninetales NN- Equinox

Hypnosis/ [WoW]
    Flamethrower
    [Nasty Plot]
    Energy Ball

Nidoking NN- Colossus
    [Adamant]
    [252atk/ 172 def/ 86hp]
    [Poison jab]
    Megahorn
    [Crunch]
    Avalanche/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Rock Slide

[possibly a tank]

Sableye NN-Paradox

Shadow Claw
    Zen Headbutt
    Payback
    Will-o-Wisp

Lanturn NN- Torrent

Aqua Ring
    Surf
    Discharge
    Ice Beam

I would really like suggestions for items, moves, and natures. Thanks in advance!

Just no to sabeleye use something else a wall possibly milotic or a regi. Changes in [:p]

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    Ok thank you for that. What is WoW besides World of Warcraft? (I dislike that game) Also I am going to re-think Sableye and Electrode, put some different ones in. Also Iron tail has 100 base damage. Not exactly crappy in my book.

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I think the reason why steel is such a bad offensive type is because steal type attacks are only effective against Ice and Rock. Plus Ice and Rock can be beaten easily with other attacks. Ice and can be beaten by Fire and rock can be beaten by water.

Nidoking could have Thunderpunch if you are scared of water types.

WoW = Will-O-Wisp

Just a question, I see a fair bit of water types, two semi water Pokemon, is there any reason behind this?

Spice Curry

"...For that, your game ends."
    Years
    Spiritomb is the new Sableye. Except it's infinitely better.

Eh? No Kaboom on Electrode?

[Electrode]@ Lum Berry/Expert Belt/Liechi Berry*
    {see ultranerd's stats}
    Ability: Soundproof/Static
    -Explosion
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power [Ice]/[Grass]
    -Thunder Wave/Substitute*

When in a bind, go BOOM. That's Electrode's only real function, but he does the job well. Just your regular kamikaze Pokemon, heh.
    Starred Substitute and Liechi cause they should go together IF you want to use them. Sub until you activate Liechi Boost and then explode.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Actually, Nidoking is an awesome Mixed Sweeper. Earthquake / Ice Beam / Shadow Claw / Flamethrower @ Choice Scarf is what I use. X.x; I do agree however that Iron Tail is frankly a terrible move.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Please don't base the quality of a move solely on its accuracy. Factor in it's typing, accuracy, base power, the Pokemon using it, etc. And it's spelled coma, not comma.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Iron Tail isn't such a bad Move. I agree with Anti on this matter. As he posted something about it.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    It's not THAT bad of a move if you're running Wide Lens. But it's coverage isn't great, and a lot of common Pokemon types resist it (Fire, Water, Electric, Ground, other Steels). You can at least hope to hit some Special Walls heavily with it, but I can't find too much of a use for Steel-type attacks. Gyro Ball would be the exception (on Forretress) since it has awesome maximum base power (even without STAB) and has 100 accuracy, though it only has maximum PP of 8.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Kabutops@Leftovers / Damp Rock
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    ADAMANT NATURE

TRAIT: SWIFT SWIM
    Stone Edge
    X-Scissor
    Waterfall
    Rain Dance

Brick Break wont do much for it apart from take out Tyranitar, which you have X-Scissor for

Electrode@life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    evs: 252 Atk / 212 Spd / 44 Sp.Atk
    - Explosion
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Grass
    - Thunder Wave/Light Screen

Max attack if you really want to do some good damage with Explosion. Life Orb makes up for you dropping sp.att evs. 212 speed gives you 405 speed, still faster like all of the metagame apart from Ninjask.

Ninetales@Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP

Hypnosis
    Flamethrower
    Will-o-Wisp /Nasty plot
    Energy Ball

Calm Mind was build for pokemon like slowbro and suicune. Ninetails is not bulky enough for it. Either go double status, Hypnosis one thing and burn the next thing they switch in or go for Nasty Plot special sweeper. Hypnosis allows you to set up Nasty Plots.

Nidoking @ Choice Band
    ability: Poison Point
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Speed
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Megahorn / Sucker Punch
    - Fire Punch / Sucker Punch

THE best switch into Heracross

Sableye FAILS

Spiritomb@leftovers
    Careful nature
    252 HP / 144 DEF / 114 SP.DEF
    - Hypnosis / Will-o-Wisp / Toxic
    - Pursuit / Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak /Taunt
    - Pursuit / Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak / Taunt
    - Pain Split

Same typing but better and you need a wall. Also Taunt is here as many pokemon see this as set up fodder so if you taunt them on the switch in this no longer happens

Lanturn@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    ability: Volt Absorb
    evs: 40 HP / 36 Def / 192 Sp.Atk / 240 Sp.Def
    Trait : Volt Absorb
    - Thunder / Discharge / Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Rest Talk Lanturn, a fantastic tank that i have used in OU, yes OU it sponges most special hits and then Rests off the damage. I out stalled a Blissey with it once due to Lanturn having HUGE Hp and Seismic Toss failing lol......

Changes are in bold

Dark_Azelf

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Excuse me while I laugh myself into a comma Iron Tail has 75 accuracy it sucks hardcore.

Yet people use stone edge, focus blast, and thunder. Excuse me while I laugh.

And while its coverage is bad, if it gains STAB, 75 power still isn't bad. Better than any hidden power's power ;)

And maybe you should add HP Ice to electrode...I guess.

Back