• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate Pokemon Soul Silver team!

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Your hate for me is divine!
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Greetings everyone! I had MIRACULOUSLY came in contact with a Pokemon who had the Pokerus (A virus that doubles the amount of EV's recieved in battle for stats upon leveling up.) Ever since then, I ended catching up to 74 pokemon within a day! I've just got done smacking the elite four and I am current doing some more EV training. I am slowly getting tired of fighting against computers and players who don't know the game mechanics... So, I intend on fighting against the best of the best by competing against the more intermediate players! I am gonna need your help, however... FEAST YOUR EYES ON THESE!!

- Drapion/ LV: 58/ Nature: Adamant/ Ability: Sniper/ Item: Scope Lens
    Toxic Spikes, Payback, Slash, Cross Poison
    Notes: ...Uh... Okay, I went through pure heck to get a hold of Drapion. It's nature is meant to enhance his attack a bit. Sniper+Scope Lens+Slash/Cross Poison+STAB damage is pretty intense. Toxic Spikes is there to piss people off.

- Metagross/ LV: 59/ Nature: Naive/ Ability: Clear Body/ Item: Life Orb
    Earthquake, Gravity, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock
    Notes: Flying types beware... If Toxic spikes are on the floor they may get infected with poison too. Stealth Rock will not make things easier for the opponent either. The STAB damage is for the Meteor Mash attack.

- Sharpedo/ LV: 53/ Nature: Mild/ Ability: Rough Skin/ Item: None
    Assurance, Swagger, Ice Beam, Dive
    Notes: Sharpedo is meant to cause more problems for the opponent with its Assurance attack. Foe has to deal with confusion, stealth rock or toxic spikes while taking plenty of STAB damage from Assurance. The Ice Beam is just there in case I run into a Dragon or Grass type... something like that.

- Scizor/ LV: 55/ Nature: Adamant/ Ability: Technician/ Item: Leftovers
    Baton Pass, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, U-Turn
    Notes: Scizor is my favorite Pokemon... but not really my favorite Baton Passer, because he can easily cripple teams by himself with the need to rely on other pokemon. We all know what Bullet Punch is for. Swords Dance is used to increase attack power for U-turn or Bullet Punch and can Baton Pass the stats to some other pokemon on my team... Now imagine passing his attack traits with Metagross, Sharpedo or Drapion...

- Typhlosion/ LV: 57/ Nature: Naughty/ Ability: Blaze/ Item: Expert Belt
    Thunder Punch, Earthquake, Focus Blast, Eruption
    Notes: My starter Pokemon... Just kidding. This was BRED from my starter because its nature was Bashful. *sigh* Anyway, Typhlosion is a sweeper of sorts. Thunder Punch is meant for Flying and Water types. The Earthquake is meant for other Fire types along with Rock and Electric types. Focus Blast is just there due to its massive amount of attack power. We all know what the Eruption attack is used for... Now imagine if Scizor's stats from Swords Dance was BPed down to Typhlosion? Lookout... The low tier fire type pokemon just obliterated a Tyranitar...

- Togekiss/ LV: 56/ Nature: Rash/ Ability: Serene Grace/ Item: Metronome
    Substitute, Baton Pass, Ancient Power, Ice Beam
    Notes: This is my INITIAL Baton Passer... I don't really want Scizor to be a Baton Passer... Anyway, Togekiss can BP his Substitute and whatever stats he got from using Ancient Power. I didn't know what to do with the fourth attack, so I bought a Ice Beam for it... I COULD HAVE USED NASTY PLOT FOR THOUGH... But, I need to find the right Pokemon to bred it with though, otherwise.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

fighting against the best of the best

Yeah, your team is going to need to be way better if you want to do that.

First of all, even if you haven't finished EV training, at least list what EVs you will give your Pokemon.

One problem with you're team is you're trying to do to many things at once. You've got entry hazards, Gravity, Baton Passers. It's way too much for a new battler like you to handle. You'll end up hurting yourself more than your opponent.

With every team, focus on ONE specific strategy. Do you want to stall with entry hazards? Great, build a team around that. Do you want to set up for a sweep using Baton Pass? Great, build a different team for that. Do not try and combine two different strategies into one team!

First, let's resolve some moveset issues so you know what you did wrong.

DRAPION

Wow, your Drapion doesn't stand a chance against Steel types. They'll wall your Drapion completely.

Don't use Normal moves. The only Pokemon that should know Normal-moves are Normal-types and a *few* physical Water-types (like Seaking or Azumarill). Normal moves on anything else is bad because Normal is not supereffective against anything which means it provides no type-coverage.

Payback is weak unless your opponent goes before you, in which case it will double in power. A fast Pokemon like Drapion should not use Payback because it will usually hit before the opponent has a chance to hit first, meaning it will not get a power boost. Night Slash should be used instead since it has a high chance of critical hit.

METAGROSS

Metagross is a good Stealth Rocker, but needs to be a lead to be truly effective. Naive Nature is bad. There is no reason to decrease your Special Defense. Use Adamant.

Gravity is pointless. There are more Steel types in OU than all Flying/Levitating Pokemon combined so Toxic Spikes still won't work.

Change its item to Lum Berry so you can beat Sleep leads like Roserade and Smeargle.

SHARPEDO

Two moves you should never use are:

Swagger
    If you use Swagger, you are basically helping your opponent win. Confusion is very unreliable and wears off quickly. In many cases, the opponent will successfully attack without ever hurting themselves in confusion.
    Besides, Sharpedo is still too frail to use status moves. Replace with an offensive move like Earthquake.

Dive
    Never use two-turn moves. These moves can be easily avoided and actually do less damage than a one-turn move. For instance:

Dive has 80 base power in 2 turns.
    Waterfall has 160 base power in 2 turns.

The only two-turn move that is usable is Solarbeam during Sunny Day.

Assurance doesn't work the way you think it does. Your opponent must be damaged the turn BEFORE you use it. If your opponent doesn't receive any damage due to not switching and not being attacked, Assurance will only be twice as weak. Crunch is still more reliable than Assurance will ever be.

Also, change nature to Naughty.

SCIZOR

Scizor's moveset is actually sort of okay, but don't use U-Turn because if you do, all your stat boosts will be lost and there's no point in using Swords Dance only to switch out the next turn. Replace with Roost.

TYPHLOSION

Physical attacking Typhlosion just isn't that good. Even if you Baton Pass it Swords Dance, you could do the same to a faster and stronger Pokemon like Infernape and get better results than you ever would with Typhlosion.

TOGEKISS

You are really wasting Togekiss's potential as a Baton Passer. Don't rely on Ancientpower's boost. 20% is still very little and you only have 8 PP max. Nasty Plot is an egg move from Pikachu/Raichu.

Anyways, your team is very poor and we need to replace some Pokemon and find better ones. But first, answer this important question:

DO YOU WANT TO FOCUS ON ENTRY HAZARDS

OR

DO YOU WANT TO FOCUS ON BATON PASSING?

CHOOSE ONE AND ONLY ONE.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back