• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please read if you are interested in creating the best Game yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    This idea has been circulating the internet for who knows how long. (If this thread is against the mod rules I'm sorry). Myself I'm not good at anything related to creating a pokemon game. The only thing I can do is Advanced map editing (which anyone could do). Anyway, to cut to the chase:

I want to create a pokemon game with every region, excluding the unova region. So basically Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. I was thinking maybe add the orange Islands, and the seven Islands. I want every Gym, and every Elite 44 and said Champion. It should start in Kanto. I want There to be 3 Rivals. I was thinkng one for each region, or they all are there at the beginning, and they would each take Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur, and you would take Pikachu from Oak (like in the anime). If it was one per region, it would be like regular. You would pick a starter, and they would take whatever one has a type advantage over you. I was also hoping that there would be no antagonists besides the rivals, for 3 reasons. 1) Too much time scripting 2) too much added Data, it would take up to much space 3) The game would be pretty cool if it was just a run of the gyms and the elite fours

The gameplay could be simple, like Fire red Graphics to save data. Doesnt matter I think though.
    As for other Ideas I had, is that, well best way to say it is an example. Say you beat Kanto, and go to Johto. It would seem simple, because you have level 60's or more. So instead of that, all pokemon caught in previous regions over level 10 would be locked. And after every gym or two beaten in the new region, would unlock pokemon up to a certain level. For example, beating the second Gym would unlock pokemon up to level 20's from previous region in that region. And after the elite four, you could use both Kanto and Johto in Kanto or Johto. That being said, At each new region you could pick a starter from said region.

I was also thinking that after the leagues are beaten, you would unlock both the Battle frontier and battle tower area.

I'm not really sure what else too add, any Ideas would be helpful.
    But more importantly I need people who can help make this happen.

Sincerely,
    SoundWave

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
  • I'm no mod, but I'm pretty sure this thread doesn't belong here.
    I personally think that as a romhack, this would be difficult, ni impossible.
    Maybe in rpg maker xp, or some other engine.
    I am pretty sure this topic is going to be locked or moved, though.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I'm no mod, but I'm pretty sure this thread doesn't belong here.
    I personally think that as a romhack, this would be difficult, ni impossible.
    Maybe in rpg maker xp, or some other engine.
    I am pretty sure this topic is going to be locked or moved, though.

Not to mention it has absolutely no added value of playing as you can just play the official games and there is a next to zero percent chance the full version won't be released. Most of the older games here in the showcase section were quit and never finished, so why will a game that is more than four times as big reach Alpha stage?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Nobody has the time to make a game with hundreds of routes and towns in it. Unless you want to either hire a massive team of people just to recreate maps, or automate so many things that all you're left with is a series of generic near-identical maps with different layouts.

Years
  • I had a similar idea. I am willing to put all my time into working on this, as long as I could finish my story/continuation ideas. Then I would jump straight into it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I see several people like you, almost all gives up without reach 10% of game done. So became a good developer and we talk again.
    There is a fan game that become pretty close to this, having Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands and Hoenn playable, but is too anime based.

Nothings impossible
    QFTW

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • If you are not sure where to post, there are rules and section descriptions to help you learn what goes where. Take a look at them.

That aside, this is something almost every new developer wants to do. The idea is appealing. It is nice to think about a game that is up to date and has a world large enough to implement enough features to keep a player busy for quite some time. The problem is that creating a single region that is complete is a challenge most fail to complete and more often than not it is given up less than half way through.

None the less, I hate to discourage any new developer, this is why we have many great tools and guides to help you get started and set you and your project up for success!

This guide is something you might find helpful, or at least I hope: So You Want to Make a Game...

You can also find helpful tips and tools in the Game Development Monthly as well. One should be coming up soon :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2012
    I don't like anime based pokemon mmorpgs ;S
    Use some of your own ideas instead and maps - they're more fun!

Back