• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilsprite

dreamer
Years
  • quote:I know this may sound stupid but it says that feebas is in 6 tiles out of 400 what do they mean by 6 tiles

im sorry im new to this but i still dont understand what 6 tiles mean im only 11!:embarrass

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The ground that you walk on. Notice how every step you take seems to be based on a square.

Feebas is only in six of the three hundred or four hundred water squares.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Feebas is located in one six water tiles (every time you move, you move to another tile. I know I'm not very good at explaining, but...). You should just keep on using the good rod (I reckon that's the best rod for catching Feebas) 5 times in every tile, if you don't find one, move to another and try again.

Also, this should go in Simple questions there's also a Feebas guide

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    When I was searching for Feebas, I only got Magikarps and Tentacools, but when I switched to the good rod, I instantly got a Feebas (and yes, I tried them in the same spot...)

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • Ok, this discussion can be pushed to the Simple Questions thread. Ask your questions about catching Feebas there.

This may help. It is direct from the FAQ.

Catching Feebas and Milotic

I highly recommend catching Feebas for these three reasons -

1) To complete the pokedex
    2) For some bragging rights
    3) To obtain a Milotic which is has great Special Attack and Special Defense, along with a great move pool.

What You Will Need

1) old/good/super rod [old is preferred as Feebas can be caught with it, but you don't have to waste time with other pokemon besides Magikarp and a few Tentacool. It can be obtained by a fisher in Dewford town. He stands near to the gym]
    2) approximately 5 pokeballs [higher grades are not nessary for such a weak pokemon] as you will want to catch a few feebas.
    3) a pokemon that knows surf [HM slave ^_^]
    4) a pokemon that knows fly [not a must but after sitting in that water for so long i would think u would want to get out of there as quickly as possible]

Feebas is a rare little fish pokemon. How rare you ask??
    Well let me see. It is obtainable in 6 tiles [sections of surfing water] out of approximately 400 tiles of surfing water on route 119.
    Now thats something isn't it??
    The feebas tiles are random and if you change the "Popular Phrase" in Dewford town the tile positions are RANDOMLY RESET[ie you can't take someone else's 'popular phrase' and try fishing where they got their feebas. It won't work.]

Now that you have what u need head up to the base of route 119. Do this by flying/walking to mauville and then surfing across the narrow stripe of water right of the gym.
    Now you will be on route 119. This is a very long route [unfortunately] packed with sections of water [potential feebas grounds] along its length. I recommend you start form the first pond you come across. Start form one corner and work your way up. Fishing in each tile you move into.I recommend fishing 3 - 5 times in one tile as any less may allow our fishy friend to slip through and any more would be overkill.
    Now all this sucks i must admit, but when u do find the feebas tile you will be pleasently surprised to find that they will appear with a 60-80% probability. Which is, in my opinion, fairly sweet.

- - - - - - - - - -
    Ask any other questions you may have in Simple Questions. If you continue to make threads about Feebas, they will be closed unanswered. The link to Simple Questions is in my sig and in the group of stickies at the top of the R/S/E (GBA) forum.

CLOSED

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back