• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please, RMT...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I know I've not specified if it's OU or UU or whatever, but really it's just for the odd fun match, not competitions. Well, here it is:

Willing to remove pretty much any member.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    Adamant
    176 HP/252 Atk/80 Def
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Aqua Tail

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Trait (If required)
    Jolly
    40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    - Counter
    - Ice Shard
    - Brick Break
    - Night slash

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    Adamant
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - X-Scissor
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Trait (If required)
    Rash
    84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spd
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Roost

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    4HP/252 Def/80 SpAtk/176 SpD
    - Seismic Toss
    - Flamethrower
    - Aromatheropy
    - Softboiled

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Steadfast
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

Please rip it open ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Two and a half..Three suggestions:
    > Space out the Pokemon with a line
    > Add comments for each set and the team's purpose/background.
    > Sprites can help, but they're optional.

That Weavile set can't lead well. Run with the Anti-Lead set:

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Hasty/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SDef, 252 Spd
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Counter
    ~ Night Slash / Ice Punch

Scizor: U-Turn > X-Scissor

Blissey: Get the Calm spread off someone. I don't personally run Bliss, so I don't know it.

Lucario: Life Orb and Swords Dance over Stone Edge/Ice Punch

You rely too much on Choice Bands. Unless you have perfect prediction, you are going to take tonnes of residual damage. Major Agiligross weakness. And they're really common, now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks for replying.
    If by 'lead' you mean go in first, then it wasn't written up first for that purpose, sorry for any confusion.
    Doesn't U-Turn require switching out? I'm not sure thatd be great with this team, although it could be combined with blissey.
    I just threw Blissey in there as a bit of a punchbag, it can be changed to anything, I don't mind.
    And I will edit that, thanks.

Years
  • What you put first on the list will be seen as your "lead". How you start off is quite important, as if you start off on the back foot, it's hard to catch up.

Blissey is fine if you run 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SDef and Calm, as it can take special hits better that way.

You know what? Take out Weavile, lead with CBTar and run Vaporeon in the spare slot.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold (+Def, -Atk) | Water Absorb
    [ 188 HP, 252 Def, 86 Spd]
    - Surf
    - Wish
    - HP Electric
    - Protect/Toxic/Ice Beam

This lets you deal with MixApe, Gyarados and Metagross easily. The EVs are for outspeeding CBGross, but AgiliGross is the main concern.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Pokedra's Review....lol

I know I've not specified if it's OU or UU or whatever, but really it's just for the odd fun match, not competitions. Well, here it is:

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Pressure
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Shard
    - Brick Break
    - Night Slash

I'd recommend this, good power and good speed make him a good revenge killer.

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Technician
    Adamant
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - X-Scissor
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Slap a Life Orb on him, let's him switch between moves but Choice Band is an option.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Intimidate
    Rash
    84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spd
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Roost

I'd go with Rash. Lowering his defence isn't the best option since he switches in on physical attacks mainly.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    4HP/252 Def/80 SpAtk/176 SpD
    - Seismic Toss
    - Ice Beam
    - Aromatheropy/Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled

Calm Blissey not Bold something I learnt from Anti, Vance, D-A and Shoroi Togekiss. The special attackers of the metagame are stronger then before and this EV spread gives you 11% less survability on the physcial side but far more special survability.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    Adamant
    176 HP/252 Atk/80 Def
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Aqua Tail

Good.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Steadfast
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

Good.

Please rip it open ^.^
    ~Comment and changes in bold :/
    ~Enormous Fighting-type weakness...Scarfcross rips apart Blissey, Ttar, Luke and Weavile. I'd replace Luke with Gliscor or more Skarmory.
    ~If Scizor is down DD Kingdra with one DD will cream you. It outruns your Weavile even with Jolly and 252 EV's and OHKO's that. Ttar dies to Waterfall, Salamence die to Outrage, Luke dies to Waterfall and Bliss dies to Outrage. Once again Skarms would help.

Years
  • ~Comment and changes in bold :/
    ~Enormous Fighting-type weakness...Scarfcross rips apart Blissey, Ttar, Luke and Weavile. I'd replace Luke with Gliscor or more Skarmory.
    ~If Scizor is down DD Kingdra with one DD will cream you. It outruns your Weavile even with Jolly and 252 EV's and OHKO's that. Ttar dies to Waterfall, Salamence die to Outrage, Luke dies to Waterfall and Bliss dies to Outrage. Once again Skarms would help.
    Skarmory isn't a Fighting counter. Salamence can switch in on fighting and bug moves, with help from Intimidate and force them out. Jolly Ice Punch Luke is a concern, but +Spd and 176 EVs outpaces it and OHKOs with EQ.

Vappy can take Kingda fairly well, and if it gets locked into Outrage, then send in Scizor. Which, by the way, should either run CB with the current set, or the SD set with LO. It's too slow to make use of Life Orb.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That mence is eww.

Brick Break >> Earthquake 4 uber Bastiodon for Blissey/Lax or you cant 2hko them nor can you OHKO tar which just shows how suckage EQ is on Mixmence.

The evs are also meh, since the only thing they outrun is Jolly Gyarados and no one uses that.

Just stick with the superior Classic Mixmence evs 80 Att / 252 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED @Rash.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I could get rid of Salamence for Skarmory? It was just thrown in there as a filler anyway. And using one looks like a much better plan now youve pointed out the weaknesses my team'll have.
    And I'm going to leave Weavile in there for now, because I fail so much at breeding, I'd have no idea how to get HP electric.
    Edited the first post

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • ~Comment and changes in bold :/
    How is Skarmory a fighter counter when just about every major fighter in OU 2HKO's him with CB Close Combat (Lucario, Machamp, Heracross, etc)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Well, not skarmory then. Anything else you'd recommend to counter fighting types?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, not skarmory then. Anything else you'd recommend to counter fighting types?

Your mence can counter/check the majority of them so i dont see a reason for concern.

However the bigger problem is the rest of your team. They are all weak to fighting bar scizor, so i suggest you make some MAJOR changes in that department.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Spiritomb?

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

I use it. ;) Though Hera blocks it. D: Lucario gets smashed by HP [Fighting].

Serves as a status absorber since you could use something better over Aromatherapy on Bliss. What is that 4 HP on Bliss for? I thought that totals to 508 which is max, but with 4 HP, then it will be 512, lol. Flamethrower>>Ice Beam gives Bliss better coverage on the average Weavile, Gross switch-ins on Bliss. If you use the Spiritomb set, then go Thunder Wave>>Aromatherapy, it screws those sweepers. Inner Focus>>Steadfast on Lucario no question.

Edit: Hera doesn't block the Spiritomb set, forgot that Shadow Ball hits Fighting-types, lol.

Edit Again: Idk if Hera blocks the set! D:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Hmm, how about changing the Lucario for Dragonite? And Flamethrower on Blissey should counter the ice which'd be it's threat, shouldnt it?

And I dunno why the 4HP, I just went along with what these guys said xD

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    That actually makes it worse. Really pointless since you already have Mence. Spiritomb or Rotom forms would be great instead of Dragonite.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Hmm... I really do suck at this xD
    I think I'd prefer to go with Archer's vaporeon idea, I just have to figure out how to get HP electric onto it.
    Also, I'd be willing to get rid of anything in there, if you didn't see it up top.

EDIT: Ive been thinking, I may throw a staller in there instead of something.

Last edited:
    Back