• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Plume or Cover Fossil

Will you get Plume or Cover fossil?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In Black and White, you get the choice between Tirtouga (Cover) and Archen (Plume), which are the two fossil Pokemon introduced in these games. You can only choose one fossil to be revived - like past games.

Which did you / will you pick and why? Or will you get both fossils through another game?

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm gonna have both Black and White so I'm getting both. If it came down to it I wouldnt be able to choose because this is the first time in the history of Pokemon that I've liked both Fossil Pokemon...

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    It is actually possible to get both fossils in one game. The one you haven't chosen is in N's Castle.
    I don't like the fossils, so i won't use them anyway.
    But, if I would have to choose, I would take Archeops. I just think it's more useful in battles than Carracosta.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It is actually possible to get both fossils in one game. The one you haven't chosen is in N's Castle.
    I don't like the fossils, so i won't use them anyway.
    But, if I would have to choose, I would take Archeops. I just think it's more useful in battles than Carracosta.

Really? :(
    Well there are also other fossils to be obtained but I didn't include them. I'll just say if you had to choose between the two in the first post. ^___^

Anyways, Tirtouga for me <3 Such an adorable Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Obviously if I can get both eventually then I will get both....why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't anyone? :S

I'll probably get Tirtouga first and then Archen afterwards.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    i don't really like either pokemon, so the only use they'll be to me is to fill my pokedex. but man that bird at the end was a pain to beat.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I chose the Wing Fossil because it revives Archen. And Archeops hits hard, assuming it's at more than 50% health.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    I will choose Tirtouga, I love turtles (An old thing that was started by sonic heroes XD), it's cute in 1st form, cool in second, and I find Archeops' ability to be annoying. D:<

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I like turtles.
    I actually like the look of Tirotouga. Abagoura looks alright too. They remind me of the Squirtle line a little bit. But they are both based of the same animal, so yeah. Archen looks alright too, but reminds me of Aerodactyl. I'm going to go for Tirotouga because it looks quite cute. :>

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I actually really love both Tirtuga and Archen, I think this is the first generation where I've liked both fossil Pokemon a lot. Gen I it was Kabutops all the way for me, Gen III I went with Armaldo, and Gen IV I chose Ramparados without a doubt, but this Generation both fossils really appeal to me. I think I will probably choose the wing fossil first, and get the shell/lid fossil later on.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I see you changed the poll question...

I want to change my vote to Shell/Lid fossil from both now since the question changed and the answer I gave isn't my answer anymore...

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    I don't like neither, I'll just get them both to fill up my Pokedex. I'm not to fond of them, despite this is the first generation that I've actually liked the fossils.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Which did you / will you pick first and why?
    I want me a turtle. It's so friggin' adorable. Tirtouga of course.

Nameless.

I don't particularly like the ancient birdy. It's pre-evo is really cute, but when it evolves, it's not very likeable anymore to me. I love the turtle though!
    I want to use one on a competitive team someday, like Trick Room or something. I have yet to even revive my fossil though, and I have a feeling I'll procrastinate it for a long time. >w>;

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    i will probably go with tirtouga aswell, it's adoreable! :D

Back