• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Plume or Cover Fossil

Will you get Plume or Cover fossil?

• Total voters

Sigilyph

local psychopath
Years

• Which did you / will you pick and why? Or will you get both fossils through another game?

I ended up choosing the Cover Fossil. Funny story actually, I was watching Tosh.0 and he was making a turtle joke as I was trying to decide which fossil I should take, as I love them both, and so I chose the Cover Fossil. I named him Tosh and never looked back. I love Archen too, but now I have a little soft spot for Tirtouga.

He also helped me a lot on my final battle with Ghetis and the Elite Four (the first time that is).

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • I chose the plume fossil because I needed a pokemon who could fly and archen was one of my choices so I decided to get him. Also I started with oshawott, so i didn't need another water pokemon for my team.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    TURTLE POWER

Carracosta is definitely my favorite fossil Pokemon in the history of ever. Like, seriously. I wouldn't nab any other fossil Pokemon if I had the choice. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    yah people stupid one of the best black white pokemons is archeops for sure,i have been playing it since november 2010 and was the 1st pokemon i culd lvl up to 100 he is amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg and better then the turtle **** lol

yah people stupid one of the best black white pokemons is archeops for sure,i have been playing it since november 2010 and was the 1st pokemon i culd lvl up to 100 he is amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg and better then the turtle lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    Ipicked archen the first time around, but when I restart it I'm picking tirtouga for sure since on my second game I'll be using my favorite pokemon so I have to say that I love carracosta, reminds me a lot of blastoise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Archeops is by far better with its OUTRAGEOUS Attack stat and Speed and two STAB BP 100+ attacks with great neutral coverage and access to U-turn scouting and the classic Edge-Quake, its a beast of a revenge killer or cleaner in OU.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I prefer Tirtouga over Archen, so I chose the Cover fossil. Archeops is outclassed by so many other flying types and it's ability, Defeatist, could pose quite a bit of problems.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I chose me the turtle. |D

Course... wound up dropping him later in the game for cooler pokemon. I think it was Vanillite?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I got the plume fossil and i regret it. Sure archen is a good pokemon until it loses half its HP then its absolutly awful.

Mahtale

Lives are overrated.
    Years
  • I am surprised how even this poll is! I chose the Plume Fossil. It was a difficult choice, though not because I liked them both; in fact, it was for the opposite reason. I thought the fossil Pokemon of this generation were both sub-par.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I got the one with Carracosta. Might I say, this is the most useless Pokémon ever.

Carracosta is a monster online and in-game. What are you talking about?

Once I start Black I'm getting Archeops! White is still my main game though and I won't be playing Black for a long time I'm sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    I picked plume, because I liked the name, but now I'm looking at Archen on Serebii and wishing I got the Cover fossil :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    I have both versions so I'll have both, but if I didn't I would choose Tirtouga. <3

Back