• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD Dungeons

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • So far, we have had 8 PMD Games (Red, Blue, Time, Darkness, Sky, Blazing, Stormy and Light). And we all know that the mystery dungeons is a staple element of the games, seeing as this is where most action happens. And, at some point or another, we have experienced a dungeon that annoys us, or made our heart break, or made us say "Easy," and such. In short, we have different reactions to each single Dungeon. This thread would be dedicated to the discussion of these dungeons and such. These are few guide questions.

1. What is your favorite PMD Dungeon?
    2. What is your least favorite PMD Dungeon?
    3. Which do you consider the easiest/hardest?
    4. Which dungeon did you find to be the most fun to explore?
    5. If you could eradicate a single dungeon, what dungeon would it be?

Well, my favorite dungeon is always the Western Cave in the Red/Blue Rescue Teams. There are several variety of good Pokemon there (even at the lower floors) which can easily be recruited, or just dish out massive experience points. And I love how starters appear by the end of the dungeon. Yes, it is too hard being a 99 floor dungeon, but it has its good things. awesome dungeon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    My least favorite dungeon in Time/Darkness has to be the Miracle Sea. I would get to the next to last floor and then I would be trapped in a monster house. I couldn't do anything to stop it either. :(

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • Well, lessee...

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ~ Red/Blue Rescue Team:

Favorite dungeon would go to Sky Tower. I just love the music there and the storyline leading up to it was seriously cool. And walking on clouds is pretty sweet.

Least favorite dungeon is Northwind Field. The huge number of traps wasn't even the worst part, it was those blasted Politoed. I could never get through the last few floors without being Perish Song'd to death.

Hardest dungeon by far would be Purity Forest. I never actually did manage to complete it, just due to the fact that it's purely luck as to the items you get and the Pokemon you encounter.

I haven't played Explorers of Sky, but in Explorers of Time/Darkness:

Favorite dungeon... well there's a lot of seriously awesome ones. Gonna have to say Dark Crater though, due to my general love of Fire-types and how it was packed with them. Honorable mention goes to World Abyss :3

Least favorite dungeon is Mt. Travail. Full of traps that are nigh impossible to avoid (at least, in my case) and I had a really bad experience with a mission there once. (I got through it, narrowly. Just due to the sheer luck of having the right items to protect my client.)

Hardest dungeon would be one of the Zero Isles, probably Zero Isle South. Then again I've only actually completed Zero Isle North, so that'd be the hardest I've completed X'D Barring those, I'd say Concealed Ruins, as it took me a few tries to get through there.

So far as exploring goes, that would be Zero Isle North. It was incredible to watch the terrain of the dungeon change as well as the Pokemon as you progressed through it, and when you got to the very last floor it always put a smile on your face. (Well, it put a smile on mine, anyway...)

I don't think I'd do away with any of the dungeons, they were all pretty unique in their own way. Sure there are a few that get on your nerves, but you'd end up going through them anyway regardless, wouldn't you?

-End long post XD-

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I have Sky and my favorite dungeon is the Spacial Rift where I see lots of final evolution Pokemon. The main problem is the Discharging Magnezone, Guillotine-using Gligar and the Memento-using Spiritomb.

My least favorite dungeon is... I forgot the name... but those Politoed keep using Perish Song. But I can counter that easily by playing as Exploud.

The dungeon I consider the most fun is the Sky Peak because after every few floors, you get to a checkpoint where you can save and have everything replenished. Best part is that every 2 checkpoints, there's a Drifblim who'll take you back to the main village if you want to play as someone else or go return to Treasure Town. After i explored climbed the whole thing a second time, I got Shaymin to join.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What is your favorite PMD Dungeon?: Spacial Rift. Because of the music.
    What is your least favorite PMD Dungeon?: Aegis Cave, because I don't get to save between dungeons.
    Which do you consider the easiest/hardest?: The beginning dungeons (Tiny Woods) are easy, but the ones post-storyline are rather challenging (Dark Crater and Western Cave for instance)
    Which dungeon did you find to be the most fun to explore?: Temporal Tower (all of it) because of Dialga.
    If you could eradicate a single dungeon, what dungeon would it be?: I don't know, the Destiny Tower? Zero Isle was hard enough already.

miltankRancher

Years
  • I have never actually traveled through the Zero Isles before, much more Zero Isle Center (is that what it was called?). I have entered, yes. But due to some reason or another, I always fall prey to strong pokemon in early floors. I am usually in bad luck with 99 floor, level 1 dungeons. Wish Cave for example is a hard dungeon also. However, it allows you to bring in items, and with combinations of 2 99x Gravelerocks, a few huge apples, a few Max Elixirs, and a whole page of Reviver Seed, I somehow managed to traverse through it, recruiting Jirachi along the way. I was a bit underleveld however. By like five to seven levels under Jirachi. My technique was to use Huge apples only when my belly is 0, and utilize EVERY SINGLE ITEM I ENCOUNTER.

Tiny Woods is a given already. I mean, who find Tiny Woods hard? I use it just to use my Joy Seed, at the same time doing easy jobs.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    8???? Blazing, Stormy, Light????

WHERE HAVE I BEEN????? 0,0 Which are this games you speak of sire!!!!

Oh... Google... Wii... >,>

My most favorite Dungeon in explorers of darkness issss!!!!~~~ Dark Crater!!! :D Gotta love the place (When you are a Piplup, all goes right? hehehehe)

miltankRancher

Years
  • We had the same reaction when I first heard the games also.

Any water type would have a laughing day at the Dark Crater. Pretty strong Pokemon, though VERY weak against water types. You could like battle a level 50 Flareon or level 53 rapidash. Experience farming for the win!

You may need to watch out Entei, Mewtwo, and Darkrai though. Legendaries, despite having a type weakness is still hard.s

Back