• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Xell had been listening intently. Although he had held the same stance as Bruno on the corruption, Retus' preaching had started to change his ideas on corruption. No one knew what this corruption is, how it works, what it does... all we have are personal accounts of it. He watched as the Hariyama signaled them to go with Osha and Anthony. Somehow, it was hard for him to walk away.

"Guys comon! Lets get moving. I'm getting sick of listening to this guy."

It was Leigh's voice. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go or not, but even if he did, he would've been paralyzed. Something seemed like it was going to go wrong. Not that it already hadn't. He watched as Retus charged forth toward the Hariyama with a vicious Shadow Claw aimed right at his chest. He closed his eyes, not wanting to watch. This was scary, but not worse than the fear he felt for his teammates when he realized they weren't in the clearing and with Retus, who Xell had just discovered to be a wanted criminal.

Suddenly, Alaska bounded forth and shielded Bruno from the Shadow Claw. Why would she do that? She retaliated with a swipe at the Sableye. "We can't be fighting right now! Aren't we supposed to be getting to the guild?" Alaska exclaimed, looking at the darkening sky. She got up again. "It's getting late." It was getting late... but I can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen... Retus taunted Bruno again. "Yeah Bruno. It IS getting late. Hows about we call it a day eh? Kehehehe..." It seemed like he was preparing another attack, but it was hard to tell. Perhaps it was time that Xell left. "…You too, Xell." They were waiting on him. Xell painstakingly inched toward the group, already assembled and waiting on him. It felt wrong to abandon the Hariyama, especially when there were two corrupt Pokemon there. Could he handle both of them?

Xell did his best to push it out of his mind, but he just couldn't. Regretfully, he joined the group, and mumbled quietly, "Let's go..."

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Cruor watched this unfold with a smirk on his face. Flare was still a little confused as to what the hell was going on, not knowing what to do between Retus going on his tangent, and...well, everything. Instead, Flare rushed over to the departing group. He woudln't last here.

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    (Hey I'm back :))

Felicia looked at the two evil Pokemon before she quickly followed Flare to the others. "What's going on...I was unable to read any of their lips...I just know whatever it is happening isn't good." she said to the group confused.

Shade growled to herself and then joined the departing group. Since she wasn't well known enough to be called out then she could just keep doing what she was doing and hopefully make a profit.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Leigh quickly follow Osha and Anthony with regretful thoughts. They were just listening to orders... No harm in that right? Bruno was sure to get out of that situation. He was just making sure that the exploration teams made it to the guild. There was no telling how far away the guild but he wasn't ready to relax until they made it to the guild. It was getting awfully late. Leigh floated closer to Osha and Anthony and all of a sudden, The corrupt substance in Leigh acted up again. It quickly swirled around Leigh as if it were trying to break out of the Protective Gel.

"Sheesh this thing is relentless..." The corrupt substance made itself easily visible. The thing that worried leigh was the reactions of Osha and Anthony. If the guild is some anti corruption area, Would Leigh even be allowed in? At first he thought "What they don't know wont hurt them" but Osha and Anthony were bound to notice what going on. Leigh was in the same boat as Retus... but far from a criminal. As he pondered, Leigh was floating slower then usual and was behind the group with a worried look on his face.

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Felicia noticed the worried look on Leigh's face and went to him. "Leigh" she said softly walking by him. "Is what's going on..whatever that was back there. Is it bothering you that much?" she said tilting her head curiously eyes filled with worry for her friend and teammate.

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh looked over to Felecia what walked beside Leigh. "Well... Yeah. It kind of is. Bruno claimed Retus was corrupt, despite still having his mind. But... You know... I'm also half corrupt if you think about it. I mean, This thing in my hasn't effected me in any way yet. I don't know any of the skills Retus knew about, Like Shadow hold." Leigh tried to keep up a faster pace so he wouldn't lose track of the group. He just wanted to sleep... It was a long day after all. "I'm mostly worried about how this... thing will effect me in the long run."

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: Apologies for any typos. Typin from a friends computer and the keyboard is old an bad.

IC
    Bruno sighed and closed his eyes. Unware of much more converstion
    Osha and Anthony had indeed noticed the little act of Leigh (can't remember his species name) and upon seeing it, Osha drew one of his scalchops. "You've been exposed!" he said.

Anthony, aware of how sensative his partner was to this situation, tried to intervene. "He doesn't look like a threat, Osha. It's not right to shut him-"
    "He could expose everyone in the guild! He can't come with us!"

Bruno, eyes closed, said in a loud piercing voice, "Osha! Take them to the guild, and tell the guildmaster."
    "But master Bruno-"
    "Osha, don't make me repeat myself."

Osha clearly wasn't comfortable with this, and clearly didn't like it. But none the less, obeyed.

Bruno in the meantime opened his eyes and readied for incomming attack. "Your move. Do not expect me to be easy prey!"

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh kept silent and looked down at the dirt below him. He continued following the group. Already, He was being judged due to the Corruption. "...It happened a long time ago. It hasn't effected me. I've made sure that it doesn't spread. It won't be getting out of this protective Gel anytime soon...I..." He kept his thoughts shut. Leigh couldn't think of anything else to say after that. Other pokemon in the guild would judge him for being exposed to the corruption for sure. Maybe this guild master would help Leigh...

Leigh didn't want to think of himself becoming corrupt. The very thing that took his home, which he considered the whole land. He continued floating alongside Felecia to continue his conversation with her. "I feel like a walking time bomb." He whispered to Felecia.

------------------------

Retus waited for the group to get far enough to have some space in the battleground. "Keheheheh... I don't expect you to be..." His right hand was glowing a dark blue color. He signaled Cruor to attack from behind. At the same time he rushed in to use Faint attack in front of Bruno. Hopefully Cruor would do his part in the fight as well.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Xell joined the group of Pokémon, who were going to the guild. "Let's go…" he mumbled quietly. Suddenly, Flare rushed over to them. Alaska eyed the strange Tepig. He was so quiet, and sometimes seemed to disappear. His bursts of speed were so random at times. Felicia followed Flare. She was unable to read anyone's lips, and was quite confused. Shade followed behind Felicia. Alaska was glad that everyone was following suit. This probably showed that everybody would be good at working together. Alaska heard low murmurs coming from Felicia and Leigh, but paid no attention as their conversation was none of her business. "You've been exposed!" Osha suddenly yelled out. Anthony muttered something, only for Osha to yell out again. "He could expose everyone in the guild! He can't come with us!"

Bruno responded in a loud, piercing voice for Osha to take everyone to the guild. Osha began to protest, but Bruno demanded he obey. "Your move. Do not expect me to be easy prey!" Bruno then told Retus. Alaska stared at Retus, his desire to fight futile. Bruno obviously packed a good punch, and would defeat Retus almost effortlessly. Retus was so small in size, he looked like he stood no chance. Of course, a book should never be judged by its cover, even though that's the way the world unfortunately worked. Retus' right hand glowed a dark blue color as he signaled Cruor to attack from behind. That was it, he was going to get help. It was a smart move on his part, because fighting alone would be risky.

"Does anybody like playing cards?" Alaska asked randomly. "I used to be great at Poker." The situation they were in was difficult and somewhat awkward, so Alaska tried to talk about something more pleasant. She looked at over at Bruno blankly. It didn't seem right to leave him to fight the two outlaws, but she didn't want to intervene again. All it would do was slow down the fight, and time was something Alaska did not like to waste.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    Night had fallen surprisingly quickly after leaving the springs.
    Or maybe he had just been so engrossed in looking for the Orab Berries in local and random trees that he had just lost his notion of time. So far, he had only found half-eaten and rotten berries, which couldn't be a good sign, considering the effects of Corruption that he had witnessed.

I can't head out without an Oran... or a Sitrus... But he knew a Sitrus wouldn't just fall on his head.

"Hey!" He complained as soon as something hit him in the head. He looked up to see a Spinarak running across the branch above him, disappearng into the brush. Turning his head down, he saw a darkened Sitrus Berry, with only a few patches of yellow on certain spots. "No good..." He said, kicking it away.

But the reason for the Spinarak to be running away was now intriguing him. Something was up in the forest.
    He stood, trying to detect the sounds in the woods with his acute sense of hearing; and after a few moments, he heard rustling not far away from his location. The guild was just behind him, he had made sure he didn't walk too far away from it, but this sounded like trouble was brewing.

"But I can't go..." He muttered.

I don't have an Oran... it's just too risky.

"Damn this wound." He cursed, standing to watch if anything happened. It was night, so surely, if something happened, it would be easy to see it. Or maybe he was mistaken.

((OOC: Phew! That took a while xD))

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh floated over to Alaska. He was glad she attempted to change the subject and decided to go along with it. "Cards eh. The day someone lets a psychic pokemon play a card game is the day Mt. blaze freezes over." He joked. "I never could get into such games. I'd be suspected of cheating most of the time anyways. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try someday. Haha..." The corrupt substance bubbled up for a second once more. It was reacting to the corrupt environment as if it wanted to join with it. Leigh simpily blushed in embarrassment.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "Does anybody like playing cards?" "I used to be great at Poker." Alaska asked randomly. Xell had never played a card game, but he had heard about them. He figured Alaska was trying to be friendly or get everyone thinking about something else, even though the obvious thing on everyone's mind was whether Bruno was going to be OK or not. As Leigh responded, Xell watched the black ooze in Leigh's gelatin bubble slightly. Xell was worried about Leigh, but he figured that it was just acting up because they were in a corrupt environment.

Xell said, after Leigh, "I've never played a card game in my life, unfortunately. And what's a Poker?"

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh was amused by Xell's comment, asking what "A poker" was. While Leigh never did see much games throughout the new land, He has seen his share of "episodes" mostly from losers. "It's basicly a card game where you usually gamble for the best hand. Whoever has the better hand, Takes everything put in the pot. Some pokemon I've seen bet valuable items if they don't have any money to spare. You won't believe some of the sob storys I've heard of Pokemon that have lost valuables they bet off. If they didn't want to lose it, They shouldn't have bet it... but I guess that's how life works eh? If you don't want to lose your life to corruption, Don't bet it off recklessly. Just advice for the road ya know?" He responded happily.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "It's basicly a card game where you usually gamble for the best hand. Whoever has the better hand, Takes everything put in the pot. Some pokemon I've seen bet valuable items if they don't have any money to spare. You won't believe some of the sob storys I've heard of Pokemon that have lost valuables they bet off. If they didn't want to lose it, They shouldn't have bet it... but I guess that's how life works eh? If you don't want to lose your life to corruption, Don't bet it off recklessly. Just advice for the road ya know?" He responded happily.

"Oh!" Xell replied with a sudden epiphany. Thinking about Poker had taken his mind off the fight Bruno, Retus, and Cruor were having momentarily. It was a little bit nice to think about something else besides that fight, even though Xell knew it was on everyone's mind. However, the momentary thought hadn't removed Xell's thoughts about the fight. Was Bruno going to be all right? Somehow, I don't think so... Xell couldn't let go of the worry surging his mind. He wondered if everyone else was feeling the bad feeling he felt.

Megaman765

Years
    "hmm." Leigh had also given some thought about the fight going on back there. He was confident Bruno could handle it but it was still natural to worry. Funny, Seeing how he only knew him for 2 minutes. Even if they helped Bruno, Leigh was tired from all the fighting. One more battle and he might just pass out. He wanted rest. Badly.

"You guys as tired as I am? I don't even want to think about fighting honestly. I just want to relax... under a tree maybe if it isn't dead by now." He asked everyone. "Sheesh, practice fights, Beedrill swarms, And criminals. I think that's enough for one day eh?" Leigh noticed the worried look on Xells face. Likely still thinking about Bruno. "Comon cheer up. We'd only get in the way in our condition. We're all tired. Fighting now would be suicide for us. We'll get to the guild, And he'll be back with both Retus and or Cruor captured." He did his best to get the group to think positive. All of this worrying was making everything seem dull.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    ((OOC: I just realized Poker fits in as a game a Pokémon would play. Get it? Aha, my jokes are lame.))

"Cards eh. The day someone lets a psychic pokemon play a card game is the day Mt. blaze freezes over.
    " Leigh joked. "I never could get into such games. I'd be suspected of cheating most of the time anyways. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try someday. Haha..." The corrupt substance in Leigh bubbled up, reacting to the environment. He blushed in embarrassment, but Alaska didn't say anything. She didn't want to make him feel worse. "I've never played a card game in my life, unfortunately. And what's a Poker?" Xell asked.

Leigh and Alaska were amused by his comment. Leigh explained what Poker was, and Xell simply replied with, "Oh!" Alaska nodded in agreement to Leigh's statement about recklessly betting. Alaska had actually "stolen" items from many Pokémon by hustling them in Poker. She would pretend to be really bad, and then bet very valuable items to draw the opponent in. The unsuspecting Pokémon also bet very, very valuable items, as if to taunt Alaska's poor skill in playing.
    That's when she played her best. That's when she took their valuables. The opponent would then become upset, and Alaska knew it was partly their fault for betting so recklessly. It was surprising, the rare items she had taken. Alaska of course didn't say this, or everyone would think she was a spineless jerk.
    But then again, this was necessary to do before she had met Janice. Taking money and valuables was the only way she could eat, since the area she lived in highly discouraged preying on other Pokémon and their eggs. Alaska looked at Leigh and Xell, who still seemed worried about Bruno's fight. She had actually forgotten for those few moments, but when she remembered, became nervous once again.

Leigh suggested that they rest under a tree, because fighting in their condition would only get in the way and hurt everyone. Alaska remembered a tree she was told about when Leigh mentioned the dead trees. "Yes, we should rest," Alaska agreed. "Oh, and I know this has nothing to do with the issue at hand, but I got the urge to mention it." Alaska looked at Leigh, and then Xell before continuing. "It's called a 'Brugmansia' tree. Well, this tree contains high levels of toxin on every part of it. The leaves are toxic. The bark is toxic. Even the flowers, toxic!" Alaska thought for a moment about why she had even said anything. She remembered.
    "Are there any of those trees here in the corrupted areas? I've heard so much about this tree that I thought we should maybe be careful with any tree we get near…" Alaska's voice trailed off at the end. She didn't want to get poisoned again, and she didn't want her friends to get poisoned. This tree was very toxic, and on dangerous levels. Alaska was trying to be safe instead of sorry, or was she just overreacting for nothing?

Megaman765

Years
    "Brugmansia? Yeah... I've heard about those. I mean, I don't have to worry about poison due to our protective genes but they are dangerous to other species. I might have seen one or two of them back before the corruption incident. I made sure to stay away from them." Leigh replied. I don't really know if they would grow around here... Thanks for the warning though" He concluded, Bumping into Alaska playfully. Leigh respected how much Alaska knew about the world. She's probably been in her own fair share of adventures out there for all he knew.
    -----------------------------------
    Flare continued walking silently with the group. He was lucky to have such a close team. Cruor would have easily done him in if it weren't for their teamwork. But... He felt that he hadn't done much. Flares lack of fire moves was his biggest curse, the very reason why he's all the way out here and not back home. If he could just spit one bit of fire... Flare had told Felecia about his problem, but Leigh was still oblivious of Flare's problem.

-----------------------------------
    Cruor got the signal to strike Bruno from behind in rhythm with Retus' attack. At the same time as Retus, He moved in to stab Bruno right in the back with his claws.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: Oh snap I realized a few minutes ago I have the devil's number of posts. This post will help. BTW Night, I've been meaning to say nice avatar. Anyway sorry for my minor lack of activity. My internet's still bad. I also gotta ask if Michael gave you permission to post for him Megaman.

IC:
    Layne had looked through the guild, but had not found Chunk anywhere. Seeing this, Layne sighed, and went to the front of the guild. The daylight still lingered, in the form of a very gray sky, but the moon was out now.

Layne sat down and massaged his left arm. Chances were it would bug him for the next couple days, but he had had worse. Like the one time he almost broke his tail. Layne was dependent on his tail for numerous reasons, but the main two reasons that came to mind were movement in water, and balance on land. Without his tail, both would be harder.

Layne's mind drifted back to Autumn when he suddenly saw the first star appear. Autumn always liked the night sky. Layne could make his many promises as usual, but he right now was just lost in the moment. Autumn wanted to touch the stars, and Layne would make sure she did.

Layne finally returned to earth when a cry sounded in the sky. Almost like a battle cry. Layne then saw Chunk out in the fields. Layne went over. Chunk was near a tree. Mumbling something to himself, which Layne couldn't figure out, but he walked up, and asked, "Any luck?"

--------------------------------------

Bruno, focused, and when he heard both footsteps, he gave a loud cry and dove to the side, narrowly missing the attack from behind and front. He would not allow himself to be surrounded as such. He faced both pokemon. "One outlaw, wanted for the bloodshed of more villages I care to mention, and an outlaw, half corrupt, and annoying as hell. What a pair..." he said with a hint of sarcasm. With a growl, he rose a leg, and brought it smashing down.

The resulting crash, generated a shockwave, which was known as an earthquake attack. It took Bruno years to master the technique which was easy for most ground type pokemon to learn, but upon mastering it, it indeed proved very deadly in combat...

-------------------

Osha and Anthony kept them moving. Osha still had a look of disapproval as far as bringing Leigh into the guild. He was becoming more sensative as to let newcomers into the guild at all due to possible corruption. And now that this Leigh was actually corrupt.........would the guildmaster know what he was doing?

Upon suggestions of rest, Osha looked back and shook his head. "This land is unforgivable at night. Corrupt pokemon will run wild, and chances are, they probably already are. We need to get to the guild now. It isn't far."

Anthony, meanwhile was offering water and oran berries to any who were tired. Osha, seeing this called him over, and said, "You shouldn't give them your orans. The guild is scarce of them, and you should know that."
    "They might need the energy." Anthony said, "And it will help us get to the guild a bit faster if they are more awake. I'm willing to sacrifice my orans to get us to the guild."

Anthony sometimes made sense, but sometimes, he was just...amazing to Osha...and not in the best way...Osha sometimes couldn't understand his partner...

--------------------

Hirotaro heard the cry. He had heard it many times before. It belonged to his partner. Upon hearing it, he went to the back entrance of the guild, and looked toward the forest. Bruno was powerful, but even he sometimes required help. Hirotaro closed his eyes. Aura flowed through him...

Even through his closed eyelids, the forest glowed and lit up before him. It wasn't the healthiest color, as it was a deep purple in color, but he could see Bruno's orange aura in the distance. Alongside it, was a crimson red aura and another aura, deep purple, yet also light green in color. Bruno was in combat. The aura didn't lie.

The aging blood in Hirotaro, suddenly quickened and went young. Hirotaro dropped the walking stick he used and jumped into the air. He landed in a tree, he then jumped to the ground and broke into a run toward Bruno. His steps, though quick, as silent as a predator stalking it's prey. Bruno would not fight his adversary alone. He would just have to hold them off for a couple minutes.....he was more than capable of doing that...

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    "Nothing." Chunk replied as Layne approached him. Damn, he was speedy... "Something's up in the forest." He added without turning back to the Buizel.

His eyes were focused ahead, and his gaze was a serious one, watching as there was a sudden explosion in the forest, which - proving his theory - was quite visible from afar. He guessed an Earthquake, especially because the ground under his paws started shaking shortly after.
    He was aware of his weaknesses, and was also aware that Earthquake was one of them, but seeing how far away it was, it didn't seem to be a cause of concern.

"I would go and see... but I can't beca-..." He continued, only to trail off upon hearing another sound, his ears twitching upon catching the sound. It was much closer, as if down the slope at the top of which he stood. "There's someone else close by..." He warned, assuming a combat position.

Megaman765

Years
    Both Retus and Cruor struggled to keep their footing as the earth below them began to shatter from Bruno's earthquake attack. "S...S...Sheesh... Your gonna wake the kids up at this rate!" He joked. The shockwaves from the Earthquake sent Retus flying against one of the dead trees. The impact caused the tree to fall backwards. Retus knew what enemy he was fighting against, And Bruno didn't fool around. He was shielded by a protective aura as as far as Retus knew, Meaning corruption and shadow hold wouldn't have much effect on him.

------------------

Cruor did his best to stay on both of his feet during the large tremor in the earth. He didn't want to work with Retus... he had no plans on it. But if it means the end to this Bruno, then he was willing to do so. It didn't help how annoying Retus was however. "Shut up will you? Save your stupid jokes for the end." He replied to Retus. Once the Tremor began to die down, Cruor lept into the air and attempted to hit Bruno with Crush claw. His eyes were filled with the looks of murder.

--------------------------------

The guild was very close, According to Osha and Anthony. However Leigh wouldn't be done when they got there. As soon as he met this guild master, He planned to relax or just go straight to sleep. Under a live tree, Maybe a hot spring, if there was any around. Leigh was getting sleepy just thinking about it... Immediately he got a quick wake up call as soon as he felt the earth shake, along with a battle cry. Bruno perhaps? The earthquake was so powerful, Even Leigh could feel it, despite that he was floating.

Last edited:
    Back